• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unimount vs Rings for scope swapping

smellnsweets

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
Houston
Pardon my newbie ignorance regarding the unimount. I was wondering if there was any benefit to the unimount vs just using rings on my Nightforce NXS F1 in the application of swapping the scope back and forth between two Rem 700 tactical builds, each with a picatinny rail attachment. The guy at Badger ordnance gave me a brief e-mail reply that there was no benefit to the unimount, just use the rings. Who with experience of 2 guns and one scope can advise me on this. Thank you in advance.

I've tried it with rings and a Larue LT111 unified mount. They both work fine - I need to rezero after remounting as both return close to zero but not right back on. The Larue is easier to swap since it has the QD levers.

Of course he will tell you that, he is trying to sell his rings. in my opinion you can't go wrong with the Unimount, especially if you're swapping it between two different guns. Plus I've never had scope marks after I take a scope out of a unimount. Their (nf) work is top notch

MC, I was inquiring which unimount to use from the guy at Badger, as they sell both rings and unimounts. I don't think he was trying to mislead me, because he stands to make money either way.

If the combined angle and assembly height work out with one of the Unimounts, they are really very nice. In all other respects.