• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UGA Bulldawgs will be your 2015 national champions.

windermike

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2011
GA winder
Uga wil go into the SEC championship game undefeated to play a one loss LSU. The dawgs will put a good beating on the tigers and have a cake walk in the national championship. Aurburn used up all the luck for the state of Alabama for the next 20 years and still could not get it done.

Congratulations on your first championship. Maybe we should just give them the trophy now and skip this season.

Or a more likely scenario, the SEC East will continue to be weak and UGA, despite a shitty Florida team, will still get beat in the Gator bowl and continue to be an incessant disappointment to their fans. The least weak of the disasters known as the SEC East will get their asses handed to them from either Bama or if their players are on parole, LSU.

While I agree with Mike on this one he spelled BAMA wrong. He meant to spell AUBURN!!

I work in Georgia and for some reason they have this delusion that they are somehow going to be good this year.... They drink too much water out of the Chattahoochee river. Its gonna be AU, UA, or LSU again this year you can put it in the bank.

Ya'll are all weak in the heads. Virginia takes it all undefeated.

Ha , Ha , This is going to get good ! RTR . What are they going to do with when there's only SEC teams playing in the playoffs from here on , HA! HA! HA!

Ha , Ha , This is going to get good ! RTR . What are they going to do with when there's only SEC teams playing in the playoffs from here on , HA! HA! HA!
Aint gonna happen

Uga wil go into the SEC championship game undefeated to play a one loss LSU. The dawgs will put a good beating on the tigers and have a cake walk in the national championship. Aurburn used up all the luck for the state of Alabama for the next 20 years and still could not get it done.

That is a funny story! UGA doesn't have a chance in hell at getting past the usual SEC powerhouse teams.

Go Gators.

I know. Football team sucks with Muschamp.

But Still a powerhouse in pretty much every other sport and we will be back in good time.

What sport besides basketball is Florida a powerhouse and how are you defining powerhouse?

Pick a sport. Chances are we've either been to or won a national title in it in the last 10 years, in many cases more than once.

Here are some references for your enlightenment:

The Florida athletic program has won a total of 31 national team titles, including 22 since 1992. The department’s commitment to comprehensive success is evident in the fact that 12 different Gator sports have won a national title, a total that stands fourth all-time among the nation’s athletic program. Florida has won a Southeastern Conference Championship best 13 national titles since 2006 and has captured at least one national title in each of the last four years.

Men’s Outdoor Track and Field and Gymnastics added the latest national championship hardware to the Gators collection in 2013. Overall, the Gators had 12 athletic teams rank in the top 10 nationally – and six in the top five – in 2012-13. UF placed second in the Learfield Sports Directors’ Cup standings, equaling the highest finish ever for the program and their fifth consecutive top-four finish in the ranking. The University of Florida is the only program in the nation to finish among the nation’s top 10 in each of the last 30 national all-sports standings.

Nine conference titles were earned by Florida teams in 2012-13, equaling the league record with eight Southeastern Conference titles (men’s basketball, women’s cross country, gymnastics, soccer, softball, men’s swimming and diving, men’s tennis and volleyball). These accomplishments led to the Gators capturing the SEC All-Sports Trophy for the seventh consecutive year, the 21st time in the last 22 years, and sweeping the awards for the 13th time – winning the overall, men’s and women’s titles. UF is the only school to collect all three titles in a single season and have now won the overall title 23 times and the men’s and women’s 17 and 20 times, respectively. The Gators now boast a total of 213 SEC titles – the most in the league – and 259 individual national titles. The other conference title came from the Gators’ youngest program, women’s lacrosse, which collected a share of its third consecutive American Lacrosse Conference title.

