• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns US Border Patrol Selects New Handgun

At the time I was told 24 months, which was the main reason I ended up passing in the offer. Even with LEAP I make more now and don't have to roll around with shit again and scum all day. I did my interview with some agents out of Harrisburg airport and they are the ones who A. Recommended me for the hire and .B told me about the time on the SB. Not like you need to learn Spanish to guard the snow Mexicans anyway.

No, but you need to learn how to do the job. And the southern border is the place to do it. The volume of traffic is pretty immense right now, and has been for many years. You either sink or swim down here now. South Texas is getting their asses wrecked. Some days Rio Grand is over 1200 illegal aliens apprehended in one day. The northern border in its entirety doesn't app that many in 2 years... fuck, probably 5 years.

Reactions: Snuby642
No, but you need to learn how to do the job. And the southern border is the place to do it. The volume of traffic is pretty immense right now, and has been for many years. You either sink or swim down here now. South Texas is getting their asses wrecked. Some days Rio Grand is over 1200 illegal aliens apprehended in one day. The northern border in its entirety doesn't app that many in 2 years... fuck, probably 5 years.
Yes the whole reason I applied was the president at the time opened the NB and you didn't have to work the SB for years before you could move up. The district I got hired too was mostly horseback patrol in the mountains and sounded awesome. There was nothing in the apps, documentation or communication that stated I would need 24 months on the SB before being assigned to my duty station until the I interview which was almost a year Into the hiring process. Felt like a bait and switch.

24 months of eating sb dirt / shit will show commitment. Kind of like being in a war zone but with worse rules of engagement.

You make nb duty sound like a dream job, less the cold maybe.

Are there Mexican restaurants up there? A foil wrapped burrito in each pocket makes a good hand warmer.lol

The south Americans are changing our texmex.

Last edited:
The new tactics of overwhelming the border and giving up, instead of sneaking in and running seems a lot worse to me.

I live in North Texas and things have changed a lot.

Appears our agents and le are swamped as well.
Effects every thing.

The damn border needs shut and put into control badly.
Commerce can be delt with separately.

24 months of eating sb dirt / shit will show commitment. Kind of like being in a war zone but with worse rules of engagement.

You make nb duty sound like a dream job, less the cold maybe.

Are there Mexican restaurants up there? A foil wrapped burrito in each pocket makes a good hand warmer.lol

The south Americans are changing our texmex.
Compared to most fed le jobs it would be. Even being a 1811 blows in most agencies now. Bunch of political bullshit to deal with. At least being at small Outpost station in the middle of nowhere will insulate that a bit. The closer to DC, the worse it is.

Reactions: Snuby642
Maybe it's time for the citizenry to take border matters into its own hands. To include dealing with the press.

Remember boys and girls, the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting the press. It lays no such restraint on private citizens.

it is OUR border, after all.

Make the reporters live in border towns for a year before they get to open thier mouth.

That will shut thier liberal yap!

I'm out I SDC, we are supposed to be some of the last ones. Might be time to start running quals with the UMPs to burn through some ammo quicker rofl

Oh I agree, it's a poor carpenter that blames his tools

My experience with shooting is mostly 1911s and highpower/CZ clones. I kinda cheat with them and get the triggers as light and crisp as possible. I qualify marksman or expert with my P2000s LEM depending on how much I care that day.

The reason why I say the trigger is garbage is because it takes, IMHO of course, an undue amount of concentration to have a good trigger press. I realize that a duty gun isn't going to have the same trigger as my Tanfoglio or my 1911s. But he LEM trigger is pretty abysmal. I would have 100% rather had the standard DA/SA trigger group in it. The gen5 glock trigger is nothing stellar either, but it isn't nearly as bad IMHO as the LEM. The less someone has to focuse on the trigger, the more then can keep that sight alignment.

For reference, I shoot USPSA, 3 gun, and i used to shoot pistol team PPC. PPC is hard at 50 yards, i tried it once with a LEM P2000, it was hilariously bad. Back to back with my tanfo, and my score jumped like 300 points or something.

If you just polish the oem trigger it makes a huge difference in crispness, not sure if thats acceptable in a duty gun. All my glocks have oem polished triggers, do not want a potential liability of a modified trigger if I should end up in a court of law.

Last edited:
If you just polish the oem trigger it makes a huge difference in crispness, not sure if thats acceptable in a duty gun. All my glocks have oem polished triggers, do not want a potential liability of a modified trigger if I should end up in a court of law.

Can't touch the guns in that way. About the only thing allowed is grip tape on them and a weapon light, but only if you've had the weapon light class, cuz I've been shooting fir 30 years and dont know how to attach a light to a gun.

