• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultralight sling attachment...

RockFarmer

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2023
Southern New Hampshire
Sharing this sling attachment which is working well for me. Its a soft shackle I made myself from aramid fiber cord which has a 900F+ melting point and 1200lb breaking strength. The shackle opens up to release the sling loop, but is very secure when closed. I have it set up to reside on the rail and thread through the sling webbing loop. It is not as fast as a QD swivel, but has advantage in weight, flexibility, and sound reduction.

I am thinking about making more of these to test and improve upon. Does anyone else use anything similar or see utility for a sling mount like this?

Attachments

• 2A333956-99F2-4763-B421-4C326157A4FD.jpeg
    2A333956-99F2-4763-B421-4C326157A4FD.jpeg
    520.3 KB · Views: 377
This and that. You can use his included attachments or add the DI 1" QD swivels. About the lightest and effective set ups. But, excellent idea OP!

Sharing this sling attachment which is working well for me. Its a soft shackle I made myself from aramid fiber cord which has a 900F+ melting point and 1200lb breaking strength. The shackle opens up to release the sling loop, but is very secure when closed. I have it set up to reside on the rail and thread through the sling webbing loop. It is not as fast as a QD swivel, but has advantage in weight, flexibility, and sound reduction.

I am thinking about making more of these to test and improve upon. Does anyone else use anything similar or see utility for a sling mount like this?

ESD-Paracord-Guide_Front-3-4-float.jpg

ESD-Paracord-Guide_On-Rail_2560.jpg

ESD-1.5-Sling_Paracord-Guide_2560.jpg

Just to add to this esd are my favorite slings as well.

Last edited:
You might consider using a Blue Force Gear RED (rapid deployment device) to attach the sling. I have used it in a number of various
configurations. Pretty handy kit for riggers' belts etc as well. The Rogers QD polymer sling kit has a break-away rating of 160 lbs. if avoiding
entrapment by kit is important; I must have dozen of them on rifles.
DSCN2377 copy.JPG
IMG_0884BLUE FORCE GEAR RED RAPID EMERGENCY DEPLOYMENT DEVICE ON HIGH SPEED GEAR RIGGER BELT O...jpg
DSCN2388 copy.JPG
DSCN1458a copy.jpg