• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision upgrade my NVG .....

jojunior

Minuteman
Jan 24, 2008
Tinseltown, CA
I have been using a pvs14 for a while and am planning to upgrade to a ANVIS9 with Pinnacle tubes.

How much will it cost me?

This is only for outdoor sports but I prefer high end stuff.

Recommendation for quality and reliable dealers with good prices?

Re: upgrade my NVG .....

Jo,
You should always buy these high end systems from a reputable OEM or distributer.

we stock ANVIS/9 with matched hand select ITT pinnacle tubes, data sheets, slim battery pack and cops for $7500 shipped. We also sell the aviation certified units, though they cost more.

We have L3 PVS-15's with matched hand select ITT pinnacle tubes with data sheets for $9000 (limited number at this price)

We can sell any of the above units with IMAGE CLEAN L-3 df series "filmless" tubes or with catalog spec "filmless" tubes.

Also popular are the BNVD-G Gen3 PINNACLE (P+ tubes) Binocular Night Vision Device w/ Gain Control. $7800. 2 year warranty.

We will take your pvs-14 in trade. feel free to call or email. We have about 15 ANVIS/9 left at this price.
MOD Armory stocks all of the above dual tube systems as well as all available accessories.
719-325-8070

From what you have stated as your intended use, you probably do not need the features (or the associated costs) that will come with an Aviation Binocular. Ball-detent mounts,tension breakaways, rear mounted battery packs, pupillary adjustment, just to name a few. The AN/AVS-9(F4949) was purpose built to be an aviation goggle. What would better suit your needs is to look at ground systems that have:

- The same high quality tube specs that are in the 4949.
- A warranty that protects your investment. Backed by one of the major manufacturers that will be around if you need it.
- Ruggedized features that make them better suited for ground operations like submersibility and integrated power.

With this, you will get the same performance, in a binocular that is suited for your intended use, without sacrficing the quality that you are looking for by purchasing the AN/AVS-9.
In those options, we offer:

1. AN/PVS-15 (M953) Gen3 L-3 EOS. These are built by L3 and supplied to USSOCOM. $9000. 66' Waterproof. One year warranty. They can be upgraded to Filmless tubes for an additional $1000.
2. PVS-15 Upgraded Gen3 PINNACLE Night Vision Binocular. Same specs as above but, with the paired (all of the binoculars are) Pinnacle tubes. Around $11,500.
3. BNVD-G Gen3 PINNACLE (P+ tubes) Binocular Night Vision Device w/ Gain Control. $7800. 2 year warranty. Great value. Twice the warranty. Same functionality and specs.

Additionally, we have three other models, with Pinnacle tubes, that range from $6100 to $8500. Please feel free to take a look at those, as well. In the end, find a long standing, established company, with good customer service and products that are factory built and backed. When spending this much money, you should get what you pay for.

Good luck and thanks for the post!

www.tnvc.com

Do you have Gen 3 binoculars with manual gain? How do they compare to PVS15 binocs? Do you take trade ins?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TestnDoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have Gen 3 binoculars with manual gain? How do they compare to PVS15 binocs? Do you take trade ins? </div></div>

The only dual tubes set ups, I am aware of that are a production model is the BNVD-G by Night Vision Depot.

How do they compare to PVS 15s? I like them more while Huntler likes the 15s more. Personal preference really, they are both WELL built water proof Mil Grade dual tube set ups.

Yes he does take trade ins as do I as well.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

HEy I've got a set I've been trying to sell for a year now don't use them much anymore sold my deer lease and only used them to spot hogs at night for the most part. IF you would like email me lets talk I've got a ton of pics through the tubes and everything. Sorry to undercut everyone here but id sell mine for 3000.00 they are in great condition. Have plenty more details ill send a PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IPSC_GUY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TestnDoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have Gen 3 binoculars with manual gain? How do they compare to PVS15 binocs? Do you take trade ins? </div></div>

The only dual tubes set ups, I am aware of that are a production model is the BNVD-G by Night Vision Depot.

How do they compare to PVS 15s? I like them more while Huntler likes the 15s more. Personal preference really, they are both WELL built water proof Mil Grade dual tube set ups.

