• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPS Thieves

Just curious, when the second barrel showed up, did you ship it back to the seller or call them and ask them if UPS had paid them for it or if they were out the money & would like it back / like it paid for if you wanted to keep it?
sending "junk mail" and demanding customers "return it" is technically illegal (or at least it used to be)

sending "junk mail" and demanding customers "return it" is technically illegal (or at least it used to be)

So what you are saying is:
If you claim a package gets lost and you want a replacement sent, if you wind up getting both packages you are perfectly happy to just say tough luck all mine screw everybody & don't bother trying to get it back bitches, I don't care if you lost money, I don't care if you are out the product twice because the carrier refused the insurance claim since they actually eventually delivered it. All mine that, honesty thing that's only for others.

And no you are actually wrong.
You are trying to use old rules that you couldn't send someone something completely unsolicited and demand payment for it, to justify dishonest theft.
You directly solicited the shipment of the original item, you directly demanded a shipment of a second item based on not having received the first one.
Very different scenarios. I guess honesty wasn't your thing.
If you filed a statement saying you didn't get a package and demanding a refund or replacement, that you get.
The seller has every right to require you to return the first one if they so wish if you get both.

But of course you wouldn't be interested in actually being honest would you?

That's pretty much the EXACT reason you have to wait before sending a replacement until all the trace work is done and the package is declared lost by the carrier and you are able to file a claim.

Because, well people like you...

A decent person would actually contact the seller, offer to ship it back perfectly unopened, or pay them for it if they wanted it.
But like I've pointed out above, buyers seem to be happy to be dishonest all they want.

Oh and how we've dealt with folks like you....
File a police report for fraud and theft if local, send it to an aggressive collection agency if distant.
Most eventually understand they aren't getting to keep stuff for free that they didn't pay for.

I am not sure if I told this story here before or not, if I did and you know of it sorry.

Storytime:

You guys know I do "vintage" firearms a bit, I had bought something from rocki sland or morphy several years ago. The packages come UPS with adult signature required. I come home from work and find this:
1677782186057.png

Yup there is a rifle in there.

To say I was hot is an understatement. Long story short, I drive 60 miles one way to the UPS depot and ask to speak to the manager, not a manager but THE manager. I now admit when I saw the manager I did not hope for much, but I could not be more incorrect. The girl that was the manager was mid 20's at the oldest, and you could tell she was a farm girl. She asks how she can help me and I show her the photo I attached. The only thing she said was please tell me that is not a gun. Sorry I can't do that. She then said I will take care of it and you will never have that problem again. I left at that.

You get people sometimes you just know they are going to take care of things, this cute little 20 something was one of those people, if she was 5' tall I would be shocked.

Funny I have told this story twice today, wonder if they are having issues with this.

I'm dealing with an insurance claim with USPS right now. It's stupid how the people who investigate the claim are employed by the same company who stole my items. Total conflict of interest, the system is rigged.

Had issues with FedEx a while back. We had a number of incidents at our business where a package showed in tracking as "delivered" that were not delivered. It would show up later in the day or, on a couple of occasions, the next day.

What I was told was that they weren't giving extra batteries to the drivers for their scanners to prevent theft of batteries. The driver would have to drive back to the hub to swap out the batteries for fresh ones. Drivers would get a low battery warning and quickly scan everything left for the day as "delivered" and them proceed to deliver them. Absurd - and FedEx (and DHL) are the best options in our experience. USPS and UPS the absolute worst.

Had issues with FedEx a while back. We had a number of incidents at our business where a package showed in tracking as "delivered" that were not delivered. It would show up later in the day or, on a couple of occasions, the next day.

