• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Ultra Low Scope rings?

Wigglesdabum

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
Well I am looking at trying to find some super low scope rings. Right now the lowest I can find are Burris Xtreme Tactical Rings. Anyone know of some good manufacturers of low rings, or is this something I am going to need to get custom made? Thanks for any info.

Re: Ultra Low Scope rings?

Any suggestions on a company that can possibly custom make me some that are super low? Most of the ones I am finding are for 30mm sadly.

Thanks for all yalls ideas, I really do appreciate it. I am finding out alot of new company I had no idea were around. I did found a mount that is alittle lower than the TPS actually. Have you heard much about these rings? Burris Zee Weaver?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/701259/burris-1-zee-weaver-style-rings-matte-low

Once again mixed reviews. I did see some good reviews from some Benchrest guys however.

I have had a couple pairs Burris signature zee, they are okay. I would only use them on a .22 or other non critical application. I am sure they would work but there are much better choices out there!

What are you trying to mount?

Burris xtr low rings on my sako and the 50mm scope is around 1/16 form the barrel . It does not have room for a scope cover

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandbogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had a couple pairs Burris signature zee, they are okay. I would only use them on a .22 or other non critical application. I am sure they would work but there are much better choices out there!

What are you trying to mount? </div></div>

I have an unusual rifle, a precision Mosin Nagant with a heavy barrel. The rail is abnormally high on the receiver, so I am trying to compensate for that with super low rings. I can literally sit the scope on the rail with no rings and still have about 1/8th of an inch between the bell and barrel.

So I decided to go with the Burris Zee Rings, I called the guys at Near and they told me they are the lowest on the market. Did I fuck up? If so its only a $30 mistake. Anyone have much experience with them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wigglesdabum</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandbogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had a couple pairs Burris signature zee, they are okay. I would only use them on a .22 or other non critical application. I am sure they would work but there are much better choices out there!

What are you trying to mount? </div></div>

I have an unusual rifle, a precision Mosin Nagant with a heavy barrel. The rail is abnormally high on the receiver, so I am trying to compensate for that with super low rings. I can literally sit the scope on the rail with no rings and still have about 1/8th of an inch between the bell and barrel. </div></div>

Sounds like you need a scope with a bigger bell.
wink.gif

I have the same issue, and can’t imagine we are the only ones. With these 34mm tubes these lower rings are much more likely to work. Must be a something from a manufacturing standpoint that they can’t get anything much under 9/10th of an inch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0051</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the same issue, and can’t imagine we are the only ones. With these 34mm tubes these lower rings are much more likely to work. Must be a something from a manufacturing standpoint that they can’t get anything much under 9/10th of an inch. </div></div>

I'm actually looking for low 34mm rings, as well. Best I can find is Murphy's with .87" rings and APA with .856" rings. I may wait for the APA's to come back in stock. Does anyone else know of any sub .900" 34mm rings?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0051</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Must be a something from a manufacturing standpoint that they can’t get anything much under 9/10th of an inch. </div></div>

There has to be something between the top of the rail and bottom of the scope tube; some "meat" for the clamp screws or crossbolt to pass through. That's what establishes a lower limit on ring height of around 0.150-0.200". Obviously, larger scope tubes simply make matters worse by raising the scope centerline accordingly.

Thanks - I orded a set of TPS rings yesterday and we will see how they work. If not I'll give Ken a call.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0051</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks - I orded a set of TPS rings yesterday and we will see how they work. If not I'll give Ken a call.</div></div>

Can I ask where you ordered from? I seem to be having a problem finding TPS and Seekins rings in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0051</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks - I orded a set of TPS rings yesterday and we will see how they work. If not I'll give Ken a call.</div></div>

Can I ask where you ordered from? I seem to be having a problem finding TPS and Seekins rings in stock.</div></div>

Midway USA. I had to settle for aluminum. Looks like I got the last set of TPS.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?sortby=1&a...mp;pageNumber=1

Drudging this back up. Does anyone have experience with the Super Sniper scope rings? I found some good rings for my old scope which was a 1inch scope, now that i am getting a new scope I need rings for a 30mm and SWFA's super sniper ones seem to be the lowest. Thanks for any info.

Farrel 30MM are the lowest I can find. I need a set of 34mm that are .800 to .850 cant find anything under .920 in stock.
I'm mounting an ATACR 4-16x 42 on a bolt action and nothing gives me the look/height I want.

Farrel 30MM are the lowest I can find. I need a set of 34mm that are .800 to .850 cant find anything under .920 in stock.
I'm mounting an ATACR 4-16x 42 on a bolt action and nothing gives me the look/height I want.
This thread is from 2013, may pay to start a new one.
Talley usually have extra low ring options.