Yes he does take trade ins as do I as well.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA </div></div>
I have Gen 3 pinnacle hand select binoculars and PVS14 Gen 3 monocular with manual gain. If there are better products out there I would be interested in upgrading especially the binoculars. Please let me know. Thanks

Hey Johnny, what exactly do you have?

IPSC_Guy, I am only looking for a dual tube setup. ANVIS6 or 9. I still have my PVS14 (delta specs) and love it!

PVS15 sounds super nice but it is above my budget.

Btw, is MX-10160C a high end tube as well?

There is another option to get to your goal. May I reccomebd purchasing a second PVS14 along with the N-Vision Dual PVS 14 adapter. It is available in either the PVS 7/14 mount or the PVS 15/18 Navy Dovetail.

This will allow you to use whatever mounting system you are already using.

A second 14 with matching specs is an easy item to source in addition it can then be placed on one of our test sets (Hoffman 126) where we will witness mark each 14 left Monocular and right monocular and because the 14 uses the ANVIS 9 eyepiece with the use of the afore mentioned test equipment, we can colimate the resulting binocular set up free of charge.

Let us know if we can help,

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TestnDoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the advantage of the PVS15 over the PVS14? </div></div>

Duals (like the PVS-15's) have the advantage of increased depth perception. They have more of a stereo effect vs. single monoculars.

In urban areas, I prefer single vs. duals as I like to have my other eye able to see freely unaided. I think this is especially important for LE work. There are folks who make like duals for everything, but for situational awareness in an urban areas, I feel single have advantages.

With that said, PVS-21's are considered "duals" as well, but these units are a whole new world and since you're not actually looking into an intensifier tube, there is NO depth perception issue at all, you're basically looking into a piece of clear glass with a NV image overlaid.

Single monocs also assists you other eye getting adapted quicker to dark in the event you flip your monocular up. Since your other eye is already dark adapted, it takes MUCH less time for your NV usage eye get to get dark adapted.

Our staff of trainers here also have likes and dislikes between the two. The most important aspect is no matter what unit you use, is to train, train, and train again to understand all the advantages and disadvantages of each particular system you may be using in your particular environment.

Vic

MX-10160C is the next highest rated tube next to an autogated tube on the omnibus chart.
http://aunv.blackice.com.au/userfiles/david-Omnichart.pdf
you can follow the link to the chart and see for yourself

The pair i have are the MX-10160A which is a rating right below the C's but were talking green apples to red apples as far as Im concerned!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TestnDoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the advantage of the PVS15 over the PVS14? </div></div>

Duals (like the PVS-15's) have the advantage of increased depth perception. They have more of a stereo effect vs. single monoculars.

In urban areas, I prefer single vs. duals as I like to have my other eye able to see freely unaided. I think this is especially important for LE work. There are folks who make like duals for everything, but for situational awareness in an urban areas, I feel single have advantages.

With that said, PVS-21's are considered "duals" as well, but these units are a whole new world and since you're not actually looking into an intensifier tube, there is NO depth perception issue at all, you're basically looking into a piece of clear glass with a NV image overlaid.

Single monocs also assists you other eye getting adapted quicker to dark in the event you flip your monocular up. Since your other eye is already dark adapted, it takes MUCH less time for your NV usage eye get to get dark adapted.

Our staff of trainers here also have likes and dislikes between the two. The most important aspect is no matter what unit you use, is to train, train, and train again to understand all the advantages and disadvantages of each particular system you may be using in your particular environment.

Vic
</div></div>
How much are the PVS 21s? I like the idea of better depth perception with NV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TestnDoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TestnDoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the advantage of the PVS15 over the PVS14? </div></div>

Vic
</div></div>
How much are the PVS 21s? I like the idea of better depth perception with NV.
</div></div>

Since we are the exclusive North American Distributor, we have an agreement with STS that we cannot post pricing. Please PM if you like, email or call.

We have units in stock. Thank you.:)

There are a couple Of the GOOD dealers that posted already with good advise and will treat you right ISPC-GUY and Huntler ! But I also have a customer that bought 4 sets of the Highest catalog spec L3 tubes and Mini mono with dual bridge mono mount ready to rock, One of his Guys backed out of the Budy deal and He is selling one unused set at a steel ! I would Buy them back at the deal he is asking, its cheaper than it cost me to start with, But I have so much inventory of night vision now I am broke.!

You will need to call or txt me and I will get the 411 for you, I am so buisy dealing with Night vision shipments ,Holsters, that I cant get on here as much anymore , I have hired good help, But where still swamped with orders.

Based on my experience, which includes 18 years of special operations service and thousands of agents trained at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, along with several hundred Law Enforcement Officers around the country, I can say that the predominant amount of usage is with the PVS-14 (or some single-tube variant). However, some of this can be equated to price, as much as need.
The 14 will give you a far better perspective of what is going on around you (situational awareness). This is why most ground troops and LE guys use this setup. However, in direct action roles, the binocular systems (specifically the PVS-15's in my line of work) are a phenomenally good tool to leverage your night vision against an adversary.
Having a lot of experience with both, I find that the Monocular systems give me more information to work with. I like the ability to have a single eye that stays dark adapted. I also like that I am able to see the variances in lighting conditions that I cannot see with my eye that is in the NVD. In a tactical world, this matters far more than if you are using your device for hunting (or another type of recreational use). However, some of these things still correlate. Having one of your eyes out of the goggle, allows you to see the ground immediately in front of you and navigate quietly, You can do this with a binocular system but, maintaining the correct focus becomes a problem. (You can't keep the goggles focused on your prey while you also being focused to see the ground for navigating) Just one example.
The most important thing to do, as stated above by Victor, is to train. Goggles are no different than any other tool that you have...they are worthless unless you know how to use them. One of the things that we pride ourselves in is that we have have a wealth of experience in Night Vision usage. Our Team of folks has served in the Military and Law Enforcement community for a long time. We have used that experience to educate our customers and, help them to buy the right kit. We make ourselves readily available for information before and after the sale. Additionally, we have dedicated instructors that make sure our customers learn how to use their equipment effectively. We have been SPECIALIZING in Night Vision for a long time and our reputation speaks for itself. This is what we do.

Forgive my ignorance, but is the PVS15 simply a binocular setup as opposed to a monocular PVS14? I thought that the PVS15 was a newer version of the PVS14. I have a PVS14 Gen 3 monocular as well as nightoptics binocular NV gen 3 unit but was wondering if better versions are available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TestnDoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forgive my ignorance, but is the PVS15 simply a binocular setup as opposed to a monocular PVS14? I thought that the PVS15 was a newer version of the PVS14. I have a PVS14 Gen 3 monocular as well as nightoptics binocular NV gen 3 unit but was wondering if better versions are available. </div></div>

Yes, the PVS-15's are dual systems you can see here on this page. http://www.tnvc.com/shop/category/night-vision-binoculars/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TestnDoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forgive my ignorance, but is the PVS15 simply a binocular setup as opposed to a monocular PVS14? I thought that the PVS15 was a newer version of the PVS14. I have a PVS14 Gen 3 monocular as well as nightoptics binocular NV gen 3 unit but was wondering if better versions are available. </div></div>

Yes, the PVS-15's are dual systems you can see here on this page. http://www.tnvc.com/shop/category/night-vision-binoculars/ </div></div>
Thanks Victor. Do any of the binoculars have manual gain adjustment? Do you take trades?

Experts, what are the differences between a ANVIS-6 and a ANVIS-9?

Pics would be helpful.

The 6 is the older version.

The Interpupillary Distance adjustment was one single knob with both the left and right Monocular Housings tied together. You turned the knob one way and they went out, you turned the knob the other way they went in. The fore and aft adjustment was somewhat limited and the objective lens focusing assembly were a PAIN IN THE ASS ! ! ! to set correctly. Also they got dirty easier. Really Old 6s had an 18mm eyepiece.

The 9's corrected all these short comings. The Interpupillary distance adjustment is independent for each Mono. The fore and aft adjustment has more travel and the 9's objective is a much smoother focusing animal. Also, the 9s got the larger 25mm eyepieces. Big Improvement there.

Now that being said there is a Version of the ANVIS 9 goggles flown by the US Army that are called ANVIS 6 V3s but they have all the 9 upgrades.

Alas I don't have any pictures handy.

I hope this clarifies,

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IPSC_GUY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 6 is the older version.

