• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultimate Accuracy AMAC 5100

Bowman34

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2014
Williamsport PA
Hi Guys
I have been wanting a 50BMG it seems like forever!!!! And i just picked one up last week!! it only took me 41 years to get it!!!
But now i do!!!

It is a Ulitmate Accuracy AMAC 5100 very nice shape i was told from the guy i got it from that he himself did not put morer than a few rounds thru it and the first owner he got it from was an older gentlemen who had it from new and did not put more than 150 rounds thru it. I got 302 once fired brass with it witch i can see on the bow it came in that is was odered and i got a 50 cal ammo box that has 609 pcs of a grey/silver tip 50 cal bullets. I paid $ 3,000.00 for all!!

So first did i get railed??? Second does any one know what the color means on the bullet and maybe what kind they are?
I have been reloading for years and i reload all my own bullets and shot gun shels to. I will be reloading for this 50 soon!

I am new as you might tell to the 50. So i see a few presses out there is there any i should stay away from? Also the scope that is on this is a Hammers scope witch is a cheap peice of trash!!! What kind of scope should i look at for this gun?? Does any one know if there is MOA built into the base and if so what??? The rifling looks to be brand new to me but i dont know what i am looking for either!!! Is there a way to see itf this gun has been shot out? Or is this not an issue with a BMG.

This was meant to be a starter gun for me to get my feet wet. Down the road i would love to get a Mc Millian but that is down the road....

I am soory i took up so much of your time and i THANK YOU SO MUCH for reading this and any info no matter how small it is will help me out so much!!!!! I am new at this and i have seen a lot of info on the Amac on this site and so far this is the only site i found with so much help!!!!

Thank you so much!!
Nate

I have never fired one personally but from what I hear they are very accurate in the right hands. Congrats

Here's what I recommend to get reloading for it:

1. Lee 50 bmg press kit Lee Classic Cast 50 BMG Single Stage Press Kit
2. Lyman 50 bmg multi tool LYMAN .50 BMG CASE PREP MULTI-TOOL | Brownells
3. Hornady One shot case lube (works great on bmg brass if you lube them up really well)
4. WFT 50bmg (big boy) case trimmer World's Finest Trimmer at Little Crow Gun Works

The silver tip bullets are known as API. They are 647gr and have a magnesium tip that ignite when they hit their steel, rock, etc, plus a steel core for penetration. They are outlawed on 99% of ranges due to fire hazard, so unless you know someone or have land yourself, or want to load some for the coming apocalypse, leave them alone. If you do load them, you will want to make sure they are sized before you load them. Buy and use the Lee .510 bullet sizer if you are unsure. Lubing them with motor oil makes them go through the sizer pretty easily, just a tip.

Scope wise, I'd look at the SWFA Super Sniper 10x, 12x, or 16x if you are on a budget. They are reasonable price wise and are rated for the 50 bmg.

The 50 bmg is tough to shoot out. I'd estimate 2000-5000 rounds as a minimum for barrel life. That's a LOT of rounds. I can usually only shoot it about 20 times before my head hurts.

For cheap reloading, pick up the pulled surplus ball bullets, WC860 or WC867, and CCI primers. 225-230gr of WC860 and the surplus bullet of your choice will be a great plinking round.

Hope that helps.

Ite82
That is Great info !!! Thanks
I seen that Lee & RCBS & Hornady have the starter kits and looking at the reveiws at Midway it looks like the Hornady is the better of them so that what i think i am going with? I personal am a RCBS and Dillion guy but Dillion want 1300.00 for their 50 press! not going to get it from me!! LOL

I see that CH4D makes a bullet sizer to for military bullets but it is sized .5095 does this matter??? Also can you steer me to a web site where you buy your surplus 50 cal supplies?

Ite82
That is Great info !!! Thanks
I seen that Lee & RCBS & Hornady have the starter kits and looking at the reveiws at Midway it looks like the Hornady is the better of them so that what i think i am going with? I personal am a RCBS and Dillion guy but Dillion want 1300.00 for their 50 press! not going to get it from me!! LOL

I see that CH4D makes a bullet sizer to for military bullets but it is sized .5095 does this matter??? Also can you steer me to a web site where you buy your surplus 50 cal supplies?

The Lee is a great kit for the money, I've never used any others though. I doubt you can go wrong with either of them.

.5095 vs .510 doesn't matter. CH4D is a great sizer, but again, the Lee is a lot cheaper and does just as good of a job.

Pats Reloading has 50 bmg supplies for decent prices.

Great i was not sure that the size differanc would matter or not. Yeah i have no problem with LEE i have a couple of there die sets and the work well for me. I just check out Pats website i will be placing an order here very shortly!! Thanks again!!!
The Lee is a great kit for the money, I've never used any others though. I doubt you can go wrong with either of them.

.5095 vs .510 doesn't matter. CH4D is a great sizer, but again, the Lee is a lot cheaper and does just as good of a job.

Pats Reloading has 50 bmg supplies for decent prices.

Yes the mounts have forward cant built in prob close to 40 MOA make sure the optics you choose has enough elevation

Measure the base front and rear Do the math. IIRC they were 3 degree cant

Check out the fifty caliber shooting association. Lots on info on avery aspect of owning a 50 cal

As far as reloading components for the 50, check out bartlett reloaders out of kentucky. Has military powder, brass, bullets at very reasonable prices.