• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upper Build Assembly techniques.

Well the handguards fit both I think they are the same upper.

I wonder if the same forge makes both of them
Very good chance they are honestly. I doubt anyone would openly say yes or no with the market being so “secretive”. I’m sure there would have to be a way to find out, I’m just not that connected in the bidness

Reactions: BurtG
At the moment yes I do, if you do a little Google work you'll discover there are a several companies that offer BE with multiple OD sizes.

Well you must know something that Google doesn’t or maybe Google is broken today but there doesn’t appear to be any companies advertising custom sizing options for barrel extensions.

Lilja has in-house DPMS extensions, maybe they make customs extensions upon request but the one on their website has no sizing options. JP has their optimized 308 extensions but they don’t appear to offer sizing options either. Maybe Krieger? Maybe BAT secretly still makes them for you? Maybe WOA’s M4 extension is oversized? They don’t advertise it as such. I guess I’ll never know without contacting these companies to ask. I will email all of these companies today and inquire and I will update this thread if any of them do custom sizing upon request.

But no, this info isn’t on Google at the moment. All references to oversized or custom sized extensions point to the now discontinued BAT extensions.

Last edited:
I guess I’ll never know without contacting these companies to ask. I will email all of these companies today and inquire and I will update this thread if any of them do custom sizing upon request.

eb6db2bb1a9edfb230eab79a9c02f3488ac0e8e3.gif

I’m not one of the smart ones, but I’d guess either one would get you fairly good results. I’d also assume the Seekins would have better QC and fit???? They(Seekins) were the maker of choice for a build from a shop known for precision and a handful of AR15s.

The GA Precision GAP-10 uses rebranded receivers from Seekins.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Well you must know something that Google doesn’t or maybe Google is broken today but there doesn’t appear to be any companies advertising custom sizing options for barrel extensions.

Lilja has in-house DPMS extensions, maybe they make customs extensions upon request but the one on their website has no sizing options. JP has their optimized 308 extensions but they don’t appear to offer sizing options either. Maybe Krieger? Maybe BAT secretly still makes them for you? Maybe WOA’s M4 extension is oversized? They don’t advertise it as such. I guess I’ll never know without contacting these companies to ask. I will email all of these companies today and inquire and I will update this thread if any of them do custom sizing upon request.

But no, this info isn’t on Google at the moment. All references to oversized or custom sized extensions point to the now discontinued BAT extensions.
Just an FYI if you didn't already know:

The OD for a M16 mil spec barrel extension is 0.9987" (-0.0008")

There are two notes that apply to that dimension on the drawing;
5) GRIND AFTER HEAT TREAT
6) MINIMUM PERMISIBLE CASE DEPTH 0.005" AFTER GRIND

Reactions: Leicafan1990
Here is an update regarding sources for custom size barrel extensions.

Lilja - No, they will not deviate from their standard size for either the AR15 or AR-10 barrel extensions.

Krieger - They do not manufacture their own extensions and they do not order them from their supplier in any other sizes besides milspec.

White Oak Armament - They do not offer custom size barrel extensions.

JP Enterprises - No, they will not make custom size extensions. Their receivers are undersized to get a thermal fit.

Whitworth Tool - They are a high volume OEM and don’t do low volume custom work.

Still waiting to hear from BAT Machine but I highly doubt they are still making them. As of 4 or 5 months ago, Craddock told me BAT wasn’t making them anymore.

That’s pretty much everyone @bigjake83. So if you are getting custom extensions from someone other than these companies, I’m sure people here would be interested in using them for their custom barrel builds.

Last edited:
Here is an update regarding sources for custom size barrel extensions.

Lilja - No, they will not deviate from their standard size for either the AR15 or AR-10 barrel extensions.

Krieger - They do not manufacture their own extensions and they do not order them from their supplier in any other sizes besides milspec.

White Oak Armament - They do not offer custom size barrel extensions.

JP Enterprises - No, they will not make custom size extensions. Their receivers are undersized to get a thermal fit.

Still waiting to hear back from BAT Machine and Whitworth Tool (the extension OEM for Krieger).
I'm aware of this from WOA and I saw a link for something from Lija similar but can't find it now

WOA COMPETITION BARREL EXTENSION

Reactions: Jughead
I'm aware of this from WOA and I saw a link for something from Lija similar but can't find it now

WOA COMPETITION BARREL EXTENSION
Lilja entension - the OD measures .999
What I have gleaned from information provided in the thread, this would be inline with the desireable WOA Competition extension that is no longer manufactured.
As I understand it, a milspec extension's OD would measure .998
If this is true, you could swap for the Lilja extension, but I'm not certain about that. I'm here to learn, so if I'm understanding incorrectly, please let me know.

What I have gleaned from information provided in the thread, this would be inline with the desireable WOA Competition extension that is no longer manufactured.
If this is true, you could swap for the Lilja extension, but I'm not certain about that. I'm here to learn, so if I'm understanding incorrectly, please let me know.

It seems like the Lilja extensions are probably the best bet if you want a barrel extension slightly larger than milspec.

But despite claims that there are multiple companies selling extensions in custom sizes, I have not found a single company offering that and I called pretty much everyone who might offer something like that.

Reactions: msgriff and mettee
It seems like the Lilja extensions are probably the best bet if you want a barrel extension slightly larger than milspec.

But despite claims that there are multiple companies selling extensions in custom sizes, I have not found a single company offering that and I called pretty much everyone who might offer something like that.
Wonder how the Lilja barrels shoot?
I've never seen any reviews

Just to be clear, you can't change out barrel extensions on existing barrels without the probability of considerable headaches.