• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPS "Lost" my Primers!!

sawgunner2001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
About what seems like forever ago, I found 10k Tula SR primers that were in stock at Powder Valley and put in an order. They finally shipped late last week. I've been keeping an eye on the UPS tracking number and they made it all the way to "Out for Delivery." But, they've been "out for delivery" for over two days now. I called UPS and they said, "The fact that they haven't been scanned in over 24 hours concerns me. You need to call the shipper and have them initiate a trace on the package to see what's up with it."

Great. I'm sure Powder Valley has nothing better to do than to fart around with tracking a lost package. I sent 'em an email requesting their assistance.

I'm not so concerned about Powder Valley not assisting me, but rather how long it is going to take to find primers in stock again for them to assist me with. I've still got a few thousand to play with and aren't hurting all THAT bad, but this is UPS's second foul up in as many months when delivering packages to me.

I hate UPS...

Hope the issue is resolved to your satisfaction and SOON!!!

FedEx is no better. I shipped 2 scopes on Monday and while transit time was perfect considering the record snows that happened. The labels were put on the opposite packages.

I filled out the waybill and put each one on the appropriate box but the lady picked them both up, entered the info into the terminal and then proceeded to place the labels on the wrong box.
They are sending out call tags with the drivers tomorrow and reshipping them to the correct address but, what a PITA.

Feb 13 I got a "Sales Invoice" from Powder Valley notifying me the order is about to ship

Feb 19 I got tracking for UPS

Feb 20 Package was sent

Feb 27th I got my package

Chill out sawgunner. You're going to give yourself a coronary. Shipping times have been crippled so although it sucks, just be patient. As you can see it took 6 days for me to get my tracking number and 2 weeks to get my package.

Also, if your package is lost file a chargeback and let PV deal with those monkeys. I have pending orders, back orders, forward orders at almost every place that has primers just because this whole scene sucks. What's also scary is UPS is using USPS for smaller deliveries so when the order is originally picked up by UPS it is then dropped off at a USPS facility for them to deliver.

Last edited:
yea i have had similar issues with ups. Service used to be flawless with them but now "your package was missed at the sort facility" and other issues seem to be common place.
Its not a big deal that the package arrives when it does but they are telling me that it will be the day or two before it actually does so i make plans for that arrival date and when its late it is the real annoyance. They seem to be running into issues with keeping up with their time tables.

hopefully it will get better - but for some reason i don't see that happening. Must be a sign of the times i suppose..

Get your stuff sent to you work. I've never had a problem when shipping things to work. Heck, I have a half hour chat with my driver every afternoon when he comes by to pickup our daily shipments.

Though, people do look at you weird when you carry a box marked explosives through the office.

Get your stuff sent to you work. I've never had a problem when shipping things to work. Heck, I have a half hour chat with my driver every afternoon when he comes by to pickup our daily shipments.

Though, people do look at you weird when you carry a box marked explosives through the office.

Interesting you brought this up. A few days ago on another forum, a guy said he ordered a few AR-15 magazines and had them delivered to his work address. When they were delivered, someone else opened the box and it was brought to the attention of the boss. The boss was not a second amendment supporter and terminated the employee. Depending the State you work in, you can get fired for something like this and have no recourse.

Before you order bullets, powder etc., you should be sure the boss is okay with it.

i used to have all kinds of components delivered to my work address, but the boss was good with it. It was my preferred way of delivery.

Just to point it out, as far as USPS doing final deliveries (for UPS AND FEDEX) that is not an option for hazmat shipments. Therefore that has nothing to do with this situation. I deal with things like this every so often, hopefully it turns up in a dark corner of the terminal. FedEx gets my small package business but it's mostly express, UPS has the ground market covered for the most part. Good luck

Interesting you brought this up. A few days ago on another forum, a guy said he ordered a few AR-15 magazines and had them delivered to his work address. When they were delivered, someone else opened the box and it was brought to the attention of the boss. The boss was not a second amendment supporter and terminated the employee. Depending the State you work in, you can get fired for something like this and have no recourse.

