• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes USA Assembled Vortex's

cjs88

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    Got an email from EO about preordering a Razer Gen III 1-10 that are assembled in the USA and not imported. Anyone have one and notice any difference in quality? I'm not looking to get one, just generally curious.

Without getting into the whole you should only buy made in usa or not. As a global economy, you have compnies within foreign countries who have spent decades and are now specialized in specific comodies and its production.

Taiwan for example is where 90% of the high end carbon bicycle frames are being produced from. Many of the southeast asian countries high end apparel and shoes(vietnam, bangladesh, etc). Germany (more relatable) high end glass. List goes on and on. EDIT so my comment does not start a shit storm, all these companies are based in countries that ARE NOT CHINA.

Domestic assembly means more jobs. Though when looking at this without bias. would you rather have your product made in a factory who has decades of experience and skilled workers who have spent years doing such assembly after going thru a matured training program or a factory that has less experienc, with (relatively) recetly trained and (probably) less experienced workforce (at the specific product) on the assembly line?

To tie this with an example, my recently purchased arcteryx leaf jacket was actually not made in Canada. Not going to the politics(they got purchased by a chinese company and etc). Doing some research, Arcteryx in the last decade has had factories abroad (prior to CN purchase), and based upon performance metrics, the canadian factories were actaully the worst due to the number of rejected apparel that did not meet their stringent QC standard. After that, the fact that it was not made in canada didnt bother me anymore.

and to somewhat "flip the script", who would you rather have do a job. Someone who thinks $15 an hour is criminal and they should be paid more, or someone that knows $5 an hour is more than theyd make anywhere else locally. Of course not getting into things like foxcon and the literally batshit crazy ways they utilize their labor force for apple products.

If you want to support local, great. If you want something thats made by someone whos the most skilled in a specific product, local may not be the optimal choice. Like going to a seafood restaurant and ordering a steak.

To get to the OPs question, you shouldnt see any difference as (at least i theory) Vortex's QC for any facotry should be the same and therefore only those GEN IIIs that are above the threshold are out in the wild. But for small errors that may not be noticeable and or rejected by QC, theres the possiblity youd see more of that more from the domestic force.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dogtown
    Pretty sure Frank has pictures in the facility in the US where ALL Razors have been assembled.

• Haha
    Reactions: TheMammoth
    Werent those for the AMG which was from the inception 100% USA made, sourced from US materials? My Gen ii say made in japan on it.

Reactions: Holliday
    Without getting into the whole you should only buy made in usa or not. As a global economy, you have compnies within foreign countries who have spent decades and are now specialized in specific comodies and its production.

Taiwan for example is where 90% of the high end carbon bicycle frames are being produced from. Many of the southeast asian countries high end apparel and shoes. Germany (more relatable) high end glass. List goes on and on.

Domestic assembly means more jobs. Though when looking at this without bias. would you rather have your product made in a factory who has decades of experience and skilled workers who have spent years doing such assembly after going thru a matured training program or a factory that has less experienc, with (relatively) recetly trained and (probably) less experienced workforce (at the specific product) on the assembly line?

To tie this with an example, my recently purchased arcteryx leaf jacket was actually not made in Canada. Not going to the politics(they got purchased by a chinese company and etc). Doing some research, Arcteryx in the last decade has had factories abroad (prior to CN purchase), and based upon performance metrics, the canadian factories were actaully the worst due to the number of rejected apparel that did not meet their stringent QC standard. After that, the fact that it was not made in canada didnt bother me anymore.

and to somewhat "flip the script", who would you rather have do a job. Someone who thinks $15 an hour is criminal and they should be paid more, or someone that knows $5 an hour is more than theyd make anywhere else locally. Of course not getting into things like foxcon and the literally batshit crazy ways they utilize their labor force for apple products.

If you want to support local, great. If you want something thats made by someone whos the most skilled in a specific product, local may not be the optimal choice. Like going to a seafood restaurant and ordering a steak.

To get to the OPs question, you shouldnt see any difference as (at least i theory) Vortex's QC for any facotry should be the same and therefore only those GEN IIIs that are above the threshold are out in the wild. But for small errors that may not be noticeable and or rejected by QC, theres the possiblity youd see more of that more from the domestic force.
    Maybe some people just dont want to buy crap made in china. But hey if you think the shit is good go for it.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
    Maybe some people just dont want to buy crap made in china. But hey if you think the shit is good go for it.
    I specifically created examples of things thats were from sources not made in china, to kind of get away from any poo storm that such comments have a magent to comments related to "foreign".