The gun is good as a duty gun. I shot a qual today actually. 346 out of 360. I dropped a few points from 25 yards. Not terrible, about average for me. But I just prefer guns with better triggers.

Reactions: jff_stvns
I shot a Gen 5 Glock 19 yesterday. At first glance the Ameriglow slights looked a bit too tall. After having hands on it & few rounds down range, I think the tall front sight is genius! It forces the shooter to take advantage of the Glock’s forward angle to drive the pistol toward the target.

Three of us shot a smaller than fist-sized group at 15 yards. All rounds were center mass except the called head shots. To be quite honest it is a boring pistol w/ boring accuracy.

*After the transition, a 350 will be no more special than a 320, LOL.

I shot a Gen 5 Glock 19 yesterday. At first glance the Ameriglow slights looked a bit too tall. After having hands on it & few rounds down range, I think the tall front sight is genius! It forces the shooter to take advantage of the Glock’s forward angle to drive the pistol toward the target.

Three of us shot a smaller than fist-sized group at 15 yards. All rounds were center mass except the called head shots. To be quite honest it is a boring pistol w/ boring accuracy.

*After the transition, a 350 will be no more special than a 320, LOL.

I hope they do a tall silencer set of iron sights. It really helps with optics to pick up the red dot with pistols, especially for people that may not have used red dots on pistols before. Hopefully they test optics and give us a list soon. I would be down to roll with an optic. It's almost like cheating.

Good luck proving that you polished something or a spring wasn’t there when you got the weapon issued to you.

Just sayin......

Good luck proving that you polished something or a spring wasn’t there when you got the weapon issued to you.

Just sayin......

If you use your weapon in the line of duty, or discharge it by accident, they send it to our training HQ and have an armored do a scientific dissection on it. If its found to be modified outside of normal issue parameters, you are indeed fucked. Or that is my understanding of our use of force policy.

If you use your weapon in the line of duty, or discharge it by accident, they send it to our training HQ and have an armored do a scientific dissection on it. If its found to be modified outside of normal issue parameters, you are indeed fucked. Or that is my understanding of our use of force policy.

Haha.

1: they would have to be able to show you made the modification

2: at worst it’s a policy violation. It doesn’t change whether or not you were legally justified to particular force

Typical scare tactics. Just like the “if you do anything all while on probation, you’re fired.”

Reactions: Sierra770
Isn’t polished just a fancy word for clean? Can I not vigorously clean my trigger parts until they are shiny and smooth?

Reactions: Dthomas3523
Isn’t polished just a fancy word for clean? Can I not vigorously clean my trigger parts until they are shiny and smooth?

Yep. Again. All scare tactics.

“Don’t use your taser, too big a liability”

“The service will hang you out to dry for anything”

Etc etc.

I have known 5 agents that accounted for 6 different shootings. No weapon ever went back to Harpers.

I have known 5 agents that accounted for 6 different shootings. No weapon ever went back to Harpers.

My understanding was that is it supposed to. But the way this agency does things, wouldn't surprise me if it didn't. If it's used as deadly force, FBI has jurisdiction as far as I understand. And if you ND into a locker or a car, and say the weapon went off on it's own, you are going to have it go back for sure. I haven't had to test either luckily.

But this agency also has a history of doing stupid shit. So I hope I don't ever have to test that out.

My understanding was that is it supposed to. But the way this agency does things, wouldn't surprise me if it didn't. If it's used as deadly force, FBI has jurisdiction as far as I understand. And if you ND into a locker or a car, and say the weapon went off on it's own, you are going to have it go back for sure. I haven't had to test either luckily.

But this agency also has a history of doing stupid shit. So I hope I don't ever have to test that out.

I don’t recall this at all in the UOF handbook.

Several agencies will have jurisdiction including state agencies. Non of them could give a shit if the weapon is modified (or even if it was an issued firearm) as they deal will what’s legal, not what’s policy.

If anything it’ll sit in an evidence locker somewhere.

I don’t recall this at all in the UOF handbook.

Several agencies will have jurisdiction including state agencies. Non of them could give a shit if the weapon is modified (or even if it was an issued firearm) as they deal will what’s legal, not what’s policy.

If anything it’ll sit in an evidence locker somewhere.

Yea I dunno. I'm sure it's in the slides they show us before every qual, during the safety brief... that I never pay attention to. I'm like that kid in little league that is spinning around doing jumping jacks with his glove on his head. Either way, it doesnt matter right now. I haven't seen the outside of our processing/detention area for months.

Well I’ve shot 2 quals with the 47 and really like it. 360 and a 358. Follow up shots are a lot faster and easier to keep in the 5 ring. I liked the HK so I was skeptical with the change over but so far I like it. Not a big fan of the mag release but that my just take some time.