• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USA Ammo in a Rem 700 .308

tanda10506

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Phelan, CA
Hello everybody. I haven't been on any forum, bought anything gun related, or went shooting in roughly 2 years. Longest time ever! Anyway, now that I've handled all the other things that were eating up my money I can get back to shooting. I have a Rem 700 SPS Varmint and SPS Tactical in .308 that I wanted to take out but that I'm holding back on right now due to the ammo I have for them. I have reloaded a lot of my own from Winchester "once-fired" brass but the majority of it is USA Ammo (over 1,000 rounds). Again, I have been away from this guns/ammo websites completely for a while, and when I went to look at the USA Ammo website. Evidently they are out of business and there is a facebook page showing a "blown up" Glock with a handful of people complaining about the ammo in their semi-auto pistols. Being that there are only a few people posting negatively on the page and since I have fired over 200 rounds of the ammo already through my SPS Varmint (a couple years back), I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it does make me a bit nervous to fire another round of it or rely on it as my "bulk". I tried the search function but since it has the word USA and ammo in it, nearly every post ever made comes up. Anybody here have a problem with USA Ammo in their bolt action rifles (or any other gun)? Thanks!

I would hazard to guess that the rifle ammo would be ok....but if you already reload, it is awful cheap insurance to pull them apart and reload them with known powder and component data.

how dumb will you feel when you blow up your rifle?

I would hazard to guess that the rifle ammo would be ok....but if you already reload, it is awful cheap insurance to pull them apart and reload them with known powder and component data.

how dumb will you feel when you blow up your rifle?

Yeah I'm thinking of doing that. It has a Hornady A Max bullet and good brass (supposedly good powder too but I would replace that). Seems like the complaints were from the seating not being correct. There are some pictures on the complaint page that shows a big difference in bullet seating between two rounds. I'm skeptical of the page though because none of my ammo is like that and it could be any two rounds.

Still curious though if anybody has had any problems with USA Ammo in a bolt action rifle, or any gun for that matter.

Last edited: