• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

U.S.Gov.Buying Ammo

Re: U.S.Gov.Buying Ammo

Sorry, Bill, pages not found.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, Bill, pages not found.</div></div>
copied and pasted from another site.... link broke....

"Google" U.S Gov.Buying Ammo"
what an education.......
bill larson

Is my math screwy, or does it equate to 106 years worth of ammo?

By their own account, they use 15 million rounds/yr.

1.6 Billion??? Do the math

A news report today indicates that the Social Security Administration has purchased 174,000 rounds of ammunition, adding the agency to a growing list of federal agencies that have purchased multithousands of rounds of ammo over the last six months.

The type of ammunition government agencies are buying is troublesome to many observers. The agencies have purchased hollow point bullets which are designed to expand once they enter their target in order to do the most damage to the victim.

Not only has the Social Security Administration purchased multithousands of rounds of hollow point bullets but so have the Department of Homeland Security and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Sources have further indicated that ammunition and firearms have been delivered to multiple agencies of the federal government, including the Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of Education, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Internal Revenue Service, among others.

The official explanation for the ammunition is preparation for the possibility of civil unrest during a national emergency, such as a natural disaster, a terrorist attack, or a complete economic collapse.

Observers say that the growing specter of a complete economic collapse is the one thing that is most responsible for this unprecedented effort toward preparation on the part of multiple government agencies.

A few observers, however, see a much more ominous motivation behind the mass purchase of ammo. Some believe that the federal government is preparing for Martial law during which citizens would be deprived of the freedom to their firearms and during which curfews would be imposed nationwide.

But what would precipitate the implementation of such a broad based effort at preparation on the part of multiple agencies of the federal government at the present time?

Several factors are possibly at play. Citizens as never before have been purchasing firearms and ammunition at an unprecedented level since 2008. Many believe that unelected forces that are not under the control of citizens are wielding undue influence over the federal government, even to the point of breaking the law and violating the time honored principles of the U.S. Constitution. And some believe that at some point, inevitably citizens who are dedicated to preserving liberty as encapsulated in the Constitution will rise up to depose the shadowy figures lurking in the background, and their puppets within the government, who have determined to impose on the United States a way of thinking and form of government that are foreign to every known principle espoused by the Founding Fathers.

These circumstances, when added to the growing economic crisis in Europe, China, and Japan add up to a potentially dangerous scenario where global civil unrest becomes commonplace. The economy of the United States is so thoroughly interwoven with that of Europe, China, and Japan that a collapse in any one of those three areas of the world would create a domino effect inevitably leading to collapse in the United States.

But for whatever reasons, none of which can be confirmed, the agencies of the U.S. government are arming themselves to the hilt.

(BIN) I have been calling allot of ammo distributors and ALL of them are telling me that our government is all the 5.56-.223 cal military surplus ammo. And their also telling the ammo distributors stop selling the ammo to civilians and their vendors because the government is buying it all up from everyone they can. I have also spoken with theses ammo dealers and they told me that the 5.56 and .223 ammo is going way up in price.

For instance…I paid $149.00 for federal surplus 440 rounds of steal core and now at the gun show today it was selling for $440.00 for 420 rounds. I have checked and ALLOT of places online are out of the Military surplus ammo by federal. M193 and M855 SS109 ammo. I did find one place still carrying both these ammo’s and good prices still, but their the only place I could find. If interested let me know and Ill forward the info.

I was also told by the same ammo dealers that the government is going to buy all the 9mm and .45 ammo up, so hurry and buy while you can at the lower prices while still available. Guess if they won’t take our guns because they figure that there are some many out there, they will just buy all most popular military calibers. Can’t shoot a gun with no ammo…stock up now while you still can.

They also said the government will continue to purchase all the ammo through the presidential election and they will continue to until the president tells them to stop. And if obama gets reelected instead of rejected, you know he wont stop the purchasing of all the ammo mentioned above.

