• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPS does it again 🤦🏻‍♂️

Adam B

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 7, 2005
    grand rapids, michigan
    www.adamboynton.com
    Bought a Revic scope from another member on here and this is how the box looked when it arrived. Thankfully the scope was packed well and unharmed.

EAA11733-EC96-454F-813E-52B0E0DC1B35.jpeg

I have a claim in with them idiots right now over a lost package. Supposed to been delivered sat. Went back to in transit after a destination scan on friday.

And people don't understand why I hate shipping stuff. I've had piss poor luck with every shipping company.

Out here FedEx uses a piss poor subcontractor for deliveries...in May the bitch gave my 'signature required' $1K scope to a guy down the road who said he'd deliver it to me...never got it. FedEx denied my claim since I wasn't the shipper, so I had to dispute the charges...which was fine since that fuck head took two weeks to respond to my frantic emails.

The USPS courier out here threw my $5K Thermion into the wrong mailbox and signed my name for me since it was COVID. Thank God I got it.

UPS has the only reliable driver out here, an Asian guy named "Bubba", and he is awesome...doesn't mean that the company refrains from playing kick ball with your packages before you get them though.

Glad you at least got it. One of my rifle stock purchases on here has been lost by UPS going on 2 weeks now Went to the actual UPS hub that it was last scanned at, 10 mins from my home and UPS had nothing to say but call their 1-800 number. Still crossing my fingers that it pops up.

Pretty sure my warranty item from Hornady has been stolen by some fuck head at fedex. Said it was out for delivery last Sunday and now it’s been “sitting” at fedex for the last week. I went to the the distribution center since it’s down the street from me and they said they can’t find it.

I once had a FedX envelope, which required a signature, thrown on my front porch, there was a check for $20,000.00 in it......

• Wow
    Reactions: Yasherka
    Better than my luck with them. I have packages that never were delivered. I have had them write a post card and mail it to me stating my address doesn't exist, even though they at thr time make weekly deliveries. I found one package in the field several months after it was said to be delivered. They have let them at the neighbor's. I live in rural Texas. The nearest neighbor os over 1/2 mile away. I pictire them just kicking the package out the door on their way down the road. It is always a 50/50 that it will show up or not.

For all of these reasons, I've been doing smaller orders of everything after UPS "lost" a few thousand rounds. It costs more, but so far it's working better.

I don't blame the shipping company's as much as I blame the shippers for piss poor packaging. Someone needs to come out with new hard plastic or composite shipping containers cardboard just isn't holding up anymore after Ace Ventura gets done with it. For example rifle scope and barrel makers could easily ship rifle scopes and barrels in PVC pipe cut to length with a glued cap on both ends with a "cut here to open" line on one end to show where to open.

We had a pistol shipped from a distributor and we got a notification that the package was delivered, went and looked, and sure as shit there it was, out in the yard! Went back and looked at the camera’s and that lazy bitch threw that box from the sidewalk and bounced it off the step and left, and of course it being a firearm, it required 21 and over signature, so I hopped in the pickup and ran her down at her next stop and threatened to call the police for leaving a firearm within reach of a child, being how it was just left out in the yard and citing the youth handgun safety act, she kind of had a revelation, believe it or not, and she has been a model employee for FedEx express ever since, at least with our business!

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
    UPS has a track your delivery feature. When my XLR Envy Pro was scheduled for delivery of waited like four months for it as XLR was having aluminum supplier issues.

Initially was to be delivered early, then changed to end of day as she drove around my neighborhood. I wanted to take it to the range before my weekend was over.

Followed the track my delivery app and asked her for the package when she finished a delivery. Lied and said she didn't have it.

Delivered it at like 7pm. Stupid beaver.

once had a fed ex driver threaten to beat my ass for letting him know that he left the truck open for anybody to walk in it and take whatever they wanted. Of course he said it as he was in the truck leaving. Chased him down the road a couple houses trying to get him to stop so we could dance

That is why i use USPS most of the time.pretty good so far.

