• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes US Optics 30mm vs 34/35mm tubes

Jason280

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2005
GA
Quick question, do US Optics scopes with 34/35mm tubes offer any more elevation adjustment over a 30mm tube? More specifically, would a 34mm tubed SN3 3.2-17 have more elevation travel than the same scope with a 30mm main tube?

Re: US Optics 30mm vs 34/35mm tubes

I called Becky at USO and asked that same question. (Must have been a year or so ago.). The answer was yes - the 35mm tube gave more elevation adjustment. I think it was on the order of 10 MOA. I didn't ask about the 34mm tube but I suspect it would be similar.

The 34mm and 35mm tube options for U.S. Optics scopes offer more elevation and windage adjustment than the 30mm tubes. The larger tube diameter gives the erector inside the scope(which houses the reticle and makes contact with the elevation and windage knobs) more room to move up/down and left/right. There is no difference in travel between the 34mm and 35mm tube, though. We offer 34mm for shooters who already own or prefer a certain 34mm mount. The amount of elevation/windage travel gained varies from model to model as scopes with lower magnification tend to have more travel than higher magnification scopes.

Contrary to what some people think, the larger tube diameters on U.S. Optics scopes do <span style="font-weight: bold">not</span> allow more light transmission. The lenses in a 34/35mm tube are the same size as in the 30mm tube, which is why the larger tubes get more travel.

Hope this helps.

Jeff, thanks for the response! On a 3.2-17x SN3, how much more elevation adjustment would you see with a 34mm tube over that of a 30mm (with EREK)?

My 30mm tube SN-3 3.2-17x44mm EREK has 86 MOA of travel. I would be curious about the gain in travel on the 34mm/35mm too.