• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US Navy uses 40,000lb explosive to test warship

The calculus I hear against carriers makes some assumptions that border on the incredible
  • You're not going to lose all hands if a carrier gets hit unless the magazine takes a direct hit. Chances of that: pretty slim
  • I never see anyone take into account losses taken by your opponent before weapons launch. Everyone seems to think that a CSG will always be on the defensive.
  • Where in the equation are force multipliers like network-distributed shooters, AI in combat systems, and directed energy weapons (true these are not mature but still)
  • Defense against maneuvering hypersonic threats is something being developed right now: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...attempt-to-swat-down-a-mock-hypersonic-weapon
The carrier will sink. Where are you going to put 5000 people? They only carry half the needed life rafts to begin with. And we're talking more than just taking a single hit; think on the order of 10 or more hits, simultaneously. It'll sink...fast.

Do you think we'll strike first? LOL! ...Therefore, yes, we will be on a defensive posture.

Have you seen the state of "network distributed shooters"? Combat systems can't even talk to any other system; it's isolated...on purpose. Nevermind A2AD/ROWC2.

LOL! Yeah, I read that article too. If you read between the lines, and understand current systems you'll know how much bullshit and "hit the 'I believe' button" assumptions they're making.

You are clearly demonstrating a lack of current knowledge. There's a reason they're even attempting to use an SM-6 for something it was not initially designed for; our Navy is so out of date, it's scaring the crap out of people (including the Navy leadership).

This was not a plan to sink or even test that thing. US Navy was interested in fish harvesting, free style...

Hey hold on buddy I think that is a Rus thing........

You are much safer over here now Comrade.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6.5SH
Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., expressed concern about the U.S. Navy's ability to take on China in battle Tuesday on the heels of a new military report detailing a culture of bureaucracy that has shifted away from warfighting. Cotton joined "America Reports" to discuss the study that he helped commission.

• Angry
Reactions: Davo308
Hey hold on buddy I think that is a Rus thing........

You are much safer over here now Comrade.

I don't have any experience with grenades, but how are either of those guys able to stand after that blast?

Not only did the Navy test the aircraft carrier they were also testing to find weak condo foundations in Florida with the 3.9 magnitude after shock.

• Wow
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
i love that china is building big ships

its a drain on the economy, its not only a huge amount of money to build but a huge amount of money to keep going

china and the us both are not going to push for a full scale naval engagement

so the ability of china to project power at a minimum allow the conflict to become a proxy war like vietnam was between us and russia

although a disaster/waste that proxy war kept WW3 "cold"

Lovely. A new target...

Just spread a rumor to their higher-ups that there is a case of COVID on board... They'll weld the crew into their quarters and starve them for 3+ weeks. They actually did that when some of their land based PLA installations got COVID cases earlier this year. 4 week lockdown with only shitty and low quality MREs as sustenance. Huge E-Coli and cholera outbreak resulting in many service personnel dead. Soldiers' families warned to hush up and not talk to media.

Ok all will not be but I should have said @XLR 308 because I think he is talking out his ass.

I was in the union long enough to see everything.
I have bennifited from them and also sold out by them.

When people talk shit about them without any experience it's just bullshit.

They're useless now.

Why can I pay my guys more money, charge less, and get it done faster under the same QC?

Last job I was on I had more and better tools than the 150 union guys on site combined. They were playing cribbage while I busted my ass. I got my job done and left. The entire time taking shit about how I was a scab, but I was doing a job they refused.
I also held licenses in the state, while they were using unlicensed labor under a special "temp worker" clause.

They don't give a shit about the workers, only the dues they collect.

The only thing the unions are now is a shell to house the pyramid scheme that the pensions are.

You pull up shit a year old and talk shit about unions. You're a funny guy.

You probably never been in one like my post stated.

You operate a crew and come in and scab at operations that union work built up in the first place.

You didn't set up the jobs, infrastructure or anything.

You're not worth union scale pay.
At most you would be considered a temporary hire that will be disposed of. Temp workers are normally paid more than they are worth because it's a temp gig with no chance of longevity or seniority.

You keep your job by kissing the bosses ass.

Last edited:
If and when the real SHTF I'd wager carriers will be gone very quickly. Too big a target for air or sub-surface opponents.
I mean look at what the USN accomplished at the battle of Midway with 1940's technology.
IMO these super carriers, while great at projecting force in a not full out war, will be nothing but big fricking floating targets if it gets real.

Last edited:
Isn't that why carriers travel in a group with supporting ships to protect each other?

I'm guessing that most of the anti union sentiment comes from people who never worked in a union job or were fired.

I have 35 years worth of opinion vested in a union job.

Most of the problem there was caused by unqualified managment and non union workers crying about their pay and benefits .

So if you don't have that T-shirt STFU.
As someone who "has the t-shirt" there is alot of truth to some of the anti-union sentiment. The original premise of it was great. Safer conditions and better pay. Sadly it's become like our government....graft and corruption with the people at the top selling out the members.
Haven't you ever wondered why the union supports the democrats while most of the working hands lean conservative??

As someone who "has the t-shirt" there is alot of truth to some of the anti-union sentiment. The original premise of it was great. Safer conditions and better pay. Sadly it's become like our government....graft and corruption with the people at the top selling out the members.
Haven't you ever wondered why the union supports the democrats while most of the working hands lean conservative??
Well now finally someone with a valid, correct opinion of todays unions.
Not some jealous scab.

I had 34+ years in the union they sold me out because I was a hard core right wing conservative.
I also was one of the few people to stand up to management and also to the complacent union reps.

We had the best union the corporation could afford.

The anti union crybabies should STFU they don't know shit.

Was the test performed by non-union employees
I had 34+ years in the union they sold me out because I was a hard core right wing conservative.

The anti union crybabies should STFU they don't know shit.

Just know what I've been told by union employees.

Well there you go.

I was a union member and I just told you in front of a big crowd.