• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upgrading A .338lm Stock. Which One?

CARRYAGLOCK

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2003
Woodbridge, VA
1GAP338fullpic.jpg

I am selling my .338 lapua magnum. It originally had a McMillan A5 stock. I switched it to a light weight stock, a HS Precision PSS. Now that I am selling it nobody seems to like the stock.

I think I will buy another stock drop this in and then sell it. What would you want on it?

Re: Upgrading A .338lm Stock. Which One?

why not sell the stock separately and let someone else restock it. that way you don't have to spend anymore money...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Proud Noob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why not sell the stock separately and let someone else restock it. that way you don't have to spend anymore money... </div></div>

+1 Don't invest anymore time or money in a gun that you are planning to get rid of.

How did it shoot? Price on the Barreled action? I have a fresh Desert camo LA Mcmillan A5 standing in the corner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did it shoot? Price on the Barreled action? </div></div>

It shoots awesome like my other GAP! I haven't shot it for groups since I got it and confirmed a couple "3 touching groups". It only has about 250 rounds through it. Since it doesn't have the A5 or DBM I'm selling it for $3,000.
Rem700 action
Bartlein fluted 1 in 9.25 25 1/2" MTU contour I think + Surefire break
Badger recoil lug
Sako Extractor and Badger Bolt Knob
Badger 20moa rail
GAP trigger job

So yeah the barreled action I would be willing to sell. Let's say take off $200 for the HS stock, $100 for the Rem trigger guard & floor plate + Wyatts extended internal box, and $100 for bedding.

$2600 for it. Jon you got 1st dibs, let me know.
Nevermind it's going to be sold complete in a new stock.