• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Typical MDT Shipping Times?

J. W.

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2023
NW LA
Anyone know how long it typically takes for MDT to ship an in stock item? I ordered a magazine on the 1st, it said it was in stock when I ordered it, and last I checked it still says it’s in stock. There has been no update on the order status. It keeps saying “awaiting fulfillment.” Not bitching, just curious. I would’ve thought I’d have at least seen an order update by now.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Last one I had was shipped day after of order
ED0C6D82-91B0-4E27-9FBF-FFD9E5B423D9.jpeg

Anyone know how long it typically takes for MDT to ship an in stock item? I ordered a magazine on the 1st, it said it was in stock when I ordered it, and last I checked it still says it’s in stock. There has been no update on the order status. It keeps saying “awaiting fulfillment.” Not bitching, just curious. I would’ve thought I’d have at least seen an order update by now.

Did ya try contacting them???

Good heavens.

I forgot about this thread. I did receive my magazine, plus a chamber flag.

The magazine is great. I got the no-binder version and I can load COALs of any length I need now. I like the 2-to-1 stack, too. The 10 rounder is not much longer than a standard 5 rounder.
Will buy again.

Reactions: MDT_OFFICIAL
I ordered a HNT26 October 13, 2023 and still haven't received it. I wasn't expecting a quick delivery but I wasn't expecting almost 4 months either. I finally just sent a message saying cancel the order. I was looking forward to the chassis but now, I've turned the page mentally and have other ideas of how I want to upgrade my rifles. Hunting season is over and the excitement has disappeared. They seem to be a great company so I may try them again in the future but this experience wasn't a good first impression.

I ordered a HNT26 October 13, 2023 and still haven't received it. I wasn't expecting a quick delivery but I wasn't expecting almost 4 months either. I finally just sent a message saying cancel the order. I was looking forward to the chassis but now, I've turned the page mentally and have other ideas of how I want to upgrade my rifles. Hunting season is over and the excitement has disappeared. They seem to be a great company so I may try them again in the future but this experience wasn't a good first impression.
If you need something immediately, its almost always quicker to go through a stocking dealer than the company that builds it.

I got my MDT black friday chassis pretty quickly, (2 weeks?) but generally speaking, the above applies to every company Ive ever bought direct from.

Reactions: Phiffe
We do apologize for this experience, and we try our best to keep our production times to 8-10 weeks. We do understand and hope to be able to work with you in the future.

We do apologize for this experience, and we try our best to keep our production times to 8-10 weeks. We do understand and hope to be able to work with you in the future.
Thank you, that is appreciated. Coincidentally, I received a message from Greg Taylor, MDT customer service, saying the order shipped on the same day I tried to cancel it. Go figure. But ultimately that means I can't cancel the order. Since the chassis is being delivered, can any of you help me out? I originally planned the chassis for a base model Tikka T3x Lite, 6.5 Creedmoor and my first hunt. I'm new to hunting and rifle shooting as this was my first rifle. After a few months and a bit more understanding, I no longer want to use the chassis for that rifle because its not threaded. Is there another threaded barrel rifle I can substitute and use this particular chassis? The action is Tikka T3 SA, ARCA Forend, Folding Buttstock.

I also don't know much about accessories or anything. What's a good bipod? What kind of sling works well with the chassis system. I'm a neophyte. Please help!

If you need something immediately, its almost always quicker to go through a stocking dealer than the company that builds it.

I got my MDT black friday chassis pretty quickly, (2 weeks?) but generally speaking, the above applies to every company Ive ever bought direct from.
Thank for the info. They said they shipped the rifle on the same day I tried to cancel it, smh. So I guess its on its way. But now I have to figure out what to use it for as I no longer want to put the tikka t3s lite 6.5 Creedmoor on it because its not threaded. But I purchased a Tikka short action. I'll see what I can figure out. I'm a noob so I'm kind of figuring this out in real time lol. Take care and thanks again for the info.

Reactions: AleksanderSuave
If you have the Tikka just get it threaded. If you don't look at a CTR or Varmint model, I think they come threaded. No other actions you can use other than Tikka or probably Sako in that chassis. Get one of the MDT bipods that fits your budget/weight.

Thank for the info. They said they shipped the rifle on the same day I tried to cancel it, smh. So I guess its on its way. But now I have to figure out what to use it for as I no longer want to put the tikka t3s lite 6.5 Creedmoor on it because its not threaded. But I purchased a Tikka short action. I'll see what I can figure out. I'm a noob so I'm kind of figuring this out in real time lol. Take care and thanks again for the info.
Your cheapest option if you already have the barreled action or rifle is just pay someone to thread it, or step up to a T3X CTR, which I believe is the next price point, but will come threaded from the factory, whether you need a bipod or not, is entirely dependent on the type of hunting you do.

I just finished my first season hunting last season and I don’t think there was ever a moment where a bipod would have helped me because of the type of blinds we were in and the woody areas weren’t conducive to long range shots anyway.

A trigger shooting stick maybe would help but I was never in a situation on public land where I spooked any deer that sat around long enough after for me to set up a shot with a bipod or shooting stick.

If you’re hunting longer range maybe it could help but plenty of guys I've talked to, just go prone and use their backpack for a front "bag"/support.

If you're hiking 2-3 miles in intense terrain, any extra piece of gear begins to suck. A 2 mile walk through a semi-deep and nasty swamp and thick vines, with full gear (winter clothing plus backpack and rifle, etc) in the dark, took me almost an hour to get to. What you need all depends on what kind of hunting you plan on doing.

I like the quake claw slings. The only thing Id change about them is some ability to have QD so you can do a cross-shoulder or similar slinged setup. Also easier to unsling if you have multiple layers on, with a QD setup. When I was using a chassis with MLOK, I added Mlok QD mounting points to it, and cheap sling hardware with QD push buttons to the sling. That was a pretty slick setup, but the quake claw was not quite long enough for what I'd prefer.