Sometimes...

399585_10101093144795998_1481349033_n.jpg

Fred has his moments too...

10710573_10104304662942888_3119918059468900127_n.jpg

As for Brown...never had a package damaged, but I have had their drivers not be able to find my home THREE DAYS IN A ROW as I watched them drive by.

I'm toying with sending a heritage firearm back to St. Louis area to get a good 'goin through' and I was told, pack it in a pelican or something, then a box around that - Art's Gun Shop. Hell, I'm tempted to make a weekend trip and deliver it by hand.

I have a claim in with them idiots right now over a lost package. Supposed to been delivered sat. Went back to in transit after a destination scan on friday.

Good luck, UPS lost a barrel that I shipped over two months ago. They even admit they put it on the wrong truck heading to a Target distribution center. I'm still fighting with them. Everytime I call, they either lie saying the claim has been paid and check my account, or they say they never received the claim to begin with, and I need to refile the claim, which I've done.

I had a 4 barrel and stock on the sako quads delivered to a person on here. Fedex guy said he dropped it off, eventually stated he just left the package. The person I shipped it to claims they never got it. 1400 dollar error. my fault.

Good luck, UPS lost a barrel that I shipped over two months ago. They even admit they put it on the wrong truck heading to a Target distribution center. I'm still fighting with them. Everytime I call, they either lie saying the claim has been paid and check my account, or they say they never received the claim to begin with, and I need to refile the claim, which I've done.
    hell , at least you have talked to a person. All i can get id the damn automated robot that knows dick!

We've had problems with both but not too bad considering. Purchased a nice espresso outfit last year from a very reputable company. The machine arrived fine. The second box with all of the "extras' was broken and looked like it had been through WW III. Sure enough, a few items were missing. UPS driver just said to file a claim and left. Eventually got it right.

My wife dabbles with turning items she finds at good prices and sells them on various speciality sites for a decent profit. I had her sell some nice model railroad items for me on eBay. A fellow about an hour and a-half drive from us bought the items. The wife had always had good luck with the USPS and we packed everything real well and off they went. The next day we got an email from the fellow stating he had received everything with the exception of one set of cars. This was late morning and the wife checked and the USPS tracking which showed everything was supposed to have been delivered. Here is where it gets interesting. She called USPS and got a supervisor who was extremely nice and proficient. She told my wife there was a problem, give her a few minutes, and she would call my wife back. About 30 minutes later, the lady called and told my wife the package was out for delivery in LA, as in California. Would not have been a problem with the exception it was supposed to be delivered in Virginia.

The supervisor had spoken with a supervisor in LA who had spoken with the delivery driver who verified he/she had the package and would get it back to the office. The supervisor promised my wife she would personally make sure the situation was corrected and apologized profusely. The next day shortly after lunch, we got an email from the fella who had purchased everything stating he had received the package and everything was fine. It appears that the USPS had overnight/air freight shipped everything back to Virginia. That was a miracle.

• Wow
    Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    That is why i use USPS most of the time.pretty good so far.
    We've had problems with both but not too bad considering. Purchased a nice espresso outfit last year from a very reputable company. The machine arrived fine. The second box with all of the "extras' was broken and looked like it had been through WW III. Sure enough, a few items were missing. UPS driver just said to file a claim and left. Eventually got it right.

My wife dabbles with turning items she finds at good prices and sells them on various speciality sites for a decent profit. I had her sell some nice model railroad items for me on eBay. A fellow about an hour and a-half drive from us bought the items. The wife had always had good luck with the USPS and we packed everything real well and off they went. The next day we got an email from the fellow stating he had received everything with the exception of one set of cars. This was late morning and the wife checked and the USPS tracking which showed everything was supposed to have been delivered. Here is where it gets interesting. She called USPS and got a supervisor who was extremely nice and proficient. She told my wife there was a problem, give her a few minutes, and she would call my wife back. About 30 minutes later, the lady called and told my wife the package was out for delivery in LA, as in California. Would not have been a problem with the exception it was supposed to be delivered in Virginia.

