• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPDATED- Super Stable Rear Bag From Precision Underground

Precision Underground

Rifle Gear
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • We started a quest a few months ago to build the perfect rear bag. Once we got the blend of the fill right it was clear that we were on to something. One key is to have the bag sized correctly for your set up. We offer many different shapes and sizes so you can find what works best for you. When you buy a rear bag you are buying “your” perfect rear bag. If it doesn’t fit well we will adjust or replace it until it does. You just pay shipping. We have sold over 200 of these and are incredibly grateful for the support! We will continue to work hard to earn your business! Check our this bag and all of our other gear
    PrecisionUndergroundRifleGear.com

FB logo elr bagcenter.jpg

The ELR bag-
    This is our original, best selling bag.
    I came up with this bag to relieve my frustration with the multiple rear bags I had tried and with how the filler slips and slides on itself. Slippy is good for squeezing but not so good for stability. I searched for a filler to get stability like a sand bag without sacrificing the ability to squeeze it and adjust. I found a great combo that is squeezable but sort of binds together for stability when you want it to.

I was trying to find a way to illustrate how different this bag is. This video shows it pretty well. This is a popular brand of rear bag vs what I came up with.

Notice how the rifle cants I am hitting it so hard with my bag under it. The key is the fill material and having the bag sized correctly.

I dubbed this one the "ELR" rear bag as it is built for stability. We have coyote, multicam, black multicam, MARPAT(digital woodlands), ACU digital, and black.(we sometimes have limited special run colors as well)

ELR-bags.jpg

Standard height ELR bag is $39. It sets with the stock compressed in at around 4”- 5". The short side sits at 2.25-2.75". This size has worked well for 99% of people.

We also have the ELR mini. If the ELR is a little too tall for you this should be perfect.

BAFC2DF3-F895-4A93-8CF1-BF9D4557A040.jpeg

If you are unsure of what size you need do this.
    Set up behind your rifle with your bipod at the normal height you use for drills or load development or ELR.
    Use another bag or something that will hold the stock to set it at a height that puts your POA slightly above your typical target height.
    Measure the space between the ground and the part of the stock that will ride on the bag. Be careful to get the lowest part of the stock that will be on the bag. Do this a couple of times and you will get a fairly good idea of what is normal for you.

Obviously you won't always be shooting exactly like this but most of us have our typical position and target height that we shoot at a lot of the time. The idea is to bring extreme stability to ELR, your load development or, dot drills or groups. And you can still squeeze the heck out of the bag and get more height in different situations just like any other bag.

And what self respecting "gun stuff" company doesn't send out stickers with their products? Not us!
    IMG-7658.JPG

Last edited:
    I like what your doing! I may even try as a fwd pad ..I will take 2!
    PayPal FF? [email protected]
    see tan as your initial run color..

Got mine yesterday, quality made, perfect size, hand strap on both orientations, right fill level to allow it to settle and squeeze to height.

I received mine and pretty pleased with. Haven't been able to take it to the range due to rain but did set it up in the shop with rifle. Seems it is made with durability and functionality in mind. Like seansmd, perfect fill amount and I like the strap orientation for each side. In fact, at this price point, I am going to order an extra one to gift to a friend.

Got mine yesterday, quality made, perfect size, hand strap on both orientations, right fill level to allow it to settle and squeeze to height.
    I received mine and pretty pleased with. Haven't been able to take it to the range due to rain but did set it up in the shop with rifle. Seems it is made with durability and functionality in mind. Like seansmd, perfect fill amount and I like the strap orientation for each side. In fact, at this price point, I am going to order an extra one to gift to a friend.
    Thanks guys. It makes my day to hear that you like them.

I’ll be offering some black multicam and some reg multicam soon. I’ll post some pics in the original post.

Been using this bag for a few days now. Quality workmanship! Works great with my A5 stock. Perfect height, extremely stable and adjustable. To be honest, I was actually surprised just how nice a bag it is. I thought the price is right and I could always use a back up bag to leave in my truck or whatever. It is now my primary bag for my A5 stock.

Very impressed thus far and highly recommend the purchase.

And if you wanna start a business in what appears to be a saturated part of the industry jpgolffl is doing it right. Great pricing. Outstanding workmanship, communication, shipping etc... Will be watching for future products! Good job sir.

Reactions: sirspeedy
    Been using this bag for a few days now. Quality workmanship! Works great with my A5 stock. Perfect height, extremely stable and adjustable. To be honest, I was actually surprised just how nice a bag it is. I thought the price is right and I could always use a back up bag to leave in my truck or whatever. It is now my primary bag for my A5 stock.

