• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics Lit reticle?

Moose

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 3, 2005
    NJ
    Im about to purchace a SN-3 and would like to know which lit reticle red or green functions better.I remenber a post on the subject and i cant find it.Some one who has used both and can give a hands on opinion would be very usefull to me.Thanks for any help.

Re: US Optics Lit reticle?

It would be helpful to know what kind of situations that you would be using the illumination for. With a pvs 22/27 I would not recommend green. They say the eye is most sensitive to green, but behind a nvd that is green it isn't that helpful and I usually leave it off. I only use the lit ret in near to complete darkness and I have to say that I prefer the red to the green. I have s sn3 tpal red gap ret and It is vsible in all but the brightest sunlight.

I have a color deficiency, so have had a problem with red lasers and some red dot sights.

However all of my USO scopes are red lit, and I can see it OK except at the lowest settings.

I have red in my NF, but its not visible in daylight, I do have a USO coming that has the green, crossing fingers, it should be here in a couple weeks