• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UK Shooter, Veteran.

Bond Villain

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2020
Scotland
Hi All,

Shooter from across the pond. Living in Scotland. Enjoy all shooting from clays to ELR and all between. Envious of your gun laws!!

I've been asked that do you miss the most from the military, that's easy, free ammunition!!

.22LR Lantac LA-SF Semi Auto (the only semi auto calibre we can have in the UK)
.223 Lantac Onyx Straight Pull (on order)
.308 Vixtrix F-Class Rifle
.308 Tikka TAC A1

Just sold a RPR in 338, looking to buy an Accuracy International AXMC in 338.

unnamed.jpg

Reactions: oldfart80
Welcome and if you speak Glaswegian you can pull double duty as translator when some of us have had to much to drink and type.🤣🤣
Nice rifles 👍

Welcome and if you speak Glaswegian you can pull double duty as translator when some of us have had to much to drink and type.🤣🤣
Nice rifles 👍
I'm English, but I can get my wife to help out, she's the Scot. She also only sounds Glaswegian when drunk, or angry!

• Haha
Reactions: XLR308
What's the typical prices of the AI's over the pond ?
Everything over here is normally a good bit more expensive. an AXMC in 338 will be £6200 or $7900, what do they cost over there? These might be not dissimilar with import costs. An RPR in 338 is £2500 here, or $3180 I'm sure that's a lot more then you guys pay.

I'm English, but I can get my wife to help out, she's the Scot. She also only sounds Glaswegian when drunk, or angry!

I worked a lengthy project years ago with a first engineer from Glasgow that I could mostly understand until we started drinking. About 7 pints into the evening I would just listen and say yes or shake my head yes and occassionaly get a strange look indicating yes was the wrong answer.

Reactions: Bond Villain
Everything over here is normally a good bit more expensive. an AXMC in 338 will be £6200 or $7900, what do they cost over there? These might be not dissimilar with import costs. An RPR in 338 is £2500 here, or $3180 I'm sure that's a lot more then you guys pay.

Figured it would be cheaper since your a stones throw away from England, AXMC on sale here is $6,750.00 and the AXSR is $8,975.00 US. Don't know what that converts to pounds because I don't have a scale,why do they weigh your money ?

Reactions: Bond Villain