Foreign does NOT all equal China. Also my comment wasnt in hate in any way. Supporting local is good.

Reactions: tactic-als
    I specifically created examples of things thats were from sources not made in china, to kind of get away from any poo storm that such comments have a magent to comments related to "foreign".

Foreign does NOT all equal China. Also my comment wasnt in hate in any way. Supporting local is good.
    I just know of some people who buy vortex and are getting sick of using the vip warranty most of them are made in china im not certain. Not a vortex fan .and the poster on the thread just wants to know how the US made scopes are preforming if they are in fact made in the USA as for me I'll stick with Leupold. But am thinking of getting a Gen 2 PST for shits and giggles.

I just know of some people who buy vortex and are getting sick of using the vip warranty most of them are made in china im not certain. Not a vortex fan .and the poster on the thread just wants to know how the US made scopes are preforming if they are in fact made in the USA as for me I'll stick with Leupold. But am thinking of getting a Gen 2 PST for shits and giggles.
    You do realize Leupold sells products made in Japan and China as well? Additionally, their scopes are only "assembled" in USA, some with parts (glass) sourced from Asia.

Werent those for the AMG which was from the inception 100% USA made, sourced from US materials? My Gen ii say made in japan on it.
    I don’t believe so.
    AMG was MADE in the US, until the reticle wasn’t.
    Razors were ASSEMBLED in the US.

Reactions: 5RWill and Stoweit
    The 1-10's that say made in Japan are machined in Japan and mostly assembled in Japan. We do a few final Tweeks/assembly in WI. This run of scopes that Eurooptic is selling is 💯 assembled in our place in WI with the same Japanese parts. The only difference between the two is addressed in euros email....no sunshade, but comes with defender flip caps.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. We are more than happy to help.

Best Regards
    Scott Parks

Sorry to go off topic... but having owned many Arcteryx garments pre and post Canadian production - my big concern is not where Arcteryx makes their garments (as you noted, QC is what is most important and I havent noticed a difference between my Canadian garments and those produced elsewhere), but rather if their push to sell to fuckboi hype beasts and high fashion is going to push their design of highly technical gear and quality to the shitter, like what happened to The North Face in the 1990s.

Reactions: ma smith
    You do realize Leupold sells products made in Japan and China as well? Additionally, their scopes are only "assembled" in USA, some with parts (glass) sourced from Asia.
    What i herd on scopes is that made in America the glass can come from anywhere. And yes the other crap they have i have no fucking clue what ship it comes off of.

Vortex has about five or six different product lines at different price points.

The people who buy bottom feeder Vortex scopes have usually a different experience than the people who buy Razor or AMG products from Vortex.

I'd buy any Japanese made scope any day and twice on Sunday

What i herd on scopes is that made in America the glass can come from anywhere. And yes the other crap they have i have no fucking clue what ship it comes off of.

My Honda Accord is more American made than any almost any fucking Chevy out there.

Outside of not supporting the CCP and labor unions here, I don't give a fuck where what I buy is made as long as the quality meets my standards

The 1-10's that say made in Japan are machined in Japan and mostly assembled in Japan. We do a few final Tweeks/assembly in WI. This run of scopes that Eurooptic is selling is 💯 assembled in our place in WI with the same Japanese parts. The only difference between the two is addressed in euros email....no sunshade, but comes with defender flip caps.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. We are more than happy to help.

Best Regards
    Scott Parks
    Who is going to be assembling the Military contract scopes? Vortex just got a huge contract.

Vortex has about five or six different product lines at different price points.

The people who buy bottom feeder Vortex scopes have usually a different experience than the people who buy Razor or AMG products from Vortex.

Never said anything about Japanese products i have a Sightron S III absolutely love it i just stay away from anything made in china because i have learned that it's not going to hold up over time if it comes out of the box working at all. Now some items you just dont have a chance at sourcing from other than china.
    But hey if the Chinese scopes meet your level go get some you can go post on the arken thread and tell us how great they are.

I was about to post the same....that is, I'm generally fine with made in Japan items and my house is populated with some (can you say Sony, Panasonic, etc).

All - As for Chinese....while I understand and agree with not wanting to support the commies, it is my experience that the Chinese will make as high of a qual product as you want to pay for. Issue is that most businesses that source from China do so in order to meet a lower tier price point.

I worked in high end telecom network equip buiness and there is a LOT of VERY highly technical and highly reliable items made in China for this industry. But they also aren't Dollar Store priced.