• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UK, 2 years in jail for air rifle

Re: UK, 2 years in jail for air rifle

Hard to fathom.

Just a matter of time before we are dealing with it up. Exactly why every bloody member of this forum should be an NRA member. Might not like everything they do, but the only reason we arent in this boat right now is cause of the NRA and our dollars going there to help fight the anti's.

John
NRA Patron Member

That is just insane. I am not a legal expert but there is something to be said for enforcing the meaning of the law, not just the letter of the law.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mudcat-NC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a matter of time before we are dealing with it up. Exactly why every bloody member of this forum should be an NRA member.

this boat right now is cause of the NRA and our dollars going there to help fight the anti's.
</div></div>

LOL, you're sadly mistaken if you think the NRA is doing anything but selling you down the river which is why every member of this forum <span style="font-weight: bold">shouldn't</span> be a member.

The only thing the NRA stands up for is the NRA.

See: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2842946#Post2842946

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eventually things like this will be happening here in the United States. </div></div>

Air guns/Pellet/BB guns have been against the law here in NYC for quite some time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eventually things like this will be happening here in the United States. </div></div>

Air guns/Pellet/BB guns have been against the law here in NYC for quite some time.</div></div>

Sad. Punish the legal people who use them for a few bad apples.

Edit
Same reason cops should only be allowed to use what the citizens can use. If it hard for them then you might get some stuff back.

End edit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sad. Punish the legal people who use them for a few bad apples.
</div></div>

It has nothing to do with punishment, it's about control.

This can't happen in the US, who whould do the arresting and picking Up? Virtually all of our LEO's love the constitution, and would never follow those orders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This can't happen in the US, who whould do the arresting and picking Up? Virtually all of our LEO's love the constitution, and would never follow those orders. </div></div>

Bellamy_salute_1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This can't happen in the US, who whould do the arresting and picking Up? Virtually all of our LEO's love the constitution, and would never follow those orders. </div></div>

DonniePD for one... and where he's not available there are countless others willing to Jackboot a person's rights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This can't happen in the US, who whould do the arresting and picking Up? Virtually all of our LEO's love the constitution, and would never follow those orders. </div></div>

DonniePD for one... and where he's not available there are countless others willing to Jackboot a person's rights. </div></div>

Please watch this: Soldiers/officers are torn about their duty in this video. (they do it anyway.) I feel for them.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tta1qhQZWSE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tta1qhQZWSE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-taU9d26wT4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-taU9d26wT4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please watch this: Soldiers/officers are torn about their duty in this video. (they do it anyway.) I feel for them.
</div></div>

Yep, just like the one guy said about taking people's guns, "Marines obey orders", he's just a mindless pawn of which there are countless more in the ranks. I guess if he were ordered to shoot unarmed civilians he would do that too... The post-Katrina Jackbooting gun grab was a classic example of our tyrannical govmt hard at work. Good finds Shank! I'm glad I don't own any guns...

"Marines obey orders"

Great. Regardless of the validity of the order, the legality or morality that the order might - and did - TOTALLY lack. I didn't see him torn, I saw him thinking 'why would I ever disobey an order'.

But hey, we've had those here who defended the confiscation (theft) of guns and even said 'they are good guys'.

It's hilarious in the most bitter of ways that some feel the Oath to protect the US against enemies foreign and domestic feel that the only domestic threat lives in DC. Nope, it lives in the empty spaces of those who will blindly follow orders... always has done, always will. It's against that exact willingness to do wrong that the 2ndA was intended to defend. The irony is just huge.

I hope that numbskull is in the minority but the video showed plenty of NGs, Police and contractors willing to do the unthinkable.

I hope they have trouble sleeping, that way, I might at least feel something for them.

You are kidding yourself if you believe that for a single second. Far to many LEO's are just waiting for the opportunity to do it.

Nothing to see here sir move along....

This dilemma is as old as humanity and when its individual time to decide it will always (in general there are exceptions to that rule - mostly dead and labeled later either as martyrs, heroes or terrorists depends on the grand scale outcome...) go with the path of least resistance...

As to the soldiers most of them are so indoctrinated they not only will not question authority they will agree with it and feel its justified (just look at latest US military escapades and also domestic situation) and even cheer for it (nuking Iran for example). For British soldiers it goes even further as they are allowed to fight for their country but at home they have problems with freely owning guns i.e. you're ok to shoot at people we tell you to shoot but sorry dude you're too dangerous to be having tools of the trade at home for shooting at paper...

In the grand scheme of things the wheels turn regardless of knowing what makes them turn sometimes knowing the mechanics of it can save you from being ground up but most of the time it just makes you miserable due to individuals lack of influence on the big machine...(and of ignorance of others...)

Looks odd out of context but its perhaps a bit harsh to lock him up. On the other hand he knew what he was getting into, so tough shit.

Firearms licensing is treated pretty robustly over here. If you can present an argument that you have a use for one and you are not barking mad then you will get one.

There is no need to have a licence for an air weapon below a certain energy level but it is treated as a firearm (as opposed to shotgun) if it is above that level. BB guns etc do not require any kind of permit.

What this guy did, after his license was revoked, was to be in possession on of multiple air rifles that had been converted to a state that the law defines as being a firearm. They were also suppressed. Both need a license. Fuckwit knew that, he managed to comply with the rest of the law but just chose to ignore that bit, oh well never mind.

There have been lots of high profile cases over here of people getting shot with air guns, converted pistols and machine pistols. Not unreasonably anybody getting caught up in that in any way gets their balls in a wringer for a long time.

I would be surprised if other juristictions did not view this type of offence in a similar light.

Jeez what a thread /reed .read
NRA GOA IFO,which one?
The Brits,better not comment.