• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics EREK Question

Gregch44

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
Upstate NY
Hey Guys, I just changed out the scope on my long range rig from a SN-3 3.2-17x44mm with a 35mm tube, to the 5-25x58mm with a 34mm tube. While sighting it in for 100 yards, I couldn't get the erector to dial down to match the zero stop. In other words, I have 3 full mils below my zero, and I can not bring the cross hairs down any farther to eliminate this. It feels like the EREK allen screw is backed out solidly to its stop, so I don't want to force it and have a broken scope. I bought this lightly used here from a member so I don't know its full history, I will try to find out. My other one I had ordered from USO directly, and had no problem with zeroing on this same rifle. The rifle is the 7RSAUM in my sig. Does it sound like I will have to send this off to USO? I will be shooting my F-Class matches with it for the season before I would send it in, I'm just starting to figure this out. Am I missing something? Thanks for looking. Oh, Both scopes are, or were mounted in USO Low 1.065 rings, so the center line of the scopes are the same above the bore.

Pretty sure you need to adjust the zero for the rifle. Google erek knob adjustments or the like. I'm not fancy with a computer to make links and such. Watch the you tube videos and adjust the center allen under the center cap. Videos can explain much better than I. Watch several time and it will make sense.

Nothing is wrong with your USO. Mine does the same thing. The 5-25 will do exactly as you describe unless your putting it on a 30 moa or more rail. You can call USO to confirm you you'd like.

Paging SSgtkyle.....

Last edited:
Nothing is wrong with your USO. Mine does the same thing. The 5-25 will do exactly as you describe unless your putting it on a 30 moa or more rail. You can call USO to confirm you you'd like.

Paging SSgtkyle.....

Thank you for the good input. You seem to understand my quandry. I believe your answer, but now I will ask why this is? It would seem to go against the reason for the EREK knob in the first place. Thanks again for the straight dope.

How old is this 5-25? The newer models were changed a bit to get the max amount of travel. So that being said, your scope might be one of the newer types were you can't get that perfect ZERO stop effect

Gregch44,

Just as Lazy 21 stated. The closest you can get to bottoming your EREK out is usually around 3 mils. The new ER-25's does have a significant more amount of travel and this is what you're experiencing. From the sound of it you are doing everything correct. You're more than welcome to give me a call at the office if you want.

Guys, thank you very much for all the input. Now I feel good about this. I am only shooting 1000 yards, so I was never worried about being to dial that and way beyond, just worried that there was an issue with the scope.