• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Undecided need input

shifty06

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2017
Pike County IL
I have been wanting a Steiner T5Xi but more I look the more I'm undecided. Have been looking at a Razor gen 1 and instumbeled upon a gen 2 3-18 but I can only find it in the MOA. I know everyone has an opinion. Current setup is SWFA 3-15. Good scope just looking for something better. Price range 1600 but would go 18-19 maybe?

Thanks!
Shifty

There's some good deals on Razors out there right now. Both Gen I and Gen II. I had a Gen I and wish I still did. Great scope for the money. I had a Gen II 3-18 Razor and it was a great scope but my curiosity about the 4.5-27 caused me to sell it and buy its big brother. I've seen lots of $2000 range 4.5-27s LNIB for sale in the PX and you should be able to find a good used 3-18 for $1600 range. Good luck.

I seen a new one for 1800 but it was MOA I've been a mil/mil guy and would like to stay with that since it's what I know. I haven seen a 3-18 in MIL am I not looking hard enough? Or do they just make MOA? I like the Mile high deal right now scope with the spuhr mount. 1699

I have a one year old T5Xi 5-25x56, Got upgrades, complements of Steiner. This was my first 2x25. IMO the clarity is better than my NXS and on par with my Swaro Z6. The only what I consider a downside of this optic is it's SIZE. I understand most optics in this magnification range are pretty hefty. Another thing I learned the hard way was, hunting in timber and heavy vegetation (swamp) this thing is overkill. But at the range she is very nice. If I had to do it all over again I would have went with the next model down 3x15. I am learning more and more as I sort through all the data and read other members reviews.

I decided to go with a Razor gen 2 27x last Friday, buddy set me up with a great deal on new glass so I decided to spend the extra money a go with that. Plus if I don't like it he said he would trade me optics or buy it off me. Also said the likely hood of me wanting to trade would be very unlikely.

I decided to go with a Razor gen 2 27x last Friday, buddy set me up with a great deal on new glass so I decided to spend the extra money a go with that. Plus if I don't like it he said he would trade me optics or buy it off me. Also said the likely hood of me wanting to trade would be very unlikely.

You should be very happy with it. I really love mine. Has pretty much every feature you could ask for. Plus you have a great warranty and comfort knowing they'll take care of you with anything you need.

Covert is as Covert does.

Plenty of good feedback on the scout site.

yeah I almost jumped on a couple of used ones but the price difference has been $125 or less from what I got mine new for and what they have been bringing used. figured I was this far in whats $125. my original range of 1600 just was kinda in a dead spot after looking around at the offers of scope companies. it was either go back to the current 1000 quality optics I was at and leave myself still wanting or just go a little more and get something id truly be happy with.