• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Use old or buy new

NevadaMarine

Shooter
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2014
Nevada
Hey guys!

Been a while since I've been on here but I got a question or two. I have an old (purchased as 'new old stock') 1980's Savage 110E chambered in 7mm RemMag. I want to shoot variable distances from 500 to past 1000. Do I buy a new set up or just use the Savage? What do y'all think?

Thanks!
Robert

Buy another rifle. Leave the old girl alone and get something other than a Savage this time.

just to ask , why can you not use the 7mm rem mag you have now isn't that already a 1000+yard round ? video's online with shots over 2 miles with that round . how does your gun shoot for you as it is ?

I'm sure it could make the 1000 yard shot. I don't have the set up yet for it though and was wondering if it was worth putting the money into this rifle or to buy new with more modern updates and specs that I could pick and choose. Was thinking of a new stock/trigger/etc and don't know if the 1980's 110E is the same dimensions as a nowadays 110. Stuff like that is why the question has been brought up.

I'd get a more modern modular gun if I were you. There are plenty of complete packages that can be built for under 1k.