• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upgrade AIAT to MPA

In a couple months I'll have 3 prototype chassis that will be tested. Then it will be a matter of how many people are interested if I have a production batch made. It's up in the air whether or not I would do it myself or through Anarchy Outdoors; so far all the design work and prototype costs have been handled by myself.
Cool. I love my AI action but have never been a fan of the chassis. Unbonding the action doesn’t scare me . I have been snooping around to see if I could stuff it in a manners, but I’m looking forward to seeing how yours turn out. BTW, I run your thumb rest on my AT and couldn’t be happier with it.

More power to you if you want to put a MPA chassis on your AT. It is your rifle so your choice. However, it seems from what ive read around the place everyone has had to modify the MPA chassis slightly to get it to work correctly. Had anyone hit up MPA for a fix for this? If I buy a product like this i expect it to work as described. Maybe thats just me.

They do - for $4k - and they come with a free chassis :ROFLMAO:

I know it's blasphemy but I am one of those people who has never liked the AI chassis. I'm just not willing to spend for the entire package...I know, my loss because the actions and barrels are fantastic. Badger came the closest but it's just not an AI action. I guess I'll go sit in the corner with the bologna sandwich and domestic car kids.

Revival post

Anyone have any spare trigger retention plates? Or where i can buy one i have 2 triggers for the AI and only 1 plate and i would like have a spare just in case if i ever put it back together to a factory finish.

When will someone de-bond and drop an AI into a real stock / Manners T2A or McM A5 or something? THAT is what I want to see!

When will someone de-bond and drop an AI into a real stock / Manners T2A or McM A5 or something? THAT is what I want to see!
I'm pretty sure there's one out there, at least I saw a picture of one in work years ago.

Any time anyone brings this up, my answer is always "how much money do you have?" I have had the CAD files for the action and chassis for a couple years at this point, it's nothing complicated. I don't have my own machine shop, but I could design a mini-chassis and/or bottom metal assuming it could physically fit in your stock of choice. So it comes down to sourcing an un-inletted stock and finding a machine shop willing to do the machine work.

As always, I'm your huckleberry. But no one has ever wanted one bad enough to spend the money it will take to get it done.

Reactions: BurtGummer
That mini-chassis would need to include the bottom metal, right? Like a manners mini-chassis. Because that would be the major challenge in my opinion. Getting a dbm trigger guard to work correctly.

How much difference is there between an AT/ AX action and a Badger M2013?
I think a mini chassis that contains the bottom metal would be needed, and then a separate bolt-on trigger guard to go over the trigger pack. A challenge of the AI system is the two-bolt trigger pack from the bottom side, which is why the barreled action can't be removed from the chassis with the trigger pack attached.

I don't know if I've overlaid the two actions, I know the M2013 has the weird "double" recoil lug up front. I think at some point someone here on SH asked me about it and I looked into it a bit, but for the life of me can't remember the differences. I might even have the M2013 in CAD lol

The funny part about this thread is 75% of the first page is defending what a great chassis the AT is and how "comfortable" it is. Now everyone is squirting all over their pants about the AT-X.
I never liked the AT chassis that much. It worked fine for me, but I like the Bravo, MPA, MDT, etc better. The AT/AX grip is what really made me move away from AI even though I love the action/safety- just feels like a tank.

The AT-X lower CG and the ability to change the grip to any AR grip was exactly what was asked for by many AI fanboys.

Just not a fan of the look of the angled keyslot things on the hand guard. Makes me think of the at-x as "the penis gun".

It's like someone at AI wanted to make a statement of:
"My gun has more penises than yours."

Not unlike chevrons, but much more graphic/phallic.

why everyone is damp stamping to have one

Reactions: Stoweit
I'm going to try it someday. Now's not the time for $15K R&D projects, but eventually I want an AI in a McMillan A3A, with the quick change barrel feature with 3 bolts for 223 cases, standard and short mag cases. THAT is the dream rifle right there. 1 x 223 barrel, 1 x 6br barrel, and 1 x 6.5 SAUM barrel 😈😎

I'm going to try it someday. Now's not the time for $15K R&D projects, but eventually I want an AI in a McMillan A3A, with the quick change barrel feature with 3 bolts for 223 cases, standard and short mag cases. THAT is the dream rifle right there. 1 x 223 barrel, 1 x 6br barrel, and 1 x 6.5 SAUM barrel 😈😎
I’d get that done for you for less than $15k. I’m not that expensive 🤣

That mini-chassis would need to include the bottom metal, right? Like a manners mini-chassis. Because that would be the major challenge in my opinion. Getting a dbm trigger guard to work correctly.

How much difference is there between an AT/ AX action and a Badger M2013?
You can get a mini chassis machined to fit a badger, I had one. The bolt lift is slightly heavier with the badger and you dont get the QC barrel system.

Reactions: reubenski