A total of 186 Gator student-athletes earned a spot on the SEC Academic Honor Roll in 2012-13. UF is the only SEC school to place 100 or more student-athletes on the Academic Honor Roll each of the last 16 years. Florida student-athletes have also earned a total of 97 Academic All-America honors since 1992, including four in 2012-13.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-country-sports-tailgating-and-co-eds/page/26

http://www.stack.com/2010/12/10/2010-stack-elite-50-colleges-2-florida/

http://www.cbssports.com/general/ey...orts-which-school-had-the-best-year-in-sports

http://www.capitalonecup.com/

Also academically UF ranks very high in many polls/rankings.

Last edited:
Sorry, that doesn't convince me. Your statistics are misleading. First, in the three major sports (MBB, BB, FB) Florida lacks significantly. Of the three Florida has a TOTAL of 5 National Championships, with ZERO in baseball.

Now I'll give you swimming, Florida is a swimming powerhouse. I'll be the first to say that.

Now if you're content with gymnastics, track and field and some of the other tier 2 and tier 3 sports to build on your claim as being a "powerhouse", then that's your right. But if we're going to play that game, then my alma mater (Cal) has 82. That's right, a total of 82 national championships to Florida's 32.

Oh, and BTW, there is no way Florida is an academic powerhouse. Maybe for the SEC but nationally it doesn't come close.

Baseball.. you may be right but we have also played in a couple of mens baseball national titles in the last few years. So that is misleading in itself. Those stats I just copied and pasted from the ufl website. I don't think you could be honest with yourself and look at the last 20-30 years and not call Florida an athletic powerhouse. The world disagrees with you. And academically Florida regularly ranks in the top 100 worldwide including private institutions and often in the top 50. Did you read how many athletic awards UF has received on the basis of overall athletics program for men's mens and womens sports? Not trying to turn this into a my alma mater is better than yours, but you did beg the question, what I considered a powerhouse. Well, I would say that if you took the overall athletics programs of every school in the NCAA and ranked them based on the last 20 years, putting more emphasis on more recent years, then Florida would easily be in the top 5, and most statisticians seem to put them at #1 or #2. So that is what I would consider to be a powerhouse for overall athletics. And to be fair I never stated we were an academic powerhouse, in contrast to much of the SEC Florida regularly ranks quite high on the academic front as well. I just confirmed we advanced and unfortunately lost both the 2011 and 2012 College World Series. So there's 2 baseball title games (albeit losses), 2 football titles, and 2 basketball titles, in 10 years. So even if you are just talking about tier 1 sports, what other team in the NCAA has done that?

Last edited:
Baseball.. you may be right but we have also played in a couple of mens baseball national title games in the last few years. So that is misleading in itself. Those stats I just copied and pasted from the ufl website. I don't think you could be honest with yourself and look at the last 20-30 years and not call Florida an athletic powerhouse. The world disagrees with you.

Playing in the tournament and winning are two different things. Second place is the first loser and regardless of your optimistic outlook, they haven't sealed the deal. As of this year, Vanderbilt has more baseball national championships than Florida. That must be a bitter pill to swallow. ;)

To your last 20-30 years, by your definition, I don't see Florida as a powerhouse when there are many schools that can match, and surpass, Florida's athletic "prowess". And to your chagrin, the world doesn't disagree with me, only Florida alum disagree with me.

And academically Florida regularly ranks in the top 100 worldwide including private institutions and often in the top 50. Did you read how many athletic awards UF has received on the basis of overall athletics program for men's mens and womens sports? Not trying to turn this into a my alma mater is better than yours, but you did beg the question.

And again, Top 100 and even top 50 is not impressive (to me). To compare, if my football team was in the top 50, would you call them a powerhouse? I wager no one would if you were honest with yourself. I'm not using my alma mater as the standard, however when it far surpasses Florida I have trouble grasping the concept of Florida as an academic leader. Is Florida a great school? Yes, but please break into the top 25 in either undergrad or graduate schools consistently before making that claim.

Now can we get back to football and how much Georgia sucks?

Hockey, lacrosse, women's Basketball, rowing, women's hockey.

Lacrosse went final 4 in 2012, womens basketball not so good but 24 tourney appearances since the 90's with a few sweet 16's and an elite 8. The rest are club sports but being from Buffalo NY originally I really wish there was more hockey down here.