The supervisor had spoken with a supervisor in LA who had spoken with the delivery driver who verified he/she had the package and would get it back to the office. The supervisor promised my wife she would personally make sure the situation was corrected and apologized profusely. The next day shortly after lunch, we got an email from the fella who had purchased everything stating he had received the package and everything was fine. It appears that the USPS had overnight/air freight shipped everything back to Virginia. That was a miracle.
    x2 Ive had best luck with USPS as well..

Also yall fwiw, unless the law has changed recently, UPS, Fedex, etc private mail companies like that can search your shit at will. USPS needs a warrant to open your package and search it. Just food for thought

I'm holding my breath because I just got an e-mail from Newport Gun Division, telling me my Ruger PC 9 is repaired and ready for return to me ; for the third time. The odds are stacking against me!

I don't know what it is but all the carrier companies have been shitty lately. news of mishandling and stealing of package contents every now and then.

I once ate 1k Hornady 75gr Amax bullets. When the bullets arrived to buyer, note from USPS said bx had been tore open. When I sell something now , I Gorilla tape it, but I always declare “ins on Sellers dime”. Never hav had another issue but still ButtHurt over tearn Guy’s chk up over the bullets!!

I run a marine air conditioning business. UPS delivered an empty box to me that was supposed to contain an AC compressor. The compressor had torn through the box and ended up on a concrete floor in their shipping center. Then they had the gall to call me six weeks later to tell me they had found it and did I still want it. What idiots..

That's happened to me a few times in the last month. It ships to my town, is out for delivery, then gets shipped to a other town over an hour away.

I know not everybody has this option, but I have all my packages delivered to my office. They have to bring it inside. If it needs a signature, the girls sign for it, or they call me. No leaving packages on the front porch for all the neighbors to get. No deliveries at 10;00 at night, just to find it on the porch the next morning. Plus, I get it before 10:00 in the morning. I even had two guns delivered to my office from CMP. The down side is, no Saturday or Sunday deliveries.

Reactions: Bangarang
    No doubt, that why the last barreled action I sold I wrapped in foam, then bubble wrap and shipped inside of schedule 80 pvc with sch 80 caps on both ends.
    Mostly dip shit proof.

Cant cut the tape and steal the contents either.

Reactions: XLR308
    No doubt, that why the last barreled action I sold I wrapped in foam, then bubble wrap and shipped inside of schedule 80 pvc with sch 80 caps on both ends.
    Mostly dip shit proof.
    I have a barrel action i was thinking that i may sale down the road and was going to pack it just like this. If i decide on getting rid of it

Reactions: XLR308
    I have a barrel action i was thinking that i may sale down the road and was going to pack it just like this. If i decide on getting rid of it

It was the best way I could think of to ship one, that and I have several of them anyway since I store arrows in them.
    You can drive over it with a vehicle and the contents are still safe and snug.
    1597162763631512349694.jpg

Reactions: deersniper
    UPS is still WAY better than the USPS these days.. at least where I am... Took USPS 2 weeks to get an 8 x 10 manilla envelope from the Sheriffs dept in DT Los Angeles to my home 5 miles away. I could have crawled on all fours with one hand tied behind my back and gotten it here faster.

• Haha
    Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    I ship a good bit of stuff, probably more than an average person. I have had problems with UPS, FedEX, and USPS all about the same. I can't say one is any better or worse than the others, the problems are all the same. Ship enough shit with any of them and you will find problems.

I double box anything I care about.

I also make sure that whatever it is that I am packing has enough packing material stuffed around it that IT DOES NOT MOVE when shaken, not even a milometer. If you shake it and hear/feel anything move, repack it tighter.

