• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Unertl USMC sniper USO mst100

The first "last run" was a couple runs ago, the last one in 2011 was stated to be the VERY last one, but who knows... I wouldn't wait for a new run if you're looking, there have been zero public rumors of another one happening that I've heard of.

Im also looking/hoping.

It wouldnt hurt if you respectfully/politely inquire with USO. Id imagine there has to be some number of production that would be worth their time to run what is supposed to be a very difficult scope to manufacture. If they get the idea the market is there they may do another "last run".

Last night I mounted an El Paso, TX made Weaver K10 60C on a PWS built M40A1. Im in a mood to jump on the first MST100 I see for sale and I dont want to put my scarce money into a temporary scope. Right now this is the only rifle I own that cost more than its scope. For this rifle, despite there being better technology, the only thing that will work is a Unertl/MST100.

Ive been waiting on a USO SR8M now for almost 18 months. I'd be willing to pay a significant portion up front and patiently give USO time to build a profitable number of MST100's in exchange for losing my anxiety over hunting the web and being "forced" to make a buy when the finances may not be right.

Last edited:
"Correctness" aside, and really an MST100 is not correct, I wonder if these things could be made in aluminum at exact dimensions of the Unertl to eliminate some of the production problems and provide a good repro to A1/A3 builders.

Too much sacriledge?

"Correctness" aside, and really an MST100 is not correct, I wonder if these things could be made in aluminum at exact dimensions of the Unertl to eliminate some of the production problems and provide a good repro to A1/A3 builders.

Too much sacriledge?
Short answer, yes.

Short answer, yes.

You are right. That steel bat could be a backup weapon.

Did any USO badged MST100s make it into the Fleet or was the USO contribution limited to parts/repair?

You are right. That steel bat could be a backup weapon.

Did any USO badged MST100s make it into the Fleet or was the USO contribution limited to parts/repair?
I left the STA Platoon in '01 when I picked up SSgt, so I can't say from first hand experience. [MENTION=7]Lowlight[/MENTION] mentioned in threads before, if I am remembering correctly, that there were USO labeled scopes in service though making it "correct" for a replica build.

I believe they were more on the A3s than any A1s, if any. They were kind of late to see any significant use on A1s, but I wouldn't hesitate in the least to use one on an A1 build. It's as "correct" as you can get without having to find a T-series Unertl or paying twice as much for a worn out USMC Unertl from the CMP.

Last edited:
Keep an eye on CMP auctions, they have had a steady stream of Unertls for sale lately, there is one for sale on there right now. Be prepared for 5-6K if you want the real McCoy ;) There have been USOs on Flea Bay every so often going for around 3-4K also.

However, TWOMANATTACK is doing another run of the Unertl style mounts, so there may be another "last run" in the works. I have my Unertl in at USO getting serviced right now, I'll see if I cam cajole any info from them.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the interest in our MST-100 however I am sorry to inform you that we do not currently have any plans to produce another run in the future.

Becky@USO
[email protected]

Keep an eye on CMP auctions, they have had a steady stream of Unertls for sale lately, there is one for sale on there right now. Be prepared for 5-6K if you want the real McCoy ;) There have been USOs on Flea Bay every so often going for around 3-4K also.

However, TWOMANATTACK is doing another run of the Unertl style mounts, so there may be another "last run" in the works. I have my Unertl in at USO getting serviced right now, I'll see if I cam cajole any info from them.

Wish I had of bought the USO you were selling last fall. When I saw it my gut said "I should buy that".

I inquired about this with USO and they stated that there is a list of interested people they are keeping in case they do another run. I am now on that list :). Send them an email or call and they will put you on it.

I inquired about this with USO and they stated that there is a list of interested people they are keeping in case they do another run. I am now on that list :). Send them an email or call and they will put you on it.

Just put myself on "the list".

On eBay 4/17/14 mst 100 ser #3118 sold for $3752, on 4/28/14 mst 100 ser #3134 for $ 3350 Plus 60 shipping, on 5/6/14 an unertl ser #1847sold for 4750 went cheap (could of been non cmp version). Seems like eBay the place to be if one is looking.

There seems to be a lot of changes at us optics and it might be a fact that 2011 was the last run. We'll maybe there will be another. Those mst 100 are built like a tank, I'm sure the beat up looking unertls at cmp functions fine.

Last edited:
On eBay 4/17/14 mst 100 ser #3118 sold for $3752, on 4/28/14 mst 100 ser #3134 for $ 3350 Plus 60 shipping, on 5/6/14 an unertl ser #1847sold for 4750 went cheap (could of been non cmp version). Seems like eBay the place to be if one is looking.

There seems to be a lot of changes at us optics and it might be a fact that 2011 was the last run. We'll maybe there will be another. Those mst 100 are built like a tank, I'm sure the beat up looking unertls at cmp functions fine.

I admit Im not a big Ebayer but only thng I saw on there was the one in Australia. Id have more faith buying off a Hider but Ive been checking the other sales sites. Guess Ill have to search deeper in there.

Last edited:

I picked up my Unertl T series, #1083, on Ebay last September for $2800 with base. The guy was originally asking $3200, but no takers. Couldn't be happier.

I picked up my Unertl T series, #1083, on Ebay last September for $2800 with base. The guy was originally asking $3200, but no takers. Couldn't be happier.

SHHHHHH! Ixnay on mentioning Ebay until after I check sales and get my Unertlay!

I would be VERY surprised if US Optics did another run of scopes. I would be SUPER suprised if it is indeed US Optics that makes the scopes.

........ I would be SUPER suprised if it is indeed US Optics that makes the scopes.