Playing in the tournament and winning are two different things. Second place is the first loser and regardless of your optimistic outlook, they haven't sealed the deal. As of this year, Vanderbilt has more baseball national championships than Florida. That must be a bitter pill to swallow. ;)

To your last 20-30 years, by your definition, I don't see Florida as a powerhouse when there are many schools that can match, and surpass, Florida's athletic "prowess". And to your chagrin, the world doesn't disagree with me, only Florida alum disagree with me.

And again, Top 100 and even top 50 is not impressive (to me). To compare, if my football team was in the top 50, would you call them a powerhouse? I wager no one would if you were honest with yourself. I'm not using my alma mater as the standard, however when it far surpasses Florida I have trouble grasping the concept of Florida as an academic leader. Is Florida a great school? Yes, but please break into the top 25 in either undergrad or graduate schools consistently before making that claim.

Now can we get back to football and how much Georgia sucks?

God does Georgia suck. I'm glad we can agree on one thing. Haha. Nah they are likely to whoop up on us in Football this year just like last year. we need to do something with our coaching staff. And again, never said UF was an academic powerhouse. Just impressive based on the fact that it's predominantly known as an athletic school. I mean, just google 'best overall athletic program ncaa' and Florida is almost always there in the top 3. I know there are many schools with more legacy and I'm damn proud to make it to the title games even if we don't win, hell I'm from Buffalo if i can stomach 4 straight super bowl losses then 2 CWS is easy. Anyway, we could go on about this all day. Not taking away from anyone else just a bit bitter that Florida has struggled with football lately and it makes a man defensive!!!

The odds are in Florida's favor when it comes to the Gator Bowl. Don't get me wrong, Florida is a very good school and I'm not taking anything away from it, but when it comes to words like "powerhouse" it does raise a flag. Like I said though swimming is an exception and having a personal fried who is a Florida alum and Olympic gold medalist in swimming so I have to say that :D

It's funny (ironic) that you're from Buffalo with their team history. Frank Reich was a friend of mine. Great guy, bad luck on Buffalo's part.

The odds are in Florida's favor when it comes to the Gator Bowl. Don't get me wrong, Florida is a very good school and I'm not taking anything away from it, but when it comes to words like "powerhouse" it does raise a flag. Like I said though swimming is an exception and having a personal fried who is a Florida alum and Olympic gold medalist in swimming so I have to say that :D

It's funny (ironic) that you're from Buffalo with their team history. Frank Reich was a friend of mine. Great guy, bad luck on Buffalo's part.

Oh man. I know exactly who you are talking about, and I'm about 99% sure I'm eskimo brothers with him. LOL.

Frank Reich, that's a name I haven't heard in quite a while. He was a damn good guy. I considered him our last hope since the Jim Kelly days. Doug Flutie is another, although I always thought Flutie would be better suited as a fill in or stunt double for the guy on Miami Vice.

BTW, I checked out y'alls videos, very cool stuff. We don't have much in the way of tactical matches down here. Quite a few guys who shoot precision rigs prone etc, and some nice ranges, but I haven't seen anything like what you guys have set up.

Oh man. I know exactly who you are talking about, and I'm about 99% sure I'm eskimo brothers with him. LOL.

Frank Reich, that's a name I haven't heard in quite a while. He was a damn good guy. I considered him our last hope since the Jim Kelly days. Doug Flutie is another, although I always thought Flutie would be better suited as a fill in or stunt double for the guy on Miami Vice.

BTW, I checked out y'alls videos, very cool stuff. We don't have much in the way of tactical matches down here. Quite a few guys who shoot precision rigs prone etc, and some nice ranges, but I haven't seen anything like what you guys have set up.

Eskimo Brothers. HA I know exactly what you're talking about as I've heard him talk about it. PM me his name.

Open invitation if you can ever make it up this way we'll show you a great day of shooting. It's not a long drive and well worth it.

