• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unknow optic

RazvanEcho

Private
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2023
Romania
Hello everyone, i was seeing today a turret with this write, 1 click= 1 min, it's my first time when I see this, what does that mean properly? 1 click it's 0.1 mil at 100 meters? If someone can explain me I will be very thankful!

It's not to late to turn back. If you stay on the path you're on then within a year you'll be looking for the best clarity in a mil/mil ffp.

It's a money pit. Choose wisely.

Reactions: Cutout
1 what sir?
You turn the turret one click (in the direction of the arrow) every minute you are at the range. When you reach the hardstop at the end, you unwind the turret all the way 'til it stops (going the other way). Then you start over (assuming you haven't run out of ammo!). This keeps the mechanism inside of the scope properly wound.

Guys, your jokes are funny, but I'd give him the benefit of doubt. He's new to the site and from Romania. Which if you're in Europe you have probably never seen a scope with minute of angle adjustments.

Minute of angle is just another angular measurement. A minute of angle, in short form, is 1/60th of 1 degree of angle. In simple form, which isn't exact but probably close enough, 1/10 mil (.1 mil), which is scope adjustment you probably have seen, is equal to about 1/3 of a minute of angle, or 1 minute of angle is about .3 mil.

And diverdon is right, even here in the US, precision rifle shooters are mostly shooting scopes with mil scope adjustments and mil reticles.