I'd say that's a challenge USO.

Let's see another last run of scopes to show your capabilities. Where can I send my check to reserve one of these challenge scopes?

The one scope/rifle I'll never sell.....TBA M40a1 (with some GAP fine tunings) with USO MST100. Loved that set up since I first used it in 1987.

I have called three times over the last year about them doing another run. Have my name on the list. I would buy 2 in a heartbeat if they did another run. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Based on the following " " email I read, sounds like they wont be doing another run. I know they have said before that they wont but, this time I believe them. Maybe I am wrong, but If I were asked, I'd say US Optics is not going to be building the next run of MST scopes. Just sayin...

"Date Febuary 2014

We are no longer making the MST-100 and do not have any future plans at this time.

Customer Service/Sales
U.S. Optics, Inc.
150 Arovista Circle
Brea, CA 92821
www.usoptics.com"

All USO's are built in Brea CA.

I seem to recall Mike over at CS Tactical having one of USO's Mst100's, that he was interested in selling. Can't remember how long ago that was tho. Might want to check with him.

That might have been the one I traded in to him about 10 years ago or so that was supposed to be the last one USO made, then they made 2-3 more runs. I believe Mike held onto it.

I'd be up for one, if they did another run...

Someone should make a post specifically for people to log on and make a firm declaration they are "in" for a MST100 buy.

Thing is these can't be easy to make (steel) and it would have to be of a quantity to provide for efficiency in production. It would seem fair that buyers would have to commit with a substantial up front payment and be willing to be patient for the time required to build. I think the last two runs took over a year to complete...but hey what's a wait in these times - I've been looking for W231 for a year plus.

These are a niche scope. It's old tech, hard to build and only appeals to those building two specific rifle types. Much better options for same/less money but nothing can replace them for the intended build. I'd imagine sooner or later someone like Leatherwood will clone the MST 100 as they did the Unertl 8X but the thought of putting a cheap ChiCom build on a super accurate rifle sickens me.

I'd do what I'm suggesting but I'm a follower not a leader.

Yeah, I'd agree with pmclaine, I'd not be interested in a dinky copie. From a manufacturing point of view I'm guessing it's not just a question of numbers and profitability as I've no doubt that there probably would be
enough takers to justify it but it most likely means shelving production of other units that maybe in fact be more profitable. It's probably not just about how much you're making on the MST but what you might be losing when your not
making other easier to produce scopes....that may have a wider market.

Anyway.... if it was $500.00 (and I can have one in UK) to get on the list, then they can have my money ...

Truth . . . I will say this only because I have produced several REPLICA turret housings for UNERTL and MST-100 scopes. I used them for my own projects and marked them as necessary. From a manufacturing perspective, they are not that expensive to manufacture AFTER the engineering is paid for. The cheapest way to manufacture this scope is abroad. Send the part or sometimes all of the manufacturing abroad and have it assembled here. MANY companies do this and hide under the MADE IN USA label. Machine time generally becomes and issue because other, more profitiable projects are stalled. In the case of aluminum body scopes they are cut faster than steel. The fact that the scope is steel is part of that, but a good machine shop with the correct tools can cut steel efficiently. Glass is another issue and who supplies it. Really the scopes are not all that expensive to produce once you have everything ready. However the costs incurred to get to that point are high.

Last edited:
If only someone could pull some strings to make another run happen.

I'm now wondering if TMA is doing the run himself, or knows something in the works...

Last edited:
The Original MST-100 was sold to the USMC for $700... the increase in cost was due to Rocky Green buying the Unertl Name and then sticking some left over parts together to try and milk the value and jump start the company. It's since been shut down... USO had the contract to refurbish prior to the switch over from the Unertl to the S&B, as the Unertl company was just one guy assembling left over parts with no shop to speak of.

The Original MST-100 was sold to the USMC for $700... the increase in cost was due to Rocky Green buying the Unertl Name and then sticking some left over parts together to try and milk the value and jump start the company. It's since been shut down... USO had the contract to refurbish prior to the switch over from the Unertl to the S&B, as the Unertl company was just one guy assembling left over parts with no shop to speak of.
Unertl and USO have the engineering. Col. Green ran Unertls good name i to the ground. The scopes can still be made for less than 1000 if the engineering g is already done. For me to reverse engineer the entire scope and make them it would cost me a fortune. I did make some turrets. They are perfect and i have replaced some of my uso scope turrets with my own USMC SNIPER marked turrets. But that was only the turret. Which is by far the most difficult peice to make on the scope.

Good to see this is happening. For the people who need M40A1 mounts contact me, I can help with those. Have to give a hand salute to LAZY21 on this endeavor. This is a first class effort on his behalf.

Last edited:
Good to see this is happening. For the folks that are going to need an M40A1 bases contact me.

Building these scopes is better than $700 billion in stimulus spending.

I imagine McMillan HTG's/A3's are getting ordered, Schneider, Hart, et al will be making barrels, Win 70 bottom metal will be all bought up soon, DD Ross aught to be blowing Lazy for the additional bottom metal orders on the A3's soon to be going into production, China will be going into overdrive faking MRT slings.

Guns - The way to get Americans back to work!

mst -100 for sale

I should read the rules before I get banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
To all interested, I have a brand-new, in-box, never mounted US Optics MST-100 Marine Corps Sniper Scope for sale. I will post it on the Optics for Sale page today.

fairshot77

Not disrupt Fairshot's sale but......

US OPTICS IS DOING ANOTHER RUN OF MST100'S

This will be a limited run of 100 scopes, 40 of which have been spoken for already.

[email protected]