• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US Weapons Full Of Fake Chinese Parts?

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ese-parts.html

Thousands of United States' warplanes, ships and missiles contain fake electronic components from China, leaving them open to malfunction, according to a US Senate committee.

The US Senate Armed Services Committee said its researchers had uncovered 1,800 cases in which the Pentagon had been sold electronics that may be counterfeit.

In total, the committee said it had found more than a million fake parts had made their way into warplanes such as the Boeing C-17 transport jet and the Lockheed Martin C-130J "Super Hercules".

It also found fake components in Boeing's CH-46 Sea Knight helicopter and the Theatre High-Altitude Area Defence (THAAD) missile defence system.

"A million parts is surely a huge number. But I want to repeat this: we have only looked at a portion of the defence supply chain. So those 1,800 cases are just the tip of the iceberg," said Senator Carl Levin.

Re: US Weapons Full Of Fake Chinese Parts?

If the contracts awarded for those components or assemblies specified US made parts, some folks need to go to prison.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the contracts awarded for those components or assemblies specified US made parts, some folks need to go to prison.</div></div>

+1000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the contracts awarded for those components or assemblies specified US made parts, some folks need to go to prison.</div></div>

+1000 </div></div>

+1000 more

So what are they saying? The Department of Defense shops at Walmart, too?

If so, then what's the problem? The 'goods' there are good enough for Uncle Sam's citizens... ergo they should be good enough to protect Uncle Sam's citizens. Not only that, but this is for the 'betterment' of so-called "international trade" as well as "human rights" Look at all the children who have jobs now, in China.

No?

(ok, ok... I'll turn my sarcasm machine off....)

Good grief, more bad news. I hope they pinpoint the root of this mess and take care of it. I sure hope it wasn't intentionally wrote off on. Seems like a lot of lives could be at stake using equipment with poorly made, inferior vital components. We all know how prone to failure cheap China shit can be.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Just "the tip of the iceberg" sounds about right, cause someones getting f**ked here</span>... Mainly the ones who's lives are on the line while using this equipment and also the companies that should be supplying these parts as mentioned above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good grief, more bad news. I hope they pinpoint the root of this mess and take care of it. </div></div>

redirt78, I can assure you that there's nothing to worry about.
The Senate will appoint a committee with a special prosecutor, and the guilty party, or parties, will all be swiftly brought to justice!!