• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unknown Chassis System

ZimmermanGuns

Private
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2020
Du Bois, PA
Looking for any info on this rifle. Picked this up at an auction for the scope mainly. All I know is that it's a .300 ultra built on a 700 receiver, no barrel manufacturer markings I can see. I've also never seen this type of chassis before with a 1911 style grip, have any of you?

IMG_2123.jpeg

IMG_2124.jpeg

The guy in camo in the video is Bruce Naude, from my home town. I believe he has since passed away. He was one of our areas' "innovators" in what was kind of the predecessor of PRS ( think mid to late 1980's ). The .300 WinMag rifle setup was due to the ( at the time ) rules that you could only use what was actually on the rifle to calculate the correct bullet drop / drift on each stage. So, Bruce used everything but the kitchen sink. Plus, the big carrying handle to run with the rifle from stage to stage. He was quite good.
He was also the innovator of small, adhesive yardage stickers ( called "Target Tagz" ) that you could place on the target turrets of your scope over the appropriate hash marks to allow you to rapidly click to the correct yardage.
Kinda old school stuff but still kinda neat.