• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics B17 and ARD

cj10

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2009
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Purchased a B17 and US Optics B17 ARD from a UK supplier. Much reduced price due to supplier clear out.

The ARD does not screw into the objective. The retailer has contacted US Optics who has said the scope will need to be returned to the US., as it is not the sunshade at fault. This process will take between 8-12 weeks.

Just wondered if anyone has experienced this same issue. Seems strange that a US Optics B17 ARD is not compatible with a US Optics B17?

They make several ARD's for different scopes and their spotting scope. Unfortunately, they don't make a "one size fits all" as they have different size objectives. If they didn't tap (thread) the objective, they would have to have the scope back to do that. That should be on them as ALL scopes were supposed to be able to be equipped with their own sunshade. Any good dealer of any good optic should have been able to tell you that before you bought it. What sunshade/ARD would fit your scope. Sounds pretty weak to me a dealer clearing would not have told you that.

What is the deal with shipping? Are you paying or are they paying? If they don't want to work with you, I'd send 'em a pic of some homemade F'd up sunshade and put the U.S. Optics logo in the pic and start a thread about it....after sending them an email with the pic.

They make several ARD's for different scopes and their spotting scope. Unfortunately, they don't make a "one size fits all" as they have different size objectives. If they didn't tap (thread) the objective, they would have to have the scope back to do that. That should be on them as ALL scopes were supposed to be able to be equipped with their own sunshade. Any good dealer of any good optic should have been able to tell you that before you bought it. What sunshade/ARD would fit your scope. Sounds pretty weak to me a dealer clearing would not have told you that.

What is the deal with shipping? Are you paying or are they paying? If they don't want to work with you, I'd send 'em a pic of some homemade F'd up sunshade and put the U.S. Optics logo in the pic and start a thread about it....after sending them an email with the pic.

The objective is threaded as is the ARD, but will not mate. ARD is US Optics labelled specifically for the B17 model I have. Uk retailer unable to tell me yet why US Optics are so confident it is the scope objective thread at fault. I believe the retailer will pick up all shipping costs, etc but there will be a delay in export back to the US as it will require an export licence to leave the UK.

I could just take a refund, but the scope was discounted from £2700 down to £1200. I won’t get that scope for £1200 again so I just want to get it sorted.

For that price just suck it up and send it. A B17 for $1450 is a great price. I can’t get over the amount of complaining people do especially when the company is going to fix it for free.

I do agree with Sandwarrior though. If they are admitting it is their issue they should be paying shipping unless their is some kind of screwed up customs thing.

I have a couple B17 sunshades. I may be able to help get you a correct one. Hit me up