• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultimate KRG Bravo upgrade

Looking at the pictures it appears that some have added the weighted shims to the rear of the stock. Would like to hear your thoughts on if this helped with some of the recoil when changing to the Bravo stock. I see that they offer a set of three at a fair price.

Looking at the pictures it appears that some have added the weighted shims to the rear of the stock. Would like to hear your thoughts on if this helped with some of the recoil when changing to the Bravo stock. I see that they offer a set of three at a fair price.
I added them to help with balance, mine are on a 22lr so not really concerned about weight. However I removed mine to install the adjustable butt plate and maintain the same LOP for my daughters.

Thanks for the heads up on these parts to move the cheek rest over, that's the one thing I miss on Bravo from my MDT LSS-XL. And looks like I'll be able to remove the bolt w/o taking cheek off, an added bonus. I just ordered the parts this afternoon.

If you don't want to drill out the plugs, wrap the posts w/ a little painters tape, take smooth mouth pliers and unscrew the post from the hidden bolt, you may need to draw pressure downward while unscrewing them, but once they come out 3/8" or so, you can push up on the post and the hidden bolt head will pop out the plugs for later use if you go back to original cheek piece.

My cheek piece has notches for a small flat head screwdriver to pop the plugs out, doesnt everone elses?

I use them on all my W3s. I have three trim levels I use, and I use weights and spacers differently depending on what I'm doing:

(1) Super-Light. This is for matches like the Mammoth Sniper Challenge, Vortex Team Sniper Challenge, or matches that require a LOT of timed rucking. For these matches, pounds = pain, and I trim out my rifle as much as possible. I use a fixed-back W3 with polymer furniture, and everything is as light as can be. There are no weights anywhere. I sacrifice both recoil control (total weight) and balance to get it this light. This configuration also includes a change from a Vortex Gen II Razor to a Vortex Razor AMG, and my 6.5 Creedmoor can get under 14lbs with a bipod and magazine.

(2) Medium trims. For some matches I just add enough weight to get the balance where I want it. This usually includes a bit of weight to get the balance point a few inches in front of the barricade stop. But I rarely use this configuration.

(3) For heavy matches, like PRS / NRL matches or anywhere I'm not worried about carrying the rifle around, I start by adding all the weight I can, and tune with the LOP spacers at the end. Weight includes the fore-end ballast block, polymer furniture filled with lead shot and 2-part epoxy, heavy bag rider, and more. Then I add just enough LOP spacers to get the balance point back where I want it.

So in answer to your question, YES, the LOP spacers are very handy to add some weight to the rifle, but because they are so far from the balance point, they are very powerful, and the change the balance point a lot. In other places on the rifle, more is better. For the LOP spacers, have several on hand, and use them to tune the balance.

-Scott

My cheek piece has notches for a small flat head screwdriver to pop the plugs out, doesnt everone elses?
Yes all 3 of mine did, however on the 1st one I went to remove with a small screwdriver like you mentioned it didn’t want to come out. So I just drilled it. The plugs are perfectly good to reuse with a small hole in the center, NBD IMO...

Thanks for posting this and doing the research. I just ordered the parts. I wonder if there is a source for the aluminum pins so you don't need to dis-assemble your old cheek rest.

Thanks for posting this and doing the research. I just ordered the parts. I wonder if there is a source for the aluminum pins so you don't need to dis-assemble your old cheek rest.
Contact KRG. They will supply what you need.

I think I did call KRG when I came up with this idea and they just told me to remove the ones out of the original cheek piece.

Reactions: BillOH
Parts came in and installed. Pretty easy. I think I like it so far. I'll need to find something new to measure where to set the new cheek piece. I had a piece of scrap plastic that was the right thickness to set and go for the old one.

Hey if anyone is interested in adding this to their BRAVO, I have a set of these parts available. LET ME KNOW.

I think I did call KRG when I came up with this idea and they just told me to remove the ones out of the original cheek piece.

I was on the KRG website and found a set of pins that I think will work. I ordered a set to try. I have the offset on my Vudoo. My wife is going to start to shoot and she shoots left handed so I'm going to set up 2 cheek risers to switch when she shoots.

Reactions: jbell