• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upcoming ELRSO 1 Mile Match

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Hi,

Anyone participating in this upcoming ELRSO 1 Mile match?

1613064814994.png

Sincerely,
    Theis

Reactions: camocorvette
    I’ll be right there with you. Shooting factory ammo. So it should be interesting.
    Aren’t you shooting a 300 NM? Don’t those have little target finding homing devices in them? Should be fine. Are you doing the Brawl tomorrow?

Aren’t you shooting a 300 NM? Don’t those have little target finding homing devices in them? Should be fine. Are you doing the Brawl tomorrow?

I’ll be running the <name redacted> stage. 😎

Had a bunch of RO (and shooters) have to cancel with the weather. So no pew pew for me.

Reactions: phlegethon
    Had to edit. I don’t think anyone knows any of the CoF yet. Lol

I’ve also never shot an elrso match. So looking forward to something totally different.

Unfortunately too far to travel at this time but plan to shoot the Mimbres match which is only about a three hour drive from where I live. A couple of months ago received an email from ELRSO regarding new Light Class restrictions for 2021 in particular the bolt face diameter maximum. Looked the website and those restrictions aren't listed. What restrictions are in effect?

A couple of months ago received an email from ELRSO regarding new Light Class restrictions for 2021 in particular the bolt face diameter maximum. Looked the website and those restrictions aren't listed. What restrictions are in effect?

Hi,

I have no idea on that one, lolol.....I am just showing up to assist @Dthomas3523. Which pretty much just has me there to hold the umbrella to keep the sun off of him, hahaha

Sincerely,
    Theis

Reactions: ZiaHunter
    Unfortunately too far to travel at this time but plan to shoot the Mimbres match which is only about a three hour drive from where I live. A couple of months ago received an email from ELRSO regarding new Light Class restrictions for 2021 in particular the bolt face diameter maximum. Looked the website and those restrictions aren't listed. What restrictions are in effect?

5157C974-1BF7-4B00-A051-2D8253392F24.jpeg

Hi,

I fly into San Antonio the 26th and will be driving down to 7 Foxtrot early morning of 27th if anyone is going to be in the area and wants to pile everything into 1 vehicle.

Sincerely,
    Theis
    I may be up for that. Sent you a PM.

Thanks for the reply and confirms what is in the email. Effectively eliminates the 338LM from the Light class and basically makes it non-competitive in the Heavy Class. Shot Mimbres in the past with my 338LM and guess will need to dial-in my 300 WM for light class. Have a 375 for the heavy class.
    They haven’t updated their rules yet. I’ve been informed that light class is 26lb, 338 and under and .585 boltface

• Angry
    Reactions: b2lee
    Hi,

I have no idea on that one, lolol.....I am just showing up to assist @Dthomas3523. Which pretty much just has me there to hold the umbrella to keep the sun off of him, hahaha

Sincerely,
    Theis
    DT’s umbrella boy?
    I’ll stop there 😬

Looking forward to pictures of the match.

Hey @THEIS , I don't want to hijack this thread but wanted to let you know that I had a question for you when you have time. Thanks

Hey @THEIS , I don't want to hijack this thread but wanted to let you know that I had a question for you when you have time. Thanks

Hi,

It would probably be a little weird for me to call you on your cell number that you never gave me, lolol; so just send me a PM with question.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

OT but just a little, lol....

HOLY SHIT the Riverwalk area of San Antonio is like a ghost town.....geezus there is nothing open. Kind of looks like few scenes from "I am legend".

Sincerely,
    Theis
    I was in Manhattan during the thick of the rona, that’s exactly what it felt like

It seems like there is some kind of conspiracy to make .338LM rifles unable to be used in matches by essentially saying the similar .300 Norma is fine but if you want to shoot the .338LM you have to compete against folks shooting huge 375 and 416 rifles and such.

Just like some stupid ranges won't let you now shoot .338LM but please go right ahead with .300 Norma as well.

It almost makes one angry enough to want to find "somebody" building a super high pressure rifle system that might use bimetalic cartridges and load a .30 diameter super heavy bullet up to some insane speed and see how much carnage you could do to their steel for the day just to get even.......

I've heard that too, yet I distinctly recall sending 36 once fired Lapua 300 Norma cases to a Hide brother just last month.

Musta been a figment of my imagination. Same with the empty Berger boxes.

No stupid questions, just Stupid people who ask them...so here I go:

Wasn't this match held yesterday? My GoogleFu did not yield any match results.

Would one of you guys help the Stupid guy, Please.

No stupid questions, just Stupid people who ask them...so here I go:

Wasn't this match held yesterday? My GoogleFu did not yield any match results.

Would one of you guys help the Stupid guy, Please.

Hi,

Yes it was held yesterday.
    Do not even get me started on the "Organization"...in which is where you should/would be finding the results.
    This match was not even advertised on their own instagram page, nor did anyone from the organization advertise it here on SH, lol.
    Better yet....Not a SINGLE person from the Organization introduced themselves to me and give me the organization rundown, lolol

Sincerely,
    Theis

Well, that may explain a little.

I went to the ELRSO.com website prior to posting my question. And attempted Google and Bing.

Anyone care to share?

Number of competitors, number of heavy/light

Calibers used, contacts made/distance

I thought this information would be interesting. But maybe I am the only person 🤷‍♂️

Well, that may explain a little.

I went to the ELRSO.com website prior to posting my question. And attempted Google and Bing.

Anyone care to share?

Number of competitors, number of heavy/light

Calibers used, contacts made/distance

I thought this information would be interesting. But maybe I am the only person 🤷‍♂️
    I believe there were 16 shooters. All light due to size of range. I don’t know the cartridge breakdown but the winner shot a 28 Nosler with 190 grain A-tips, and there were a lot of 338 LMs and some 30 cals of various flavors.

the maximum points would have been 53, I believe. The winner had 24 points. I know out of 55 shots at the mile during the final round, there were only three hits, I don’t know if any of those were by the winner. I don’t believe so.

Generally conditions were tough. The ground was damp and it was often impossible to see splash either through the rifle scope or a spotting scope, making it impossible to correct.

@phlegethon thank you for the reply.

338LM would be in heavy class correct? As the rules limit light class to .30 cal no?
    I thought that change took effect for the 2021 season. I could be wrong but I thought I overheard that people were shooting 338s—the match rules are not showing up any more on practiscore so I cannot verify this.

edit: the ELRSO page does say this match counted as 2021, so I’m sure you’re right and what I overheard was likely people talking about other guns not used in this match. My apologies. I didn’t see the sheet with that info. So all I can say for sure about caliber is the winner’s 7mm, my 300 PRC, and of course the Hoplite Arms 300 Norma.

Reactions: jetmd