Great day for gators. Georgia southern

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 18
OK, let's get this thread back on track. After football, all other college athletics are in the rear view mirror.

UGA will be the usual disappointment under Richt. As long as Bulldog fans are willing to accept Richt, they will accept mediocracy. Gators will be better this year but won't contend under Muschamp. SEC West teams will beat each other up and the winner will lose to............drumroll..........the South Carolina Gamecocks in the championship game. After sparring with Saban at SEC media days, the Ol' Ball Coach has been reserved with his comments. He knows he has a good team.

Talkin' season is in full swing. Everyone's still undefeated:)

uga wil go into the sec championship game undefeated to play a one loss lsu. The dawgs will put a good beating on the tigers and have a cake walk in the national championship. Aurburn used up all the luck for the state of alabama for the next 20 years and still could not get it done.

well by god,,,, go dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of us SEC homers are weighing in on the upcoming season. Any of you guys who root for the minor league conferences think your teams will contend in the new playoff system? Ohio State, Oklahoma, Stanford or FSU?

Florida is no powerhouse team in basketball.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that right there is just plain troll talk.

Sorry I'm just trying to remember how many times we beat Kentucky last year after going 36-3....I think it was three, or 'every' time. lol

Back to back National titles, nahh no powerhouse...

Getting back on track, I actually disagree that Florida will be better this year. I don't really see any hope for a title contending team until Muschamp is demoted to defensive coordinator (not going to happen) or we get rid of him altogether. UGA will likely be the strongest in the East but there will be a dark horse as there usually is. Obviously Bama and LSU will always be stout and it will be interesting to see what Auburn has up their sleeve after last year's dramatic improvement. FSU, while they won the title last year, I guess I'm just still not convinced that they were the best team. Playoff system will be a huge win for NCAA football though, pitting teams against one another that seldom ever see each other.

Now that right there is just plain troll talk.

Sorry I'm just trying to remember how many times we beat Kentucky last year after going 36-3....I think it was three, or 'every' time. lol

Back to back National titles, nahh no powerhouse...

Getting back on track, I actually disagree that Florida will be better this year. I don't really see any hope for a title contending team until Muschamp is demoted to defensive coordinator (not going to happen) or we get rid of him altogether. UGA will likely be the strongest in the East but there will be a dark horse as there usually is. Obviously Bama and LSU will always be stout and it will be interesting to see what Auburn has up their sleeve after last year's dramatic improvement. FSU, while they won the title last year, I guess I'm just still not convinced that they were the best team. Playoff system will be a huge win for NCAA football though, pitting teams against one another that seldom ever see each other.

Who has 8 national titles in basketball?
Who has more tournament appearences then most of college basketball?
Who choked in the tournament last season and who went to the championship game? Let's also not forget that Florida had one of the EASIEST roads to the final 4 on the whole bracket and still couldn't handle Connecticut. Kentucky had the hardest road to the final four and STILL WENT TO the championship game with "all those freshmen".

Florida has what, 2 national titles? That's cute!

You might be the troll for not knowing your facts and just spewing crap.

Mike asked you to define powerhouse….. so do it because from what I watch and read, FL basketball is nothing to get all tweaked up about.

Last edited:
Who has 8 national titles in basketball?
Who has more tournament appearences then most of college basketball?
Who choked in the tournament last season and who went to the championship game? Let's also not forget that Florida had one of the EASIEST roads to the final 4 on the whole bracket and still couldn't handle Connecticut. Kentucky had the hardest road to the final four and STILL WENT TO the championship game with "all those freshmen".

Florida has what, 2 national titles? That's cute!

You might be the troll for not knowing your facts and just spewing crap.

I'm sorry, you seem to be confused. It seems that you are arguing that Kentucky is a powerhouse basketball team... which I don't know why because I can't remember anyone saying they weren't. Are you saying simply because Kentucky is a powerhouse team, that Florida is not? Florida lost to two teams last year, one of which Kentucky also lost to, which was the same team that knocked us out of the tourney. Kentucky made it to the tournament because they didn't have to play UCONN when Florida did. Y'all would have just as easily 'choked' as well, I'm pretty sure the 'luck' went in Kentucky's favor last year, let's be honest.