To “The Bulletsmiths”:

I was recently made aware of the fact that you supply bullets to ATK i.e. Lake City and Black Hills. You are probably aware that these are DOD contractors that supply ammunition to troops. I don’t really have an issue with these contracts as I know they provide a huge revenue source for your operations just by the sheer size of their demand, and they operate overseas. A more concerning problem for me is the rumor that you have specifically engineered rounds for the NYPD and Federal agencies that do operate inside the borders of our great nation. In conjuction with a verified story today in the headlines that the DHS is buying 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition over the next four years and the rumor that these projectiles are engineered specifically for urban warfare I am deeply saddened by your involvement in such a venture. This letter is one of the facets I will use to try to verify this information and what I find I pray does not implicate you in this needless arms race against the American public. You are probably aware that NY state has also passed legislation banning firearms of a certain nature. These are the firearms of today made popular by our veterans extensive knowledge and ease of operation. Some manufacturers have released statements revoking this state and its Federal entities from purchasing their product. By not doing the same and continuing to supply these tyrranical agencies and states with projectiles you are essentially arming the Government against its people. Actions such as these will not gain you favor in the public eye. Were you to cease this operation and release a statement to the public concerning your actions could only serve to drive up business from our great community. Remember that you came from small beginnings. Is the cost of making more money worth your honor and integrity? I certainly hope not.

Sincerely,
Concerned Citizen

Please copy paste and e-mail to [email protected]

I was at Sierra a few years ago and even back then they had pallets of 9mm and 30call bullets ready to go to them. I can only imagine how much is going now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The official explanation for the ammunition is preparation for the possibility of civil unrest during a national emergency, such as a natural disaster, a terrorist attack, or a complete economic collapse.
</div></div>

Sounds like "Someone" is preparing fro the inevitable...

And some of those bullets go to departments such as the Dept of Corrections, where we go out and blast away a few hundred rounds each to qualify with weapons... And each law enforcement has their quals... The black helicopters aren't circling yet
wink.gif

The ammo manufactures need to cut the balls off any shipments other than civilian. I am not by any means anti Military or LEO. There are those on this site that will stand by that. Don't forget this. The civilian demand is as strong as ever and likely equal to "OEM" demand today. Think about this.

Our downfall will be the fact that the VAST majority of Americans don't care what our government is doing.

Is this the "paranoia thread".

Guys, really?

Its only because we have the internet that you are even aware of such information.

If it comes time to stop playing nice, ill be one of the captains of the kick ass brigade, for now, just chill and believe there are MANY Military leaders and LE chiefs along with countless rank and file that would pick up their weapons at a moments notice and fight against a tyrannical guvmint.

I know it seems like dark days, but this aint shit.

Self fulfilling deal - anti gun admin wins second term. Since no real restrictions were passed during the first term - they must becoming in the second - right? Still a war on. Lots of uniformed and alphabet types that need to learn to hit the broadside of a barn, and then there is the jumpy tinfoilers.

Spin that through the media a few times and Joe Sixpack who typically shoots less than 100 a year and never keeps more than a half of a box of 'shells' around the casa - suddenly decides they HAVE to have several thousand rounds of everything they own.

= shortage

I am hoping for the post Y2k style generator and yurt sale on ammo in Q3 2017.

Good luck

The US Government owns several ammunition plants. Why do they need to bother the commercial supply.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The US Government owns several ammunition plants. Why do they need to bother the commercial supply. </div></div>

Need more quantity? Less civilian supply?

HAHAHA! ok sarge! Guys i'm not talking about collapse. I'm talking about doing something to prevent it. I do not just have this info from the internet either. I worked at sierra. I've used the biometric hand scanner to clock in and I have produced these projectiles with my own hands. They exist and it is a gov't contract. Work orders are guarded and each bullet made is accounted for and shipped, reject or not. I am however unaware of who makes the ammunition with them as the shipments are tracked seperatly and only labeled NYC. Somewhere in NY? LOL my best guess.

Maybe the Fed?...NY is the main bank. Their banks are built like fortresses. lol