• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tyson bugs. Get ready.

Sooo, not many done jungle warfare survival training? Tastes nutty, sorta…..
IMG_3711.jpeg
IMG_3712.jpeg
IMG_3713.jpeg
IMG_3714.jpeg
IMG_3715.jpeg

^^^^^
I was at an open market in rural Guatamala and asked a lady "What are those?" pointing at some big red things in a pan. She popped one in he mouth and handed me one with a smile, so I ate it. A giant beetle, roasted in red pepper. It wouldnt have been too bad if it hadnt crunched when I bit into it.

Being too proud to wince, I smiled, said thanks, walked around the corner and spit it out. Ate a couple elotes to kill the feeling.

I would eat that in a New York minute, provided they were cooked thoroughly. And salty/crunchy. Bugs can have parasites just like anything else.

Drunk, on the street in Thailand, can be had some VERY tasty snacks like little frogs, cockroaches, grasshoppers, etc. I never got the shits, or threw up, or even felt bad after eating that stuff. It was the water in a cup of coffee at the airport that got me...

Bugs are probably the most widely available food source on the planet? In survival training people eat whatever they can get, and if you're hungry enough... you will, too.

Having said that, I DO PREFER beef, pork, chicken, etc but I will eat frogs, snails, turtle, snakes, squirrels, groundhog, fish, crawdads, alligator, feral hog, etc.

I would eat that in a New York minute, provided they were cooked thoroughly. And salty/crunchy. Bugs can have parasites just like anything else.

Drunk, on the street in Thailand, can be had some VERY tasty snacks like little frogs, cockroaches, grasshoppers, etc. I never got the shits, or threw up, or even felt bad after eating that stuff. It was the water in a cup of coffee at the airport that got me...

Bugs are probably the most widely available food source on the planet? In survival training people eat whatever they can get, and if you're hungry enough... you will, too.

Having said that, I DO PREFER beef, pork, chicken, etc but I will eat frogs, snails, turtle, snakes, squirrels, groundhog, fish, crawdads, alligator, feral hog, etc.
Bugs carry diseases and are not healthy for human consumption regardless of what the propaganda being spewed says. It's disgusting and I ain't eating them.

I'd rather eat long pork.

Bugs carry diseases and are not healthy for human consumption regardless of what the propaganda being spewed says. It's disgusting and I ain't eating them.

I'd rather eat long pork.
Me too. Not so much because of the bugs, but because the elites will be well fed in 2030 and probably have good marbling.

• Haha
Reactions: JIMB3AM and lash
A long time ago, a co-worker shared a report that he had read. The USDA allows so many bug parts per million in the manufacture of fig newton cookies. It is a given that the insects will get in there. But they had a level of purity. Some bug parts were okay, not others.

My dog would sometimes eat bugs and my old cat would eat them.

Before the days of full face helmets, riding and yawning invited bug eating. Always tried to keep my teeth together to screen out the
shells.

Reactions: jrassy
I'll bet people said the same things when they told them to stop killing everything and eat domestic herd animals. I'm not worried about it, and while you may not ear then willingly, your grandkids a couple generations from now will, and they won't even think it's odd. It will happen. The only thing that stops this is if there is a catastrophic population decline. Your ancestors ate them, and your descendents will. History will show that we were the anomaly..

Back in 2000'ish I was in Oaxaca and tried chapulines. Wasn't bad from what I remember. The mezcal was a different story, but probably killed everything that I might have got.

Reactions: Mudburner
The dark truth appears to be in the OP, ‘globalist‘. A passing knowledge of history suggests that folks eating bugs is mostly due to extreme poverty or circumstance, not by choice. China under Mao, Vietnam, poor Isaan areas of Thailand and Laos etc. Prolly dozens of other country’s too. Be poor, eat bugs and like it is the underlying subtext.

Guessing it’s cheaper for ‘big food’ to make bug food than use product from existing supply chains. Years ago, after getting off a contract job II worked for a small high tech medical company owned by Pfizer. We would get the monthly Pfizer news letter, being part of their empire. For a few years, there were constant proud articles about the ‘lite food revolution’.

Pfizer was proudly touting their massive investment in chemically engineered ‘filler’, to replace actual food like grains etc in cereals and many other food products, and how profitable it would be. I resigned after a year, to follow a lower paid, but more ethical pathway.

Reactions: BurtG
"Roach Milk" is a newer frontier as well. Supposedly extremely high in all the right nutrients. Just need enough of it.

"You substitute a filter paper in the brood sac for the embryos and you leave it there," she explains. After a while, "youake it out and you get the milk."

Somehow, that does not make it any better. How about we raise and keep bovines. Anyone with strong hands and a stool and a bucket can get milk from a cow. And later, you can eat the cow.

Granted, some people may have a problem with eating cows and it is a faith. Nothing in evolution or Creation speaks against eating meat. And with a few people having food allergies to meat, most people who are vegetarian or vegan are such by choice.

It's funny that a number of people who will not eat an animal "because it has a face" are the same ones would deny the existence of God. Or believe in a "Mother Nature." Ergo, a faith.

I might consider that if we ever run out of deer, wild turkey, wild hogs, skwerls, fish, cows, elk, ad infinitum.

My ancestors spent considerable effort moving me to the top of the food chain, and out of respect, I intend to stay there.

If real SHTF happens, the edible wildlife in North America will be eaten in months... if not weeks.

It's not the 1800's (or even the 1920's) any more where subsistence hunting is practical. Today, the fields and forests would be stripped as if locusts had been through. And, really, it would be exactly the same.

Sirhr

If real SHTF happens, the edible wildlife in North America will be eaten in months... if not weeks.

It's not the 1800's (or even the 1920's) any more where subsistence hunting is practical. Today, the fields and forests would be stripped as if locusts had been through. And, really, it would be exactly the same.

Sirhr
This.

Somehow, that does not make it any better. How about we raise and keep bovines. Anyone with strong hands and a stool and a bucket can get milk from a cow. And later, you can eat the cow.

Granted, some people may have a problem with eating cows and it is a faith. Nothing in evolution or Creation speaks against eating meat. And with a few people having food allergies to meat, most people who are vegetarian or vegan are such by choice.

It's funny that a number of people who will not eat an animal "because it has a face" are the same ones would deny the existence of God. Or believe in a "Mother Nature." Ergo, a faith.
If you read the original instructions, thats not exactly true.

"

Genesis 1:29

King James Version

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

Sadly, after Eve ate the wrong apple everything got fucked up, and where we are is a result of that. Doesnt deny the original instructions.

If you read the original instructions, thats not exactly true.

"

Genesis 1:29​

King James Version​

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

Sadly, after Eve ate the wrong apple everything got fucked up, and where we are is a result of that. Doesnt deny the original instructions.
Good point.
Well, We are all fallen. So, let my fire up the grill and smoke a brisket. The instructions did not say thou shall not eat meat. And, besides, if you accept Christ as your lord and savior, those sins are forgiven.

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws

Sirhr
Days. Not weeks. Not months.

Ppl
Have no idea the complexity and magnitude of modern agriculture

Reactions: BLEE and lash
  • Haha
Reactions: BurtG
"Was your neighbor a man of good taste?"

"Actually, no. He was a bit tough and stringy."

They can shove all the bugs and roaches straight up their ass!

Reactions: lash
Or you could just take the bugs and go fishing
What a unheard of idea(to these tards...)

I think I put my first cricket on a hook scooped right off the ground with my own hands at about 6 years old. Times were apparently simpler then, or people have just purposefully complicated them.

"Psychosomatic long covid+" LOL.. I gotta use that shit.

Reactions: Snipe260