Before you order bullets, powder etc., you should be sure the boss is okay with it.

i used to have all kinds of components delivered to my work address, but the boss was good with it. It was my preferred way of delivery.

Good points, they look at me funny for having explosives. They are 2A supports and a corner of our warehouse is reserved for my bosses duck hunting gear. Also, we have a gun range across the street from us, and we'll go shoot from time to time.

I should mention I receive and sign for all shipments that come through our warehouse, so I can nab my stuff off the dock. However, my boss usually makes me dig out what ever gear I got to look/learn about it.

Well, another day went by and they're "still out for delivery". A kind lady did call from Powder Valley though, which impressed me quite a bit. Essentially, she said if I hadn't received the primers by Tuesday to give her a call and they'd take care of me.

I have nearly everything I order shipped to work. From primers, to gun parts, to school books, it all goes to my work address. It seems to get there faster, and if there is a need for a signature, someone is there.

If a box shows up at your office with hazmat stickers on it I'd make damn sure I cleared it with management first. That would be grounds for termination at just about any company regardless of state. And it only takes 1 person noticing and raising the question as to wth you're doing.

I've personally had great experiences with UPS, Fedex on the other hand has lost/delayed countless packages of mine. I also have most everything sent to my work. It makes working slightly more tolerable knowing my package could show up at any time =)

I have also had a problem with this. I had 1000 rounds of 9mm go "missing" a few months back. Filed a claim with UPS and it magically showed up 2 days later (though the box had been opened, and it was obvious the ammo had been removed and then hastily stuffed back in. Not saying the guy stole it.... but if i were a betting man, I would put money on it

I have also had a problem with this. I had 1000 rounds of 9mm go "missing" a few months back. Filed a claim with UPS and it magically showed up 2 days later (though the box had been opened, and it was obvious the ammo had been removed and then hastily stuffed back in. Not saying the guy stole it.... but if i were a betting man, I would put money on it

Or it got delivered to the wrong address by mistake. Person opened the "strange" package, saw it wasn't his, and called UPS to pick it up. Might have figured it was just a part of the rest of the shipment he/she received.

Only complaint I have with UPS is that their delivery person comes too f-ing late in the day where I live. Sometimes after 6 PM.

Only complaint I have with UPS is that their delivery person comes too f-ing late in the day where I live. Sometimes after 6 PM.

Yeah... been wondering that myself. When we lived out in the country, our house was literally one of the last ones on their loop out there, so I almost never saw them before 1500, and sometimes as late as 1900.

Moved into town and thought that would improve... but if anything, the 'average' delivery time is even later.

I always have everything sent to my office because things arrive earlier to businesses and it isn't left at my door step for the crack head next door to steal.

Yup! Business delivery is the safer bet IME as well. Glad you covered your butt there.

Also, for some odd reason it's often cheaper to ship with UPS to business addresses.
I have no clue why this is so, but it's worth checking prices for your home addy vs biz addy during checkout.

Hope it works out for you SG!

Last edited:
"If a box shows up at your office with hazmat stickers on it I'd make damn sure I cleared it with management first. That would be grounds for termination at just about any company regardless of state. And it only takes 1 person noticing and raising the question as to wth you're doing."

Jesus what tight butt company do you work for? We all carry guns where I work and every other car in the parking lot has another gun in it.

Or it got delivered to the wrong address by mistake. Person opened the "strange" package, saw it wasn't his, and called UPS to pick it up. Might have figured it was just a part of the rest of the shipment he/she received.

UPS did that to me once, delivered stuff to a house I hadn't lived in for years.

I'm guessing you had the same UPS driver that was doing final delivery on the 12 pack of DogfishHead Punk Ale I shipped to one of my buddies in November. As soon as it made it "out for delivery" it was "package damaged -- contents destroyed", which I believe to be 'deliveryspeak' for "Product CONSUMED"...

To update...the primers never did come. Called Powder Valley and they started a claim with UPS. UPS ended up paying on their claim and Powder Valley sent another 10k primers to me that arrived on Thursday.