• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

urban sniper vs. urban counter sniper

vendetta333

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2011
hey all. im planning on postingthis in the bolt action thread aswell, but my basic question is this: what, if any, is/are the differences between an urban sniper set-up vs. an urban <span style="font-style: italic">counter</span> sniper set-up? i mean what attributes would lend a set-up to one task over the other? or any sniper v. counter sniper set-up for that matter. thanx to all, hope this isnt a stupid question.

Re: urban sniper vs. urban counter sniper

Are you a "sniper"? If not then don't worry about it and buy the precision rifle that fits your needs.

DAMN, working so I can't have beer and popcorn
mad.gif

This is an awesome question and I can't wait to here what some of the oldschool members have to say. Haha, good luck buddy

Paging BoltRipper....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vendetta333</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey all. im planning on postingthis in the bolt action thread aswell, but my basic question is this: what, if any, is/are the differences between an urban sniper set-up vs. an urban <span style="font-style: italic">counter</span> sniper set-up? i mean what attributes would lend a set-up to one task over the other? or any sniper v. counter sniper set-up for that matter. thanx to all, hope this isnt a stupid question.</div></div>

you can't edit now
smile.gif

Seriously! How many rifles do you think snipers have? Usually one and you use it for every task. If you have a rifle go out and shoot it and if you don't go out buy one and then ask serious questions to further excel in precision shooting.

If you want to be a sniper join the military or become LE.

well the counter sniper set up has a counter sniper scope on it thats a gimme, and a urban sniper setup is sporting an NC Star day/night scope.

how I does it is when I'm setting up my counter sniper class on COD Black Ops is get a super long range RPK but what ya do is mount a thermal scope on it so as to pick out those rascally countersnipers before they find me generally laying on the hood of a truck.

a MUST in successful urban sniping operations is to equip claymores and place them to yer rear, but ensure its about at yer feet so if a countersniper ninja sneaks up it blows you both up, thats VERY snipery.

Next is to ensure you have Ghost perk( found at local true value store) so the ninji countersnipers cant see you on said truck hood

as a secondary, and this is KEY, make sure you have an RPG, this way you can attack unsuspecting countersnipers with uber dreadful rocketfire.

lastly ensure your RPK is custom camo'd in a red motif, this screams that yer a true killer and sends shock waves of fear through the NON Prestige'd NOOBS

oh and i almost forgot, you're not a true urban sniper unless your player card has some sort of vagina on it

Don't listen to these guys. It's all about the optics and the ability to range while you're ranging:
ff8evb.jpg

Sir,

I am sorry no one is actively posting to your question.

this is how I roll.

Counter Sniper:

Rifle = <span style="font-weight: bold">BFG-50A</span> This system has been under development for a long time does a good job.
Optic = <span style="font-weight: bold">Counter Sniper</span> yeah
Ammo = <span style="font-weight: bold"> Tracer</span>
Detection tool= <span style="font-weight: bold">Shot finder</span>
Bi-pod = <span style="font-weight: bold">Caldwell</span>
rings = <span style="font-weight: bold">DuraSight</span>

Now thats it for the counter guy.

for the urban sniper is much more simpler

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2010/08/urban-varmint-rifle.html

Do to OPSEC I can not get in to training, and how to deploy for both jobs.

I hope you understand.

hope that helps some.

John

Beringer has given everything one needs for counter-sniper work. Watch and learn, young grasshopper.

is my urban sniping/counter sniping rig. Depending on what team I get placed on.

I also use it for insurgent dove and duck sniping......but not snipe sniping. That would just be ridiculous.

scattergun-urban-sniper.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beringer has given everything one needs for counter-sniper work. Watch and learn, young grasshopper. </div></div>

I would say Enemy At The Gates was a better example.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vendetta333</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey all. im planning on postingthis in the bolt action thread aswell, but my basic question is this: what, if any, is/are the differences between an urban sniper set-up vs. an urban <span style="font-style: italic">counter</span> sniper set-up? i mean what attributes would lend a set-up to one task over the other? or any sniper v. counter sniper set-up for that matter. thanx to all, hope this isnt a stupid question.</div></div>
Counter Sniper uses bait...
wink.gif

I can't believe this type of well thought out question has led to this kind of response. I am appalled...hey, my popcorn just fell on the dirty floor- 5 second rule is in effect. Yummy!

