• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPDATED- Super Stable Rear Bag From Precision Underground

What are the details on the new 3D ELR?
It has an added dimension of width and is ridic solid. I hhaven’t had time to make a few of them to take some good pics for the site so I haven’t really pushed it out yet but you can see them on the site now with limited pics.

Reactions: DaleGribble82
Ordered a mini and preordered a T-shirt. Well see if it fits - Always fall between a Medium and Large:oops:

Any chance of the 3D ELR with QD?

I used the regular ELR with QD to great effect in my first big PRS match last month. Ended up doing much better than expected (top 10). Having the rear bag clipped to the rifle saved a little time and helped.

Any chance of the 3D ELR with QD?

I used the regular ELR with QD to great effect in my first big PRS match last month. Ended up doing much better than expected (top 10). Having the rear bag clipped to the rifle saved a little time and helped.
Well done sir! Top 10 in a big match is killing it! We can add one to the 3D no problem. It's a good bit heftier than the ELR but it's not huge or anything. PM me if you want one and I will set it up.

Do you have a pic of the bottom of the Recon Micro bag? I would like to see the “grippy” surface. Thanks

Do you have a pic of the bottom of the Recon Micro bag? I would like to see the “grippy” surface. Thanks
This is the bottom of the mini(shown in rear bag position). It looks the exact same but is just a little bigger than the Micro. I still have not had time for an official photo shot on the Mico. Top and bottom are both grippy.
minirecon2.jpg

Reactions: Rover31
Just ordered an elr and a mini off the site. Can't wait to get ahold of them!

Curious about the 3d elr variation for sure.

Order 1208 just placed. Looking forward to trying this bag out. The strapped ELR with QD looks like the perfect bag to clip to the stock while hunting.

We started a quest a few months ago to build the perfect rear bag. Once we got the blend of the fill right it was clear that we were on to something. One key is to have the bag sized correctly for your set up. We offer many different shapes and sizes so you can find what works best for you. When you buy a rear bag you are buying “your” perfect rear bag. If it doesn’t fit well we will adjust or replace it until it does. You just pay shipping. We have sold over 200 of these and are incredibly grateful for the support! We will continue to work hard to earn your business! Check our this bag and all of our other gear
PrecisionUndergroundRifleGear.com

View attachment 6992013
The ELR bag-
This is our original, best selling bag.
I came up with this bag to relieve my frustration with the multiple rear bags I had tried and with how the filler slips and slides on itself. Slippy is good for squeezing but not so good for stability. I searched for a filler to get stability like a sand bag without sacrificing the ability to squeeze it and adjust. I found a great combo that is squeezable but sort of binds together for stability when you want it to.

I was trying to find a way to illustrate how different this bag is. This video shows it pretty well. This is a popular brand of rear bag vs what I came up with.

Notice how the rifle cants I am hitting it so hard with my bag under it. The key is the fill material and having the bag sized correctly.

I dubbed this one the "ELR" rear bag as it is built for stability. We have coyote, multicam, black multicam, MARPAT(digital woodlands), ACU digital, and black.(we sometimes have limited special run colors as well)

View attachment 6989909

Standard height ELR bag is $39. It sets with the stock compressed in at around 4”- 5". The short side sits at 2.25-2.75". This size has worked well for 99% of people.

We also have the ELR mini. If the ELR is a little too tall for you this should be perfect.

View attachment 7047277
If you are unsure of what size you need do this.
Set up behind your rifle with your bipod at the normal height you use for drills or load development or ELR.
Use another bag or something that will hold the stock to set it at a height that puts your POA slightly above your typical target height.
Measure the space between the ground and the part of the stock that will ride on the bag. Be careful to get the lowest part of the stock that will be on the bag. Do this a couple of times and you will get a fairly good idea of what is normal for you.

Obviously you won't always be shooting exactly like this but most of us have our typical position and target height that we shoot at a lot of the time. The idea is to bring extreme stability to ELR, your load development or, dot drills or groups. And you can still squeeze the heck out of the bag and get more height in different situations just like any other bag.

And what self respecting "gun stuff" company doesn't send out stickers with their products? Not us!
View attachment 6987948

Order placed for an ELR mini. I'm looking forward to comparing it to my TAB bag.

Thx
Thank you sir! The mini will probably hold the stock a hair lower than the standard Tab. As always, let us know if it doesn’t fit well and we will work with you to get it right. Once you buy one just pay shipping back and forth and we’ll keep sending them until it fits!

I ordered an ELR mini and has a minor hiccup. Precision Underground more than made it right. Highly recommended the bag and definitely the company.

I got mine last night. Looking forward to taking to the range weekend and trying it out. I think it will hit the sweet spot of size vs weight vs ease of use vs type of fill for packing it thru the hills and mountains while hunting. Being able to QD it to my stock for a handy rear bag or tossing it up on a fence post or tree limb for stability is going to be great. It seems versatile enough to work as a rear bag or a barrier rest. I will know more after putting it thru some obstacles this weekend.

I got mine last night. Looking forward to taking to the range weekend and trying it out. I think it will hit the sweet spot of size vs weight vs ease of use vs type of fill for packing it thru the hills and mountains while hunting. Being able to QD it to my stock for a handy rear bag or tossing it up on a fence post or tree limb for stability is going to be great. It seems versatile enough to work as a rear bag or a barrier rest. I will know more after putting it thru some obstacles this weekend.
Thanks!

For a semi-close range hunting situation it would be great for a front rest. For longer ranges I would recommend the Recon Mini as the do it all bag.

Took out the 3D ELR that I received Today, and man I will say this thing is sweet. Stable, and very well constructed. Owner of the company is very communicative, also able to get custom emblems and such as well. Highly recommended! I will buy again96A93C75-12A6-4E89-8281-200327B12424.jpeg755EE228-6E6C-41AA-B4C8-912E40A52DCC.jpeg7CE174C2-025A-418E-97D5-73F94ACC43F5.jpeg

i was actually looking for a rear bag to use that might be better than my old homemade one.
i just have to decide which one (for a Scar 20S). i don't really plan on hunting on foot with this rig, unless teotwawki comes or something, so portability isn't a huge concern.

Couldnt agree more with the quality of their product. Super impressed and it looks amazing. My team loves the backs and they were super helpful with formatting our logo on the bags and it turned out amazing. I can't thank you enough!