• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Unbiased absolute honest personal experiences with Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x42 VS Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 tracking/durability

DMTYAGER

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2017
NW Indiana
Been on a multi year quest of sorts to find and then buy the best rifle scope I can afford for longer range hunting and shooting, more shooting than hunting.
It will be primarily a all around hunting scope first and foremost and a fun longer range scope secondary while I spend the time needed to become a proficient longer range shooter. My goal right now it to be good enough to ethically take game to 700 yards. I reload all my rifle ammo and I already have several superbly accurate (for me at least) reloads for my Tikka T3
It will sit atop a Tikka T3 in 300wsm.
All of all my must haves for the scope which are:
>Budget absolutely under $1600
>Zero Stop
>Adjustable turrets for both elevation and windage
>Locking turrets preferred but not mandatory
>Simple reticle that has sub tensions that allow for elevation and wind holds similar to a MIL-DOT but with more sub tensions that allow for finer shot placement.
>SFP I gave a friends FFP scopes an honest try but just more than once but didn't like it for a hunting application. Actually REALLY didn't like it.
>2-3x minimum to 15x to 18x maximum power range.
>30mm tube
>reasonably light
>Reasonably sized
>Maximum 44mm front objective to help accomplish size and weight requirements
>NOT made in china

So far within my budget and my must haves The two scopes that best meets my requirements is a Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x42mm with the TMOA reticle. and Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 with the Zeiss ZMOA-2 reticle
The Leupold meets my requirements better than the Zeiss due to the fact its turrets lock and would be much harder to accidentally bump off zero.
But the Zeiss also meets most of my requirements and is about 45% cheaper.
I have only three concerns about the scopes
>Tracking and return to zero and durability as the scope will be sitting on a light weight 300WSM rifle.
I would like the input from those that have had enough first hand experience with either or both that they are completely confident in eithers scopes ability to track and return to zero to hunt with and are satisfied enough they would buy the scope again if they could do it over.

Great thanks for the help.
Art/DY

Last edited:
Reactions: Firegrunt03
I had a VX6 3-18 and have a VX5hd 3-15, both track, hold zero and return to zero just fine.

For a dedicated hunting rifle I'd buy another VX6.