The Interpupillary Distance adjustment was one single knob with both the left and right Monocular Housings tied together. You turned the knob one way and they went out, you turned the knob the other way they went in. The fore and aft adjustment was somewhat limited and the objective lens focusing assembly were a PAIN IN THE ASS ! ! ! to set correctly. Also they got dirty easier. Really Old 6s had an 18mm eyepiece.

The 9's corrected all these short comings. The Interpupillary distance adjustment is independent for each Mono. The fore and aft adjustment has more travel and the 9's objective is a much smother focusing animal. Also, the 9s got the 25mm larger eyepieces. big Improvement there.

Now that being said there is a Version of the ANVIS 9 goggles flown by the US Army that are called ANVIS 6 V3s but they have all the 9 upgrades.

Alas I don't have any pictures handy.

I hope this clarifies,

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

</div></div>

What about ANVIS 6/9 hybrids? What's the story with those?
I heard they are "tougher" than the 9s, but focus easier than the 6s.

Well the 6/9 Hybrids are a custom creation. Basically they have an older 6 PAS assemble but with the 9 improvements everywhere else. We are working on "something" to upgrade some of the weaknesses of the ANVIS platform. They will be a custom offering. probably a month maybe two before we are ready to go forward there.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

IPSC_Guy, do you have a website?

Also, who is making the USGI one-hole shroud adapter plate for the ANVIS mount?

Nope Not yet on the Website. We are working on several new things for the ANVIS platforms if your not in a hurry.

Improvements to the Bridge, for better strength

Weather proofing the power distribution, for more resiliency in the field.

A new ANVIS mounting system for Ground helmets, For best possible close mounting of the system to your eyes. Also this last one is going to be one of the least expensive on the market so it wont break the bank ! ! !

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Has anyone tried this Wilcox setup?

IMG_5214-1024x682.jpg

That is the older version of the Wilcox Anvis ground mount. It has been replaced in their product line up by the newer self powered version. If you can find an older one used they are a good mount that will get the Goggles close enough to your eyes.
If your looking for that Exact mount, I think Huntler on here might have one in stock.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

The Wilcox Mount is nice.

Here are some Proof of Concept photos of the mount we are working on.

The Mount Viewer (with one of our prototype adapter blocks) on an ACH Helmet.

132.jpg

And With Goggles attached. This is with the goggles at their reward most travel but in this photo it shows just how far back this mounting system will let you get the goggles to your eyes.

136.jpg

The production models are just starting to roll off the CNC mill this week. I should have photos up in a couple of weeks.

Stay tuned ANVIS fans,

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Wilcox L4 mount is super nice. I am seriously thinking about it.

Does it look similar to yours IPSC-Guy? Is that a NSN item? And who made this?
here

There is another option as well we are carrying from Adams Industries called the Surface ANVIS Ruggedized Mount.

These mounts have been out now for over a year that are made specifically for different helmets such as the MICH, OPS and new Crye to accommodate the angle of the helmet itself.

They have been sold to many Mil circles with not much commercial exposure, but we're very pleased with these units to say the least and happy to carry them. We will have them on our web site very soon with all the details along with a few other very special features of these mounts.

We've been so busy with other projects, not had a chance to post these units. Clasky will be posting though.

Vic

I have the Adams Industries mount and one of Pete's. I prefer Pete's as it gets the goggles closer to my eyes.
BTW, Pete is the MAN, when it comes to the ANVIS 9.
He's built a ton of them for some heavy trigger pullers.

Pete's
photo-159.jpg

Adams
photo-158.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wes1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Adams Industries mount and one of Pete's. I prefer Pete's as it gets the goggles closer to my eyes.

Pete's
photo-159.jpg

Adams
photo-158.jpg
</div></div>

Couple things. The mount you're showing was and is not made for the OPS. What you have is an Adams Industry ACH version mounted onto an OPS Jump helmet.

As I mentioned, AI has several mounts specifically made for several helmets and these are rugedized unlike the others. Adams Industries understands this might not be as important for civilians, but for their users in special Mil circles, it has been of critical importance to them.

As for being closer to ones eyes. Been running many Anvis mounts and have full FOV through the tube and enough travel with all of them. Obviously getting too close to ones eye is an issue especially for pilots running visors.

Hope this helps.

Vic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jojunior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who is Peter? </div></div>

Someone that Know his stuff..

Hint

IPSC_GUY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wes1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Adams Industries mount and one of Pete's. I prefer Pete's as it gets the goggles closer to my eyes.