You can't help when a stupid vendor or other person does not pack something properly.

It was the best way I could think of to ship one, that and I have several of them anyway since I store arrows in them.
    You can drive over it with a vehicle and the contents are still safe and snug.
    View attachment 7395920
    Exactly what i was thinking about cept capping both ends with a “cut here “ line on the safe end to cut the pvc

UPS is still WAY better than the USPS these days.. at least where I am... Took USPS 2 weeks to get an 8 x 10 manilla envelope from the Sheriffs dept in DT Los Angeles to my home 5 miles away. I could have crawled on all fours with one hand tied behind my back and gotten it here faster.

Pretty much par for the course. I have an order from Midway made last week. I live in Michigan, Midway is in Missouri as we all know. It was shipped via USPS. Why the fuck has my package been sent to Virginia then to Maryland and back to Virginia when it should have already arrived to my house?

My shipments with usps land in town then fly to Orlando to be loaded on a truck to be driven back to town to go through the system then delivered a couple of days later. Maybe a class action is in order.
    we could win and het .51 each.

I'm toying with sending a heritage firearm back to St. Louis area to get a good 'goin through' and I was told, pack it in a pelican or something, then a box around that - Art's Gun Shop. Hell, I'm tempted to make a weekend trip and deliver it by hand.
    USPS registered mail. Each person has to sign for it that touches it. Only way to send important stuff like machine guns and high end thermals

Around here FedEx sucks and UPS is pretty good.

Although one of my last Ammo shipments got lost for a week or 2 at UPS philly and when it arrived it had a dvd from the philly library in it ?????

Last edited:
    All shippers are effectively overloaded right now -- it's worse than Christmas time in many areas... and not just for a month. It's been 5 months. My regular UPS guy went from being a happy, talkative guy who knew my name even if I was on the street to stressed out, quiet, and looking like he just got home from war. Our recycle bins at my place downtown are constantly overfilled because people are buying everything off of Bezos-Rich-A-Thon-Zon. We're getting packages for the building next door, which doesn't have an obvious lobby, the hotel across the street, and we've even gotten a package intended for a home in one of the worst areas of the city. I hand delivered that because it came from 1-800-Pet-Meds and there could be a dog that needed it.

My CZ rifle was FFL'd to my favorite shop in a rural area. It sat in FedEx's distribution center for 4 days before being delivered. The shop was eyeballing the tracking to, they asked the FedEx guy why it took 4 days to last mile it and he said for rural packages they're waiting until they can fill a truck in the area.

Unfortuantly, right now anyway, you can't expect perfection. I'm surprised they're not raising prices to curb demand. They probably can't due to Amazon basically forcing them to lose money.

Well i think that since my package was roughly the size of a pistol box and shipped from masterpiece arms Its probably in a dumpster somewhere when to their surprise it was only some metal weights. ( if i had to guess) not saying thats what happened.

A couple years ago UPS lost a pair of 1 1/2"x 110" shafts I ordered for a piece of farm equipment I was fixing. Tracking info showed they made it to the distribution center in town before disappearing off radar.
    The equipment owner went to the distribution center where he and the manager walked the whole place over looking for them with no luck.
    I placed the order right at the cutoff time for overnight delivery and according to the factory they didnt have time to properly crate them, they just banded them together, wrapped them with shrink wrap and taped the shipping label on.
    They never did turn up and I've always regretted not telling the owner to go back and look in the drainage ditch out back of the distribution yard. I just have a gut feeling that's where they ended up.

Last edited:
    The last two packages from Brown looked so effed up I made the driver witness me opening them for inspection. Neither damaged , shipper skimped on packing material , not sure how the other survived ? The UPS feature where you follow the truck is all fluff , worthless here.
    Last 2 from the Post Office , I’m batting .500. One lightly damaged , the other is still MIA since February. I’m a retired Letter Carrier , I usually use FedEx !!