• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision us night vision pvs24

Re: us night vision pvs24

Contact MOD Armory. They are site vendors and will be able to answer any questions you have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TestnDoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lots of info here on PVS24. What are you looking for specifically? </div></div>Is it a quality piece? I should say is it worth $8000.00.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hdfireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contact MOD Armory. They are site vendors and will be able to answer any questions you have. </div></div>Thankz I'll check it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cutright</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it a quality piece? I should say is it worth $8000.00. </div></div>

The PVS 24 is an L3/Insight product, US Night Vision is simply a dealer. To answer your question, is it a quality piece? Yes absolutely it is a quality piece. It is intended for LOWER powered optics in the 1 to 8 power range ideally at powers under 6. It can be pushed up-range into the 8 power area, but image quality will not be the same as at lower powers.

With the number of new 1 to 6 optics coming onto the market, the PVS-24s' relevance is about to go through the roof, mark my words!

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would jump on the CNVD-LR before I would a pvs24 .. </div></div>

I second that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would jump on the CNVD-LR before I would a pvs24 .. </div></div>

If your looking for a clip on to support higher powered day optics in the 4 to 20 power range, ABSOLUTELY ! ! ! remeber the 24 is for low powered optics.

PVS 24 - 1 to 8 power

CNVDLR - 4 to 20 power

L3 got it right with their two offerings!

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

I had good luck with the 1.5-5 leupold and the cnvdlr , But it does take up more rail space ..But it was more preference for me than tech for me, Pete is correct ... I just want to be able to go bigger and the pvs24 has more shortcomings for me vs the cnvdlr .

You think I'll have enough rail length on a mcann mount for the cnvdlr and a 8-32 nxs?

The AN/PVS-24 is a standard issue clip-on night vision device and part of the SOPMOD Block II Kit. It's made by L3/Insight, not US Night Vision. You can see all the specs for it here:

AN/PVS-24 CNVD

Anyway, it was specifically designed for the SOPMOD kit's solicitation for a clip-on night vision device by Crane, for special operations personal to use on their issued M4(A1)'s. Since the SOPMOD Kit revolves around the M4 (14.5" bbl, 600yd area target/ 550yd point target effective ranges), it only had to be compatible with the magnified optics of that program (Trijicon ACOG NSN and Elcan Specter DR) which have maximum magnification of 4X. It also needed to be small and lightweight to easily fit on the 7" Carbine-length gas system's RIS.

So, the AN/PVS-24 meets that standard. It's very effective at 4X and I have pushed it up to 6X tops with extra IR illumination, but the light gathering ability really starts to fall off after that. The lens is not as fast as some of the other clip-ons out there and for the price, there are more versatile options.

Honestly, the 24 serves a very narrow market. It is a "short range" clip-on sight. I would steer more towards the AN/PVS-22 or the CNVD-LR for the money. They are both very quality optics and way more versatile than the PVS-24.

Give us a call and we can talk about the pros and cons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cutright</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You think I'll have enough rail length on a mcann mount for the cnvdlr and a 8-32 nxs? </div></div>

What's the length left from the scope front objective to the last rail slot ? It should it was design for such, But I have not personally used the McCann ,But No way you can use a pvs24 with that scope CNVD-LR is the better choice between the two for you ..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clasky_TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The AN/PVS-24 is a standard issue clip-on night vision device and part of the SOPMOD Block II Kit. It's made by L3/Insight, not US Night Vision. You can see all the specs for it here:

AN/PVS-24 CNVD

Anyway, it was specifically designed for the SOPMOD kit's solicitation for a clip-on night vision device by Crane, for special operations personal to use on their issued M4(A1)'s. Since the SOPMOD Kit revolves around the M4 (14.5" bbl, 600yd area target/ 550yd point target effective ranges), it only had to be compatible with the magnified optics of that program (Trijicon ACOG NSN and Elcan Specter DR) which have maximum magnification of 4X. It also needed to be small and lightweight to easily fit on the 7" Carbine-length gas system's RIS.

So, the AN/PVS-24 meets that standard. It's very effective at 4X and I have pushed it up to 6X tops with extra IR illumination, but the light gathering ability really starts to fall off after that. The lens is not as fast as some of the other clip-ons out there and for the price, there are more versatile options.

Honestly, the 24 serves a very narrow market. It is a "short range" clip-on sight. I would steer more towards the AN/PVS-22 or the CNVD-LR for the money. They are both very quality optics and way more versatile than the PVS-24.

</div></div>

What is the price difference between the PVS-22 and the CNVD-LR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KrazyL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clasky_TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The AN/PVS-24 is a standard issue clip-on night vision device and part of the SOPMOD Block II Kit. It's made by L3/Insight, not US Night Vision. You can see all the specs for it here:

AN/PVS-24 CNVD

</div></div>

What is the price difference between the PVS-22 and the CNVD-LR? </div></div>

Give us a PM, be glad to give you pricing. We have 2 variants of the PVS-22. One is a commercial spec tube (BNS) and the other is the full up Mil-Spec ITT tube (UNS). Thank you.

Vic