• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Update - Range Time -Vortex Razor- GAP M40A3

JSTARSZ

Lefty's Rule
Minuteman
  • Feb 6, 2008
    Wolftown
    I just went and picked up the Vortex Razor today. If the packaging of the scope has anything to do with it; then it must be an awesome scope. It comes in a very well put together package with a leveler, ARD, and booklets that provide actual decent information. I got the EBR-1 MOA/MOA reticle which I was not too sure of at first but after looking at it, and talking to Sam@vortex this week, I think it will fit the bill. Sam gave me some valuable information on the scope before I purchased it. It is nice when the owner of the company spends the time to discuss his product with you.

I spent the better part of the week building an Excel Spreadsheet so I can have a reference from 9 inches up to 72 inches with the equation: Inches x 95.5/MOA. I have the spread sheet if any one is interested in it.

I plan to make it to the range this weekend if it doesn’t rain the whole weekend so I can give an update on the scope and GAP M40A3 which is an awesome rifle I might add. I am taking it to an UKD Class the first week of June so I will really get to ring it out.

Here are some pics because I know you want some:
    100_1180.jpg

100_1179.jpg

Re: Vortex Razor and the GAP M40A3

Looks good!

I find the zero stop a pita....but like the scope.

after the range that will be first adventure with the new scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good!

I find the zero stop a pita....but like the scope. </div></div>

I think the NF zero stop is alot more of a pain. I thought the RZR was silly easy to set. Just me tho

I will let everyone know in a couple of days after I zero it
    grin.gif
    If I can do it then it must be easy.

It is easy, just takes 9 screws to do it all the way.

Great looking set up!

I'm looking forward to pics/thoughts after you get a chance to shoot it.Keep us posted!

damn thats a sweet lookin set up wish i had one even half way close to that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arnie87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">damn thats a sweet lookin set up wish i had one even half way close to that </div></div>
    it only took selling two rifles and a tour in Afghanistan to save up the money to get it to where I want it to be
    wink.gif

Is it just me or is that scope sitting back a little?
    Nice rig.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it just me or is that scope sitting back a little?
    Nice rig.</div></div>

not sure what you mean...but it works for my eye relief if that is what you mean.

I came back from the range today. I took 20 Hornady 178 GR AMAX rounds with me;
    Winchester 748 - 44.7 - Chrony 2660 FPS
    178 AMAX - 2.865 COAL - .20 off the lands.
    The target is an one inch paster at a 100 yards - put three in a good hole and dumped one low for the other one - oh well, such is my shooting
    DSCN0133.jpg

The scope - the Razor is very crisp and the turrets are big enough for an old guy like me to see the numbers
    grin.gif

The zero stop - really easy - before you start to zero make sure the zero stop is set - loosen the three little screws on the cap and remove the cap. Once the cap is off check the inside cap to make sure the zero stop is engaged (very important). Then loosen the three screws on that cap and it takes the zero stop off. When you zero you will not feel clicks (unusual I know). When you get it zeroed tighten the three screws on the cap and that will engage the zero stop and clicks again. Then put the overall cover on the scope placing the zero on the line and tighten the three screws on that cap...it is that easy.

I am very impressed with the Vortex Razor. It lives up to everything that I have seen and heard about them.

DSCN0132.jpg

Thats a nice rifle you got there bro, enjoy it!

Re: Update - Range Time -Vortex Razor- GAP M40A3

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once the cap is off check the inside cap to make sure the zero stop is engaged (very important). Then loosen the three screws on that cap and it takes the zero stop off. When you zero you will not feel clicks (unusual I know). When you get it zeroed tighten the three screws on the cap and that will engage the zero stop and clicks again. Then put the overall cover on the scope placing the zero on the line and tighten the three screws on that cap...it is that easy.</div></div>
    One caveat though. Prior to loosening the lock-screws that hold zero-stop - make sure to rotate this turret <span style="text-decoration: underline">all the way down</span> to the previously configured stop. Or you may become unhappy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once the cap is off check the inside cap to make sure the zero stop is engaged (very important). Then loosen the three screws on that cap and it takes the zero stop off. When you zero you will not feel clicks (unusual I know). When you get it zeroed tighten the three screws on the cap and that will engage the zero stop and clicks again. Then put the overall cover on the scope placing the zero on the line and tighten the three screws on that cap...it is that easy.</div></div>
    One caveat though. Prior to loosening the lock-screws that hold zero-stop - make sure to rotate this turret <span style="text-decoration: underline">all the way down</span> to the previously configured stop. Or you may become unhappy.</div></div>

I should have spelled that out better but that was the <span style="color: #CC0000">very important </span>statement that I wrote. How do I know because I missed that step the first time and had to do it all over again. My fault for not reading the instructions properly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do I know? because I missed that step the first time and had to do it all over again. My fault for not reading the instructions properly.</div></div>
    How do I know that you're not the only one?
    smile.gif