• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Uploading profiles to Garmin Foretrex 701

mclevela

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2007
Moorcroft, Wyoming
How does one upload profiles to the Garmin Foretrex 701 vs inputting them manually?
Thanks

Figured this process out, went to AB site and downloaded the profile loader that works with the Garmin.
The only issue was I have a -1.8" ZH offset to compensate for my zero shift with the suppressor installed in the Kestrel profile.

The strange part of this is for the data to match between the devices I had to input a +1.8" ZH offset in the Garmin profile for data to match between the two devices and or just run them both with 0" ZH offset

Last edited:
So it can be done manually on the device or synced from AB loader from computer. Is there an app to transfer profiles via Bluetooth like the kestrel and sig2400 do?

Thanks.

How often is the profile loader updated, and how do you know when it is updated? This upload system doesn’t seem as current as the apps that push profiles to the devices.

How often is the profile loader updated, and how do you know when it is updated? This upload system doesn’t seem as current as the apps that push profiles to the devices.

The device itself has a newer library than the profile loader currently. We are working to integrate AB Connect in to other systems, just have not had the time yet.

Ok thanks, so eventually there will be an app to upload profiles? Sometimes it needs to be done in the field, and I found yesterday that can be pretty clunky. Mostly just with getting a new profile started and named.

@DocUSMCRetired I recently got a 701, and am not able to find the AB loader for Mac. Is that still not available, or is there another way to create profiles vs manual on the device?

@DocUSMCRetired I recently got a 701, and am not able to find the AB loader for Mac. Is that still not available, or is there another way to create profiles vs manual on the device?

Apple recently updated the OS to no longer allow for 32 bit systems. This along with the current issues with WINE still needing to be sorted out had us pull the Mac version for now.

Our current recommendation is to run VMWare or a similar software that allows for using Windows programs on a Mac. Many easy mode versions exist like Parallels and others that allow for it.

If you create a basic profile manually on the 701, you can push it to the profile loader for backing up. But yeah, the PL library being behind everything else is kinda BS for 701 users. But it is what it is... (I ran into the same issue, wanting the CDM for the 130 RDF).

sigh...smh...