• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Updated Sig Tango 4

reich10

Lefty
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Has anyone had a chance to run one of the updated Tango 4s? Looks like they updated the turrets and some other features. I have only seen the for sale at Rainier Arms.

There was on old thread a few months ago where Sig exchange the OP's Gen 1 model with one of these new models under warranty, but I don't recall seeing any feedback from him on it. I am actually sending in my Gen 1 tango 4 this week for warranty work and I'm curious to see if it comes back as a Gen 2. If I do get upgraded, I'll let you know. The new model's turrets appear to be similar to the way it's done on the Tango 6, hopefully they'll be an improvement because the turrets are my least favorite aspect of my Gen 1

Reactions: reich10
    They eliminated the locking turrets, and mine was very mushy on the clicks.

I traded mine for a gen 1 specifically for the turrets.

Unless I missed something, there was not a single mention of locking turrets in the instructions it came with, and I couldn't find anything from SIG about it, and they damn sure didn't lock anywhere out of the box.

Got my warranty scope back, Sig upgraded me to this Gen 2 version. @chevy_man is right that this version doesn't have locking turrets at all. I guess to be fair, the Gen 1 didn't really have true "locking" turrets either, they just locked on zero. Non-locking Elevation isn't too big a deal for me since it has a zero stop, which BTW is done very nicely on the new design. Losing the zero lock on windage is for sure a bummer though, I wager that was entirely driven by cost. These Gen 2s seem to be retailing for a bit less than what the Gen 1 models originally came out at.

Another nice change is a redesigned parallax/illumination turret that's much lower profile, about even with the size of the windage turret now. They also threw in two extra accessories which didn't come with the Gen 1: a sunshade and a removable throw lever that works pretty well.

Reactions: reich10
    Got my warranty scope back, Sig upgraded me to this Gen 2 version. @chevy_man is right that this version doesn't have locking turrets at all. I guess to be fair, the Gen 1 didn't really have true "locking" turrets either, they just locked on zero. Non-locking Elevation isn't too big a deal for me since it has a zero stop, which BTW is done very nicely on the new design. Losing the zero lock on windage is for sure a bummer though, I wager that was entirely driven by cost. These Gen 2s seem to be retailing for a bit less than what the Gen 1 models originally came out at.

Another nice change is a redesigned parallax/illumination turret that's much lower profile, about even with the size of the windage turret now. They also threw in two extra accessories which didn't come with the Gen 1: a sunshade and a removable throw lever that works pretty well.
    Nice thanks for the info. I am happy with my Tango 6 and would like to have the same reticle at a lower price point. Might have to check one out.

Nice thanks for the info. I am happy with my Tango 6 and would like to have the same reticle at a lower price point. Might have to check one out.
    So I am one of the lucky ones that had a gen1 parallax turret fall off at the range and I mailed the scope back but in the mean time ended up replacing it with a nightforce NX8 I opened the box of the new gen2 tango 4 but didn't notice anything different except the turrets don't lock on zero anymore. I guess around summertime I"ll install the scope on one of my other rigs to test it out. I will repost with an update.

I've been looking at these, but information seems to sparse at best.

For those that have had Gen 1 and Gen 2 scopes, does the glass seem to be comparable between the two? Meaning, the gen 2 didn't get a glass upgrade, just different turrett set up?

Correct the Glass seems to be exactly the same. I have compared my gen 2 to my dads has a gen 1 grey tango 4. I was told all gen 2 have redesigned heavy duty turrets same style that are on the tango 6 and only color available for the gen 2 is black no longer offer the grey. One thing I can definitely tell is the turrets have a positive click before the other style some times I would get lost while dialing out IDK just my opinion.

I had a gen 1 the illumination broke sent it in got a gen 2
    Illumination is brighter and the scope is lighter
    Glass seems to be the same
    Exposed turrets were eliminated.
    Wish I still had my gen 1 owell.

Reactions: Mendoza0311