If by easy road, you mean playing a weak ass Kentucky team 3 times and mopping the floor with them every time, then yes I'd say it was pretty easy. Some logic you are using there. Yes Kentucky has more titles than Florida, but the past is the past and that does not mean Florida isn't a powerhouse as well. Look at the last 10 years. Kentucky has one title, Florida, 2. If you want to argue that there is only one powerhouse in the NCAA and that is Kentucky, so therefore Florida cannot be a powerhouse, go ahead, you can live in that world if you wish.

Not my fault you are butthurt that KY made it to the title game (somehow) and lost (like they should have because they weren't very good). Basketball is all Kentucky has, I get it that you don't want anyone else to be good at it. But let's come back to reality here. You say I don't know my facts but I went to undergrad at UF and worked there with many of the athletes for a few years, up until 2011. I watched Florida beat y'all in person this year at the O'Dome. Kentucky has a dynasty in basketball, I'll give you that, but that doesn't mean that you can get beat by a team 3 times in one season and still come back and say y'all were a better team this year, especially when you lost to the same team that knocked us out of the tourney!

Hey guys, quit worrying about hoops! We can talk about that in December. The new College Football Season is almost here!

As much as I hate to admit it, FSU had the best team last year. They had great talent and, more importantly, played in a pansy conference that were little more than scrimmages leading up to the BCS championship game. Same thing will likely happen this year re the playoffs. I'd be shocked if they didn't make it to the playoffs this year.

Who are everyone's picks to make the playoffs? Here are mine in no particular order:

Oklahoma
South Carolina
FSU
Ohio State (Big 10 cupcake schedule if they can get by MSU)

I'm sorry, you seem to be confused. It seems that you are arguing that Kentucky is a powerhouse basketball team... which I don't know why because I can't remember anyone saying they weren't. Are you saying simply because Kentucky is a powerhouse team, that Florida is not? Florida lost to two teams last year, one of which Kentucky also lost to, which was the same team that knocked us out of the tourney. Kentucky made it to the tournament because they didn't have to play UCONN when Florida did. Y'all would have just as easily 'choked' as well, I'm pretty sure the 'luck' went in Kentucky's favor last year, let's be honest.

If by easy road, you mean playing a weak ass Kentucky team 3 times and mopping the floor with them every time, then yes I'd say it was pretty easy. Some logic you are using there. Yes Kentucky has more titles than Florida, but the past is the past and that does not mean Florida isn't a powerhouse as well. Look at the last 10 years. Kentucky has one title, Florida, 2. If you want to argue that there is only one powerhouse in the NCAA and that is Kentucky, so therefore Florida cannot be a powerhouse, go ahead, you can live in that world if you wish.

Not my fault you are butthurt that KY made it to the title game (somehow) and lost (like they should have because they weren't very good). Basketball is all Kentucky has, I get it that you don't want anyone else to be good at it. But let's come back to reality here. You say I don't know my facts but I went to undergrad at UF and worked there with many of the athletes for a few years, up until 2011. I watched Florida beat y'all in person this year at the O'Dome. Kentucky has a dynasty in basketball, I'll give you that, but that doesn't mean that you can get beat by a team 3 times in one season and still come back and say y'all were a better team this year, especially when you lost to the same team that knocked us out of the tourney!

Are you senile? Or do you just not do any research before you start talking? :rolleyes:

UCONN came out of nowhere after a less then stellar year. We played top 10 teams the whole way thru the tournament. Who did Florida play that was even a top 25? Florida played: Albany, Pitt, UCLA, and Dayton. WOW! That is some competitive bracket!! No top teams.

Kentucky played: Kansas State, Wichita St, Louisville, and Michigan and then to the championship game. All top teams minus Kansas State. So how was our road easier?

