• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upper build barrel question...Hart or Lothar?

HANDYMAN

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2011
VT
I'm building an upper for basic target shooting and highpower practice. I have a Hart barrel and a Lothar barrel. Which one should I use and which one should I save for a replacement on my match upper. Both are 1/8 twist and stainless steel 20". I'm just looking for something to shoot for practice and keep the round count down on my National Match upper.

Thanks

Shawn

Re: Upper build barrel question...Hart or Lothar?

Flip a coin. LW50 is tough steel so maybe use that as your practice barrel.

100 rounds each.

Then take your pick.

It's just a little more time consuming than Legos.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kvwpwr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flip a coin. LW50 is tough steel so maybe use that as your practice barrel.</div></div>

I had heard that Lothar barrels are harder and tend to wear slower than others. How is there accuracy compared to Hart barrels?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HANDYMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kvwpwr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flip a coin. LW50 is tough steel so maybe use that as your practice barrel.</div></div>

I had heard that Lothar barrels are harder and tend to wear slower than others. How is there accuracy compared to Hart barrels?

Thanks </div></div>

yep, the LW50 barrel is a harder steel, it will wear slower than the Hart barrel, both are just as good, your LW will just take more wear. Use that as your practice barrel.

That settles it. Thanks guys.