What I was told was that they weren't giving extra batteries to the drivers for their scanners to prevent theft of batteries. The driver would have to drive back to the hub to swap out the batteries for fresh ones. Drivers would get a low battery warning and quickly scan everything left for the day as "delivered" and them proceed to deliver them. Absurd - and FedEx (and DHL) are the best options in our experience. USPS and UPS the absolute worst.
I get a lot of deliveries for my business. This is why I have multiple cams set up. Just had a new young female Wyoming Game Warden neighbor hassle me about my “spy cams” , one of which is a video doorbell. Too freakin bad. I have $1000 of dollars of packages coming and going and I am protecting myself whether you like it or not…..

I get a lot of deliveries for my business. This is why I have multiple cams set up. Just had a new young female Wyoming Game Warden neighbor hassle me about my “spy cams” , one of which is a video doorbell. Too freakin bad. I have $1000 of dollars of packages coming and going and I am protecting myself whether you like it or not…..
We get a lot of deliveries too but they go to the front office or to the dock - no concern with theft at the business - just never sure where things are or when they'll arrive.

Glad the OP got his delivery!

This was long before covid, we caught a UPS driver stealing laptops. I don't mean 1 laptop, I mean dozens. I worked in IT for a growing company, we would order 10 plus laptops a month. Always from the same seller. The packages had the UPS high value mark on them so the driver knew.

I am not going to go into fine details because this driver had an amazing scam running that went on for 6 months or more before we helped the UPS security people bust the guy. The tracking number for the packages he stole ALWAYS had a delivery signature with the way he was running this scam. The signature was from our receptionist (no she was not in on it, UPS driver scammed her too) and looked legit

The retailer we were buying laptops from was a long term business partner, together we all setup the driver on multiple shipments.

When UPS internal security finally had enough hard evidence to bust the driver, they caught him with over $100k in stolen merchandise in a storage unit. He went to jail, and UPS security learned about a serious flaw in their system (I am not even sure they had way to fix it or ever fixed it).

Had the driver not been stupid greedy, he probably could have stolen a few laptops, stopped and walked away and never got caught

Reactions: Maggot
Wow! I have to offer my apologies to UPS and Bruno's. I just magically received an email from UPS saying my rifle will be delivered tomorrow. :oops: I'll believe it when it is delivered. When the shipper says your package is in a distribrution center for 7 days and has no proof it ever left one can only assume the worst. I was so depressed that I ordered a Colt Gold Cup Trophy in .45ACP to boost my spirits. When I posted I was sure I would never see this rifle. I've never been so happy to be wrong. Thanks again for all the replies.

Hold hard and shoot center. All the best.
It is my understanding that there have been some weather issues in California. Nit only that, sometimes drivers/loaders miss or forget to scan an item onto the truck or plane.
Damn humans.

I wish that just one time a representative from the government would hassle me about my cameras . . . just one time.

We could talk about stop light cameras, speed cameras, toll road cameras, courthouse cameras, and a whole bunch of other cameras.

It is my understanding that there have been some weather issues in California. Nit only that, sometimes drivers/loaders miss or forget to scan an item onto the truck or plane.
Damn humans.

And sometimes they send them to the wrong location. For example, the holster that should have been here Monday has passed by my house twice now and has hit every distribution center in region...but I'm sure it will be here any day now.

This was long before covid, we caught a UPS driver stealing laptops. I don't mean 1 laptop, I mean dozens. I worked in IT for a growing company, we would order 10 plus laptops a month. Always from the same seller. The packages had the UPS high value mark on them so the driver knew.

I am not going to go into fine details because this driver had an amazing scam running that went on for 6 months or more before we helped the UPS security people bust the guy. The tracking number for the packages he stole ALWAYS had a delivery signature with the way he was running this scam. The signature was from our receptionist (no she was not in on it, UPS driver scammed her too) and looked legit

The retailer we were buying laptops from was a long term business partner, together we all setup the driver on multiple shipments.

When UPS internal security finally had enough hard evidence to bust the driver, they caught him with over $100k in stolen merchandise in a storage unit. He went to jail, and UPS security learned about a serious flaw in their system (I am not even sure they had way to fix it or ever fixed it).

