• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes US Optics SN-4

Mumbles

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2008
Pittsburgh Area
I'm not going to lie, I monitor the sale boards pretty closely here, bought some stuff and sold some stuff, and while there's almost always a USO SN-3 of some description up for sale, I don't think I've ever seen an SN-4. Every once in a while (but pretty rare) an SN-4S. Any ideas why? Are they unpopular, or are the people who own them unwilling to give them up? I'm inclined to think the former, because no matter how awesome something is, if people were using them, they'd come up for sale occasionally.

I ask because on paper, it fits the bill perfectly for my AR, but if there's something wrong with them, or if there's a better option I'd like to hear about it.

Re: US Optics SN-4

I both bought & sold an SN4s here on the Classifieds. Liked it well enough, but found that I prefer my NXS Compact (2.5-10x) for the shooting (hunting) I do with the AR I had it mounted on...
SN4s
Newbatch014.jpg

NXS
43lbmalered009.jpg

I have one on my SPR setup AR and like it. About as close to a "do it all" optic as you will find for an AR IMHO. I would imagine in that price range most people go for more magnification. The SN-4s seem to be pretty common at 3-gun matches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About as close to a "do it all" optic as you will find for an AR IMHO.</div></div>

That's what I was hoping to hear. Are you referring to the 1.5-6x or the 1-4x? That makes sense that people spending that much tend to go with more magnification, I didn't think of it from that angle.

The Nightforce 2.5-10 is also under consideration. What do you prefer about it? Just the magnification? I have a PFI mini-red dot I plan to someday use on this rifle, so I'm open to a little higher mag on the low end, I'm not fixated on the idea of a true 1x.

I had a Leupold MR/T 1.5-5 at one point and liked it fine. I ended up trading it for a Remington 700 at one point though, and I'd like to replace it with something mil/mil with a more traditional reticle - Gen 2 mil-dots or mil hashes.

This is the rifle I'm researching for:
iqliti.jpg

I have the SN-4S I purchased for a deployment. I don't think you see them very often because they are so custom. Folks order them a certain way to do a certain job.

We could get the ACOG with the Doctor optic but I wanted something with more flexability and the SN-4S is it. True 1-4x with illuminated reticle and the extended eye relief. Since it's FFP it's good through the entire power range. On 1x it functions like a doghnut of death and very fast to pick up. When cranked to 4x the BDC takes me to 400yds easily.