• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

U.S.D.A. wants to register community gardens !

IF you look at many states there is already a lot of farming and ranching on government lands. I can think of one ranch that operates almost entirely on State Turst Land. They lease at least 30, 640 acre parcels from the state for 100 dollars per month each.
Very true, but I don’t think that those exactly qualify as community gardens.

Reactions: Im2bent
I would say those are the only ones that qualify. Find me another garden both you and I have eaten from.
Okay, that’s a valid point. I guess that my view was of the many actual small, non-commercial community gardens that towns and cities often encourage private citizens to operate on very small plots of land on town/city limits.

Two completely different arrangements, but likely the same plans for both.

There is a guy locally that was looking for anyone with land they would let him plant crops on. He was asking for an acre, split crops in the end. I think he is trying to help community in the event the inevitable happens. I guess he had the means to afford that.

He's just being smart. That's a lot how farming happens now. Someone has land, someone wants to plant hay, they split profit from hay sales in the end

Reactions: lash