• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA) - Looking for Regional Directors for the US

URSA Facilitator

Private
Minuteman
At this point we have only two RDs in the US (one for what, up to now, has been identified as "East" and one for "South Central"). We need a lot more troops to move this concept forward. Shooting season is at hand in many areas, so the time is now to get things going on the ground.

The US has been configured into 15 regions (see below). Even with so many, drive distances/times for some folks will still be rather daunting. That aside for the moment, finding volunteers is the first order of the day.

Notwithstanding that we have a defined "description" for an RD on "The Details" page, in reality, at this point, we need primarily leader/doers who (in cooperation with others recruited within each regions) - find venues, arrange access, get the word out locally, and conduct the activities/events. As a non-commercial, pay-as-you-go group, no one is paid, so everyone involved is an "unpaid volunteer".

So we need volunteers. Please either PM me or e-mail me at [email protected].

NOTE: While it might seem OK to "volunteer" others, please do not. Puts them and us in a bind if things don't work out (no time, not interested, etc.).

Thanks for your consideration.

Regions and associated states (generally west-to-east and then south-to-north)

Alaska

Hawaii

Southwest - CA and NV

Northwest - OR and WA

4 Corners - AZ, NM, CO, and UT

North-Mountain - ID, WY, and MT

South-Central - TX, OK, AR, and LA (already staffed)

Central Mid-West - KS, NE, IA, and MO

Northern Mid-West - SD, ND, MN, and WI

Central - IL, IN, KY, and TN

North-Central - MI and OH

South-East - MS, AL, GA, SC, and FL

East-Central - NC, VA, WV, MD, and DE (already staffed)

North-East - NJ, PA, and NY

New England - CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, and ME

Looks good to me. I am located in Southwestern VA, if anyone is interested in this, please feel free to contact me.

Can a shooter from another "region" still qualify in a different "region"?

Thanks,
Excaliber

excaliber:

Earning points ("qualifying") can be done anywhere in the world where there is "sanctioned" URSA activity/event or a URSA segment of another activity/event where hits on target are confirmed, recorded locally, and communicated to the URSA webmaster for formal URSA recognition.