A "weak ass KY team" ? Are you serious? That weak ass team beat the undisputed #1 team in the conference which was Wichita St. Funny you mention the two titles, the only ones you have behind another KY team, Louisville. KY also enjoys a 54 game edge on Florida in games won in the UF vs KY series. I believe the answer is clear. But with your reasoning KY wasn't very good yet we manage to bump off top teams game after game. And with mostly freshmen players.

If you want to bring up football then you have no argument there as I get to enjoy the Alabama program as that is where I attended college and currently where my sister is as well. I have the best of both worlds, great football and great basketball from two elite schools.

No one is saying FL is a bad school or even bad at athletics, we are just saying it is not a powerhouse team like they make themselves out to be. They haven't done anything notable in years.

Again, explain with facts how FL is a powerhouse team in any sport besides swimming…..

Are you senile? Or do you just not do any research before you start talking? :rolleyes:

UCONN came out of nowhere after a less then stellar year. We played top 10 teams the whole way thru the tournament. Who did Florida play that was even a top 25? Florida played: Albany, Pitt, UCLA, and Dayton. WOW! That is some competitive bracket!! No top teams.

Kentucky played: Kansas State, Wichita St, Louisville, and Michigan and then to the championship game. All top teams minus Kansas State. So how was our road easier?

A "weak ass KY team" ? Are you serious? That weak ass team beat the undisputed #1 team in the conference which was Wichita St. Funny you mention the two titles, the only ones you have behind another KY team, Louisville. KY also enjoys a 54 game edge on Florida in games won in the UF vs KY series. I believe the answer is clear. But with your reasoning KY wasn't very good yet we manage to bump off top teams game after game. And with mostly freshmen players.

If you want to bring up football then you have no argument there as I get to enjoy the Alabama program as that is where I attended college and currently where my sister is as well. I have the best of both worlds, great football and great basketball from two elite schools.

No one is saying FL is a bad school or even bad at athletics, we are just saying it is not a powerhouse team like they make themselves out to be. They haven't done anything notable in years.

Again, explain with facts how FL is a powerhouse team in any sport besides swimming…..

Bud if you're going to argue that a team that beat y'alls 'powerhouse' 3 times in one season, at home and in your house, isn't a powerhouse as well I can't help ya.

Maybe ESPN can

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/39935/hoops-football-powerhouses-in-the-sec

https://www.facebook.com/104266592953439/posts/721543321225760

Obviously I'm just the idiot getting trolled here and wasting my time finding links and stats.

Obviously I'm just the idiot getting trolled here and wasting my time finding links and stats.

Yes, we're wasting energy discussing hoops in August. UF and UK have had great teams in the past decade. Prior to that, UF was a nobody in basketball (I'm a Gator fan, believe me I know...)

The 2014 college football season is at hand. Talkin' season is open!

I think uga won the last swimming and diving national championship. But who gives a shit we are talking football. If South Carolina is in the first playoff I will kiss your ass. The Dawgs will win the NC this year.

Mike if the dogs go all the way and win it. Ill have to send you something. a ring set or scope mount or something....

But if you are that confident, I would put that 100 down on those Vega odds. I think if you do 100 down on the winner preseason, you would win a million. I may do it for AU. Wish I had done it for the SEC title last year. The odds sure were against us.

Thanks Ben I am just glad we don't have to go back to auburn this year. If you plan on coming to athens you are welcome to come tailgate with us. We have plenty of beer and food and you are welcome to it.

SEC West teams will beat each other up and the winner will lose to............drumroll..........the South Carolina Gamecocks in the championship game. After sparring with Saban at SEC media days, the Ol' Ball Coach has been reserved with his comments. He knows he has a good team.

So much for my bold prediction of SC having a good team this year....

Yes, and nobody thought the aggies would be as good as they are too. sumlinis a good coach and has a lot of athletes. They will deal anybody they play a tough time. Hill looks like a great qb.

Last edited: