• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes US Optics? How do they stack up?

RickyRodney

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2014
MD
How do offerings from US OPTICS compare to the Gen II razors and NF atacr’s. I want to try one but have no place to get my hands on one. Really interested in glass clarity and durability. How tactile are the turrets? Illumination bright? I’d appreciate any input.

Reactions: USMCshooter62
The new bravo models stack up very well. I've owned both the Gen 2 razor and B17 and depending on what your eyes like the glass is either or between the vortex and USO, I felt there was very little difference between the two but would go with USO very slightly edging out the vortex. Splitting hairs really, don't know with NF.

The turrets are extremely tactile, best I've ever experienced. Heavy but solid detent. I did find the locking mechanism unnecessary outside of zeroing the scope. There is no way they could turn without you gripping them and actually turning one way or another.

Tracking was dead nuts on and repeatable. Not much else to say.

Illumination is excellent but does have less steps than most of its competitors. The lowest setting is very faint, basically for NV but does step up quick. No light bleed until you get to the upper levels of the intensity. I'm not sure why USO however illuminates everything including the solid bars on the sides of the reticle. Just illuminate the reticle.

Reactions: Poorboyr
Us optics and nightforce are pretty much equal. Nightforce glass is brighter and pops, but the USO glass is clearer. The easiest way to explain it is that nightforce is brighter, almost like fake bright, while USO is very true color. My personal opinion is that the new USO B turrets are the best around out of any scope. The Nightforce turrets are really good too. Plus nightforce caps their wind age which I like. You wouldn’t go wrong with either one.

I prefer both of those scopes better than the Vortex. It’s not a bad scope by any means just not with those guys. However you can get this one at a better price.

I can tell you that my eyes does not like nightforce glass, none of the scope models. I’ve always had trouble getting them to focus and get the full picture. But that’s just me. It’s hard to choose what is the best without getting behind them.

I went to a B25 from a Razor AMG and have zero regrets. I have done quite a few quick side by side comparisons on the range with various other scopes and I agree with what Poorboyr said above, some of the other scopes seem to appear brighter but it is somewhat artificial if that make sense.

Turrets are very much a personal opinion, but the B25 is my favorite, it is hard to describe but it almost has more 'space' between the clicks, but not in a bad way, more in a way that makes it easier to hit the number you are trying to dial without going over or coming up short. I was playing with a Minox last weekend and the clicks were extremely fine compared to my USO, I did not like them as much but its a user preference thing.

I have been using mine for almost 2 years now and it has been dead on reliable and repeatable.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: USMCshooter62
Thank you all that helps. How about some of the older US Optics like the MR10 1.8-10x and the ER-25? Is the glass and turret quality the same?

No experience with the mr10 but the Er 25s are tanks. You can use those things as baseball bats and hammers and they would be good. Just remember they are very large scopes. I personally like the er 25. Optically the scope is great and reliability is there. I really like the turrets too, not as much as the Erek 2 design though. The Erek 1 design does not have a true zero stop.

Reactions: RickyRodney
How about the glass, better than say a NXS? Sorry for all the questions. So no zero stop? thats kinda BS.

I personally think the glass is much better than a NXS. It is as good as the B series and the other top tiers. It kind of has a zero stop but not really. There’s a youtube video that shows what I’m talking about. Remember, that scope has been out for a long time.

I have 2 of the ST 10 US Optics scopes and I love them, haven’t tried the variables. They are tough scopes, doubt you can go wrong with any of them.

The US Optics EREK turret lets you zero, then hold the erector in the zeroed position with a hex wrench in the center screw socket while you rotate the turret clockwise until its bottomed out.

Use the included zeroing turret cap, which has a hole in the center to allow access to the center screw, to zero. Once your zeroed and the turret is all set up for zero stop, swap the solid cap back on.

So, it lets the bottomed out position of the knob itself act as the zero stop.

I like to set my EREK turret to bottom out .5 mils below my zero. That makes it easy, without looking, to spin the turret to the stop then count .5 mils back to zero. It also lets me dial .3 down and .3 right for my unsuppressed zero.

I use the ST-10 TPAL too.

Last edited:
Reactions: RickyRodney