• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics mil/mil

BLACKCELL

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2010
GA
I have decided to go mil/mil and am having scope built. I need your reticle choices and why. Thanks in advance.

I have a 1-8X (red dot with illum) being built.

My only choices were C2 and CDMIL. I went C2 because it was less busy.

My other scope is H2CMR. I like easy.

I just got a MIL-GAP. I haven't shot it much yet, but really digging it so far.

I have the MIL-MPR on my sn3 and I like it a lot. It has more subdivision of the mil marks than the GAP but really isn't that cluttered.

I have a 5-25x58 as well. Went with the RDP Mil. The center section of the reticle is extremely fine, which allows hits on small targets or extended range. The subtentions take some getting used to. The reticle offers the fine cross hair of a target scope with the FFP range and holdover estimation of a tactical scope. I love it

All great reticles choices. Anybody have the Gen 2xr? Curious to know more about this reticle.

I have the MIL MPR in my 5-25. But if I were ordering new today (I ordered mine in 2010), I would go with the MIL-RDP for the fine line in the center. All superb reticles.

Gen2 XR looks interesting. Sort of a simplified Horus.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Last edited:
I would go with the Gen2xr or RDP mil... Gen2xr would be my first choice. The Gen2xr has a very nice thin crosshair that doesnt cover up small targets at long range. The layout of the gen2xr is nice for holds.