• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Urban SWAT

Terry Cross

Dingleberry
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2003
Alexandria, LA 71303
www.kmwlrs.com
Just finished a group of rifles that the customer wanted to work well around concrete.
I figured out a few things I will do different if tasked with this again but I thought it was a decent first try.

3-12a-2011007.jpg

3-12-2011011.jpg

3-12a-2011006.jpg

3-12a-2011005.jpg

I talked the customer into specifying the sucky TAB sling. I will need to get Tony to buy some grey webbing next time. . . .

Re: Urban SWAT

holy crapola...there is a hole in that stock....right behind the trigger thingie....is that a factory blem?

Believe it or not John, they are 21" barrels. They do look a bit short in the photos. I hope Susan and her family are doing better. We were all thinking about her during their difficult time.

Specs:
8 rifles total. All .308Win with Match chambers.
Surgeon M591
Timney Triggers at 3#
Krieger 1-11" Special contour. Starts as an MTU at the breech and shuts down to 1.090" to float through the NV mount. Then picks up the original MTU line, then jumps down to 0.775" for the SF adapter. All of this done prior to rifling.
KMW stock, bottom metal and NV mount.
2 tone CeraKote.
MP3 Plus coating on firing pin, bolt body and cocking piece.

They be shooting small.

Yeah Scott. I have a deal with McMillan where I get all of their stocks that have huge voids in the rear for $1.00 off List Price. Works out good for both parties. . . . .
smile.gif

Wow. I'm in love. What would the price be for us normal folk on an identical build? How long of a wait on the build? This is truly a beauty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah Scott. I have a deal with McMillan where I get all of their stocks that have huge voids in the rear for $1.00 off List Price. Works out good for both parties. . . . .
smile.gif

</div></div>LOL! That'll be the day.
laugh.gif

Looks good Terry. I am sure that 308 Win Match shoots as good as mine, you build a hell of a gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">holy crapola...there is a hole in that stock....right behind the trigger thingie....is that a factory blem? </div></div>

You can make those with a holesaw...duh!
laugh.gif

Does anyone know how to get one of those stocks?!

Thanks.

I didn't post to drum up business. I am very blessed to be able to keep me and my small shop busy.

Rather than posting a reply here, I would encourage you to go to my web address when you are really, really bored. Most of your answers can be found in one place or another there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can make those with a holesaw...duh!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Ahhh. Yes but most people don't know you have to position the holesaw at exactly 11 degrees per side cause that is the most accurate.. . . . . you know, just like benchrest muzzles.