Pete's
photo-159.jpg

Adams
photo-158.jpg
</div></div>

Couple things. The mount you're showing was and is not made for the OPS. What you have is an Adams Industry ACH version mounted onto an OPS Jump helmet.

As I mentioned, AI has several mounts specifically made for several helmets and these are rugedized unlike the others. Adams Industries understands this might not be as important for civilians, but for their users in special Mil circles, it has been of critical importance to them.

As for being closer to ones eyes. Been running many Anvis mounts and have full FOV through the tube and enough travel with all of them. Obviously getting too close to ones eye is an issue especially for pilots running visors.

Hope this helps.

Vic

</div></div>

Yes you are correct Wes is running the very fine AI mount for the ACH HELMET on his Ops Core Base Jump. If you look closely you can see His has been retrofitted with a special wedge I make that corrects for the differance in the angle of the forward slope between the ACH Pattern and the Ops Core Pattern helmets. This puts the goggles on the helmet in the middle of it's tilt adjustment range a very important thing.

As for the question yes I am Pete. As for my experine with the ANVIS goggle platform? I did 20 years active duty in the Marines and one of my areas of responsibility was maintaining these goggles for Fleet Marine Force Helicopter units. I did three tours in Iraq and many of my goggles flew many combat missions in country. Suffice to say I am familiar with the platform. I know their strengths and their weaknesses. I am working on several inventions to "plus up" the ANVIS family as they are very popular and there are tons of them out there!

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Thanks for the clarification Pete and yes we knew about the wedge on the other model and the angle importance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the clarification Pete and yes we knew about the wedge on the other model and the angle importance. </div></div>

No worries I guess you just missed it in the picture, they are small but they totally make that mount work with the popular Ops Core helmets, if ya need some give me a call.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

What cover is that on the last pic of the helmet ?

That is bad ass .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clasky_TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AI Surface ANVIS Mounts are ready for sale here:
<a href="http://www.tnvc.com/shop/surface-anvis-mount/" title="url AI Air Ground Warrior Battery Packs are available here urlhttpwwwtnvccomshopairgroundwarriorbatterypack" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">[/url]

AI Air Ground Warrior Battery...-battery-pack/]</a>

Just make sure to pay attention to the proper helmet variant for the SAM.

AI_SAM_1.jpg

AI_SAM_2.jpg

AirFrame_6.jpg

AirFrame_5.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">What cover is that on the last pic of the helmet?</span>
</span>
That is bad ass .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clasky_TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AI Surface ANVIS Mounts are ready for sale here:
<a href="http://www.tnvc.com/shop/surface-anvis-mount/" title="url AI Air Ground Warrior Battery Packs are available here urlhttpwwwtnvccomshopairgroundwarriorbatterypack" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">[/url]

AI_SAM_1.jpg

AI_SAM_2.jpg

AirFrame_6.jpg

AirFrame_5.jpg
</div></div> </div></div>

http://www.tnvc.com/shop/crye-precision-airframe-helmet-cover/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What cover is that on the last pic of the helmet ?

That is bad ass .

Hey Bro,
That's the Crye Precision AirFrame Helmet Cover. It's actually tailored specifically for the AirFrame so the venting is exposed. The material is mesh and nylon. Right now, it's only available in multicam (after all, it's Crye that's making it). It has a lot of good hook/loop pile tape on the back for battery packs and IFF devices.

http://www.tnvc.com/shop/crye-precision-airframe-helmet-cover/

AI_SAM_1.jpg

AI_SAM_2.jpg

AirFrame_6.jpg

AirFrame_5.jpg
</div></div> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clasky_TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

AirFrame_5.jpg
</div></div>

Absolutely very badass setup.

Can anybody help me? I've got a pair of ANVIS AN/AVS-6 V-1 and they aren't working anymore. I put some fresh batteries in today, switched them on and they were black. I've heard that the tubes can burn out over time, but I'm new to night vision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anybody help me? I've got a pair of ANVIS AN/AVS-6 V-1 and they aren't working anymore. I put some fresh batteries in today, switched them on and they were black. I've heard that the tubes can burn out over time, but I'm new to night vision. </div></div>

Contact Pete (IPSC GUY in this thread) and he will get you squared away.