• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UCP (ACU) camo Snipers Opinion

camomallninja

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2009
I wanted to get snipers opinion that have seen it in combat situations.

How did it appear in Urban? did it blend in with the streets and curbs concrete buildings and so forth?

2001531679111002788_rs-1.jpg

article_photo1-1.jpg

How did it look in desert? I have seen it dirty and looked good, almost appeared like desert Marpat.

artcombatafpgi-1.jpg

realkeeper-1.jpg

How about woodland shadows and tree canopy? I have seen it in low light situations look just right but when the sun is on it it looked like an Urban camo again.

Picture015-5.jpg

Picture003-6.jpg

Picture005-4.jpg

How about at long range?
I remember seeing 2 friends walking towards me maybe 500 meters out and the one wearing US woodland looked black, but the one wearing UCP was only visible because he was moving!

Picture024-3.jpg

Picture025-4.jpg

Do you guys think it's a mistake to take it out completely or keep it as an Urban camo?

Re: UCP (ACU) camo Snipers Opinion

ill respond...now im no sniper haha but i will tell you that i did not mind it in iraq, i was in baghdad, and it wasnt bad, however, it is horrible for afghanistan, at least the part im in, its very lush and green here, i felt very outclassed when 10th MTN got here wearing their multicam, that stuff is the shit, seems to work everywhere. but it doesnt take a sniper to tell ya any of that, with proper CCD it doesnt really matter what pattern your uniform is.

oh and just to add on, the coolest camo i ever saw was a sniper team in Adl distric wearing ghiilies made from trash! not jute or burlap!

are you talking about in urban? using trash wow that would work

CMN,

I was only able to catch the first few minutes, but if that's the type of area you plan to hunt in, the Army ACU is hands down the winner....(at least in the first few minutes of the vid.) You have a massive amount of gray on the ground. (Decomposing rock/dirt) and a substantial amount of gray with the Manzanitia and tree bark.

I would say that the gray in the ACU and the way it plays on the light, would be what I would use. Remember, if you plan on taking long shots, you will most likely be laying on the ground where that ACU should pay off.

-Pat