I am glad someone finally asked an operational specific question. It seems there is not enough real Operator info here.

To answer the question, the core equipment is pretty much the same. The only real difference is camo, this entails packing two sets of Krylon in your pack. One set of colors for Sniperificating and one set for Counteristic Snipisterizing.

Deploy with your rifle Kryloned for one mission and be ready to repaint if you have to switch roles.

Now, go forth and kick ass.

I know it seems obvious but with a counter-sniper rig a "Counter Sniper" scope is a must.

countersniper.jpg

Not so obvious is the fact that pistols are better suited for counter-sniper work. This scope mounted on a 6" .357 revolver would make for a compact ass kicking counter sniper rig. Best of luck and keep us posted.

PS - I mean look at all those knobs, that has got to kick ass.

The difference between an urban sniper and an urban <span style="font-style: italic">counter</span> sniper is that one practices at 1400 yd with a can of Dinty Moore beef stew. The other uses Chef Boyardee Beefaroni. It's a pretty clear distinction.

No counter sniper setup is complete without one of these:
The Precision, Pump Action, Perimeter Protection & Patrolling Projectile Pusher. We call it the TPPAPP&PPP for short.

Picture005.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vendetta333</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey all. <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">im planning on postingthis in the bolt action thread aswell</span></span>, but my basic question is this: what, if any, is/are the differences between an urban sniper set-up vs. an urban <span style="font-style: italic">counter</span> sniper set-up? i mean what attributes would lend a set-up to one task over the other? or any sniper v. counter sniper set-up for that matter. thanx to all, hope this isnt a stupid question.</div></div>

you can't edit now
smile.gif
</div></div>

Can't edit out the intent to crosspost, either. Any popcorn left?

^^^ think thats the hottest thing I've ever seen! I'm wrastling my boner right meow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> as a secondary, and this is KEY, make sure you have an RPG, this way you can attack unsuspecting countersnipers with uber dreadful rocketfire.</div></div>

Unsuspecting countersnipers. Uber dreadful rocketfire. Thank you for that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/6/128861342472426235.jpg </div></div>

What? No "Tubgirl Surprise"? </div></div>

All yours, buddy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/6/128861342472426235.jpg </div></div>

What? No "Tubgirl Surprise"? </div></div>

All yours, buddy. </div></div>

Nah, that's okay. I like my gravy from time to time on mashed taters, and she kind of puts me off them, you know?

Is posting a question like this a banning offense?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
128861342472426235.jpg
</div></div>
Why are cats always Asian??? That's what I want to know...

grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vendetta333</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey all. im planning on postingthis in the bolt action thread aswell, but my basic question is this: what, if any, is/are the differences between an urban sniper set-up vs. an urban <span style="font-style: italic">counter</span> sniper set-up? i mean what attributes would lend a set-up to one task over the other? or any sniper v. counter sniper set-up for that matter. thanx to all, hope this isnt a stupid question. </div></div>

Theres_The_Door.jpg

OK, say you are minding your own business, sniping, and a bad guy starts countersniping you. What can you do to counter a countersniper?

Somebody pass me some popcorn.

edited to add: I live in the suburbs, so how does urban counter countersniping apply to me?

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> OK, say you are minding your own business, sniping, and a bad guy starts countersniping you. What can you do to counter a countersniper?

Somebody pass me some popcorn.

edited to add: I live in the suburbs, so how does urban counter countersniping apply to me?

Jim </div></div>

Dont be a retard...you cant triple stamp a double stamp

Besides...you live in the suburbs...that means you need to read about suburban countersniping snipers.
Zach-hangover.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">edited to add: I live in the suburbs, so how does urban counter countersniping apply to me?

Jim </div></div>

Well, Jim, if you live close enough to the city, and find yourself going back and forth across the city line with an urban countersniper, I suppose that would mean that you were a sniper targeting urban targets, but then you'd have to kill all of us here in this thread and then scatter our remains, right?

Just sayin' ...

laugh.gif