Very impressed thus far and highly recommend the purchase.

And if you wanna start a business in what appears to be a saturated part of the industry jpgolffl is doing it right. Great pricing. Outstanding workmanship, communication, shipping etc... Will be watching for future products! Good job sir.
    Thanks man I really appreciate it.

I tried to weigh the bags on my digital bathroom scale and it would not register. I'll see if I can find a way to get a accurate weight. It feels very similar to the tab small bag that I have. It is hard for me to tell a difference when holding them in each hand.
    I put mine on my postal scale. Weighed in at 1 lb. 14 oz.

Tag. I’d like to see a report back From a buyer please.
    I got my bag a couple day ago. Quality materials and looks well made. Played around with it at home, tried different positions and heights on my bipod. The next day I took it to the range and did some prone and bench shooting with it. I'm no expert as I've only been doing the long range rifle stuff a year or so, but I really like the way the bag feels and keeps it's shape with less effort from shot to shot. All in all a great bag at a great price.

I got my bag a couple day ago. Quality materials and looks well made. Played around with it at home, tried different positions and heights on my bipod. The next day I took it to the range and did some prone and bench shooting with it. I'm no expert as I've only been doing the long range rifle stuff a year or so, but I really like the way the bag feels and keeps it's shape with less effort from shot to shot. All in all a great bag at a great price.
    Thanks a lot and thanks for weighing it. I figured I was trading a little weight for more stability. Under 2 lbs is not bad though.

Mine has a little extra fill also because I needed a bit more height, so most should be less.

What size/height works with an MPA chassis?
    It will depend on your bipod height and your typical shooting angle. Obviously Different situations will call for diff bipod heights and targets will change but most of us have a typical bipod and target height for everyday shooting. I have sent out quite a few of the standard size and it sounds like it will fit in most situations. If you get it and it is way too tall or short send it back and I will adjust accordingly.

If you are unsure of what size you need do this.
    Set up behind your rifle with your bipod at the normal height you use for drills or load development or ELR.
    Use another bag or something that will hold the stock to set it at a height that puts your POA slightly above your typical target height.
    Measure the space between the ground and the part of the stock that will ride on the bag. Be careful to get the lowest part of the stock that will be on the bag.
    Do this a couple of times and you will get a fairly good idea of what is normal for you.

@jpgolffl first range report with the rear bag, I really liked it, very versatile. I had the opportunity to use it in both orientations, and an in between on the long dimension and wedged a finger in the collapsed bag to get the perfect height and could still squeeze to fine tune.

@jpgolffl first range report with the rear bag, I really liked it, very versatile. I had the opportunity to use it in both orientations, and an in between on the long dimension and wedged a finger in the collapsed bag to get the perfect height and could still squeeze to fine tune.
    Awesome man, it makes my day to hear people are liking them. Keep practicing with it at home too. I test every one that I make to make sure it sits and squeezes right. The more I test the more second nature it becomes to work the bag and get total control very quickly.

Reactions: Islander
    I've playing with mine at the range and really like it. Hopefully I'll be able to try it out at a match later this month.

I shot my MPA with weighted bag rider in standard fill bag with Atlas bipod. Bag holds very well and doesn’t settle after the shot like some. So far, I’m liking it.

I shot my MPA with weighted bag rider in standard fill bag with Atlas bipod. Bag holds very well and doesn’t settle after the shot like some. So far, I’m liking it.
    Perfect! You are speaking my language sir. Grab it where you want it and it will stay there without much effort.

Reactions: NorthCackHunter
    I responded to @jpgolffl in a different venue with initial, (very positive), impressions after receiving my rear shooting bag. I’ve since had more time for dry firing and this is quickly becoming my favorite rear bag. The fill material is very effective at locking the buttstock of the rifle into the bag as the fill tends to knit together and stabilizes the butt stock.

I responded to @jpgolffl in a different venue with initial, (very positive), impressions after receiving my rear shooting bag. I’ve since had more time for dry firing and this is quickly becoming my favorite rear bag. The fill material is very effective at locking the buttstock of the rifle into the bag as the fill tends to knit together and stabilizes the butt stock.
    That is exactly the design. I wanted something that would stay where I grabbed it rather than slipping around inside the bag. Glad it is working for you!

Got some range time with this yesterday while working on load development. Very stable in my opinion. Also really like having both vertical and horizontal loops for versatility. I haven't used it anywhere except the bench, but it appears very well constucted. Thanks @jpgolffl