• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Updated Range Report 10/22 w/KIDD bbl etc.

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
I've been reading about putting together a 10/22 build since I'm a lefty and got rid of my right hand bolt Savage MKII BV. I ended up buying a KIDD fluted match heavy barrel, KIDD complete CNC bolt, KIDD cocking assembly and bolt buffer as well as KIDD single stage trigger which is extremely nicee.

Also I got tactical solutions Vblock and Bell and Carlson tactical/Varmint stock.

Optics are EGW 20 MOA base with Super Sniper 16X with cheap weaver rings which are in the process of being replaced.

I put it all together yesterday and bought a few Wolf Match Target rounds to try out and it seems like it's gonna be a shooter.

Conditions were crappy to say the least with the wind around 8-10mph at times, often higher than that but I couldn't wait to try her out. Groups were shot off bench with bipod and rear bag.

Here are two pics:

100_9062.jpg

100_9063.jpg

Today I went back hoping for less wind, but it was just as bad. I tried some fed 510 which shot ok but nothing great then figured I'd clean the barrel and fire some Wolf Match Target at 50 then try 100. It tightened up nice after a few groups.

The 100 yard, I shot the top 5 then shot 5 at the bottom and they all seemed to be hitting close together so I loaded 5 up and fired more. I did 4 strings of 5 just firing fast and got a decent group minus the 3 fliers. The fliers seemed to be the first round fired for the 5 round strings. I was shooting off a bench with rear bag and bipod so it was probably me
smile.gif
I'm quite pleased with this so far.

100_9066.jpg

Alan

Re: Got to put some rounds out of the 10/22 w/KIDD

I think that you found a keeper!

.27 at 50 and .53 at 100 are some pretty impressive groups.

Very nice set up there Alan. I am thinking about doing a couple upgrades to my old 10/22. Could I get an rough estimate on how much a set up like that would cost me w/o the scope?

Thanks,
Josh

I ordered most of the stuff off of Kidd site. It's not cheap, but I'm pleased with the results so far. Here's a link to his site.

KIDD

Alan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alan98</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... It's not cheap, but I'm pleased with the results so far... </div></div>

Nothing worth it ever is.

I was at the range this morning and another guy gave me some SK Pistol Match to try. Shot the best group ever at 50 yards with it and stretched it out to 160 yards. Groups slightly under an inch at 100 yards with it.

The rifle consistently will hold 1" or slightly under for 5 rounds at 100 so I'm pleased. I think I'll be trying some more of SK pistol Match if it's close in price to Wolf Match Target.

I have noticed though that it shoots better with a firmer hold..seems everytime I lighted it up, I get one of those fliers. Didn't really have any today, so I'm learning
smile.gif

Alan

Very nice setup. I was contemplating a Tacticool stock, but just may hold out for the B&C like yours......

Go with the B&C. I built my Kidd around a Tacticool stock and decided that it was a mistake. The wood is really soft. Really SOFT. I could get everything together, bedded, take it to the match and shoot a really good score. Then think that I had it all together only to have it shoot loose over time.