Had the driver not been stupid greedy, he probably could have stolen a few laptops, stopped and walked away and never got caught

We had something along those lines happen at my first "computer" job. This is back in 82-83, and I worked for a company called Amerisource, later called itself Business Land. It was in Overland Park KS, and many in that area thought.....well still think of themselves as "players". Cocaine was fairly common, and the top sales dude and manager always wired.

They hired a 20-something guy there as well, to basically watch us kids, they had a couple high school kids that would help the sales guy deliver, and upgrade the PC's. My first job there was populating AST 6 pak cards to 640k and install them in Compaq 1's.
1678454842722.png

This is back when this machine was $3k, stick a 10MB hard disk in there and this card in there and it was a $4k computer. When you sell 100 to Lee jeans that is one hell of a comission check.

The guy that was our boss, this 20 something kid took care of all the orders, and rec of all the product. Things started to vanish....not show up, lost in shipping. I went over to his apartment and you could not walk in there for all the new IBM PC's Compaq's, Altos....on and on, think hoarder full. Where did you get all this stuff, oh I buy direct from the factory and then resell them. Ahh ok.

Long story short OP PD came by one day and took the top sales guy, the manager and this dude away, now I know where all the money for the coke came from.

Reactions: Bender
I wish that just one time a representative from the government would hassle me about my cameras . . . just one time.

We could talk about stop light cameras, speed cameras, toll road cameras, courthouse cameras, and a whole bunch of other cameras.
She’s a newly sworn Connecticut woke-ster imported by Wyoming Game and Fish. Fast-tracked 22(+or-) year old with a badge and a gun on a power trip. Apparently she is so important that she might burst into flames if a camera accidentally catches her walking to her vehicle.

She was pissed because I kicked her guests out of my driveway (two occasions). Unbeknownst to me, parking wherever the hell you want and blocking people’s driveway is an entitlement of off-duty Wyoming game and fish. Like a typical female every perceived transgression is brought up from time immemorial…..

@Max

Happy to drive up and shoot, then hang out and really drive her nuts with you if ya want. 😎

Chick better watch Deliverance if she thinks accosting some methheads out shooting is gonna work out for her.
Or read up on Matthew Shepard (a methhead killed over a drug deal, NOT because he was gay as they want people to believe).
Im not advocating violence against her and she aint a clue what she doin it sounds like.

Also, good thing the OP didnt file a CC dispute and screw over the shipper eh?

Morons

She was pissed because I kicked her guests out of my driveway (two occasions). Unbeknownst to me, parking wherever the hell you want and blocking people’s driveway is an entitlement of off-duty Wyoming game and fish.
Really? That's Parking Enforcement, she's not a meter-maid. How would Game and Fish know those rules and regs..... :LOL: :LOL:

She’s a newly sworn Connecticut woke-ster imported by Wyoming Game and Fish. Fast-tracked 22(+or-) year old with a badge and a gun on a power trip. Apparently she is so important that she might burst into flames if a camera accidentally catches her walking to her vehicle.

She was pissed because I kicked her guests out of my driveway (two occasions). Unbeknownst to me, parking wherever the hell you want and blocking people’s driveway is an entitlement of off-duty Wyoming game and fish. Like a typical female every perceived transgression is brought up from time immemorial…..

What a cunt

Reactions: 232593

Put a 'boot' on one of their tires. Have it posted that 'unauthorized parking is subject to a fee' because yours is PRIVATE property.

They want the boot off, they pay a grand. A day..... cash.

Really? That's Parking Enforcement, she's not a meter-maid. How would Game and Fish know those rules and regs..... :LOL: :LOL:
Apparently the only time Wyo Game and Fish are sticklers for boundaries is when they have their noses stuck up some ranchers ass……

Anyway did not intent to hijack this thread.

Just curious, when the second barrel showed up, did you ship it back to the seller or call them and ask them if UPS had paid them for it or if they were out the money & would like it back / like it paid for if you wanted to keep it?
All parties were informed...

Let’s hope she gets eaten by a bear.